Letter to Nitromater (1 Viewer)

That quack doesnt actually write for a paper does he? Man, that was crazy. Granted I know we dont command the coverage we all think we deserve and I understand that but man that was a little over the top. And Shirley may be a capital B but that still doesnt dispute the fact she's already done it.

Isn't that the chick in the Poison video from 1988? :p:D;)

HAHA!
sick2.gif

Go listen to some of the videos on the IRL page. They say things like, "Which is the only victory by a female at the highest level of racing." and "Danica is the only female to break the gender barrier and win at an elite level."

Come on now.....

Really? "Patrick, competing in her 50th IndyCar Series race, became the first female to win a major auto racing event on a closed-course circuit".
William,

They are fudging the facts with the way they word this statement. If they wanted to be accurate and honest it would read "first female to win in Indy car". By including the "major auto racing event" they imply she is the first ever... the addition of the wording "closed-course circuit" has no real meaning to anyone outside the sport, a drag strip is a closed course. It's just not a circuit.

Back to the topic...

Mr. Everett's rant is typical of the liberally populated media in that they become indignant when it is pointed out that they are factually inaccurate. If Mr. Everett were being intellectually honest he would have to admit that the majority of the media got the facts of the story wrong. He would also have to admit that drag racing fans distain for the story had nothing to do with Danica or the fact that she won but rather the way her racing league reported the story and how the news media's laziness perpetuated the falsehood.

The fact that the AP followed the IRL's release and the rest of the media simply reprinted/reported the AP wire story goes to show how lazy and inconsequential our new reporting agencies have become.

It's funny this thread is here, as I was waiting for the races Sunday, I watched the last bit of the Over-Sized Go Cart race, and when I turned it on, they happened to be interviewing Danica. And it confirmed everything I have personally ever thought about her.

She comes across as rude, snotty, and uppity. Just my .02 on Danica.

I personally despise all people that lump everyone into one group and insult them all

"The people who post to Nitromater are a bunch of reactionaries, not unlike a right-wing pressure group. "

Wait........I just did the same thing.....crap!!!!! :D

Well IRL evidently supports the misinformation

IndyCar.com

Like I said in my post earlier in the therad, can't blame them for taking the pub to the Nth degree whilst trying to sway casual fans to their camp. The casual fan won't know any better, most media outlets are too disinterested or lazy to refute/research/write their own copy. Lastly, it takes a little shine off their star to point out others who came first in other venues.

The entire history of the IRL can be summed up thusly: "Lies by omission rather than admission" but that is a whole 'nother deal altogether ....

After 4 pages it's a little late for this, but here it goes anyway. I think the best response to little Chucky's letter would have been for no one to reply and let this thread die a quick, accentuated death.

After 4 pages it's a little late for this, but here it goes anyway. I think the best response to little Chucky's letter would have been for no one to reply and let this thread die a quick, accentuated death.

Yep, if you want a bozo to go away, you do not feed the poor slob ammo that he can further use to validate any claim he is making.

The simple act of ignoring these people removes any of their power or point they are attempting to make.

My response would be......."yep, OK, thank you."

End of story. hard for big egos to do, but works like a charm.

REX

Too funny.....the guy didn't post this himself. Shannon shared it with us. So are we fueling Chaz's fire? Who gives a flyin' flip?!

Actually, I kind of agree with a few of his points.

Yep, if you want a bozo to go away, you do not feed the poor slob ammo that he can further use to validate any claim he is making.

The simple act of ignoring these people removes any of their power or point they are attempting to make.

My response would be......."yep, OK, thank you."

End of story. hard for big egos to do, but works like a charm.

REX
Wow Rex, 2 in a row. The earth is going to change rotation.

A lot of these comments are feeding directly into what the guy wrote, and are proving his point.

Controversy sells.
Never fails........Bad news is good news, and good news is good news.
Win-Win situation.

Hope he comes back with more.
jmho.

It's funny this thread is here, as I was waiting for the races Sunday, I watched the last bit of the Over-Sized Go Cart race, and when I turned it on, they happened to be interviewing Danica. And it confirmed everything I have personally ever thought about her.

She comes across as rude, snotty, and uppity. Just my .02 on Danica.

Alan, I have always thought the same thing.

i'm waiting for Chuck's first post here on the mater; but Chuck, before
you pen your first post, i'd like to let you know that the monday after
Danica's victory, i emailed the NY Times informing them of incorrect
verbage on their 'sports' webpage (regarding Danica's victory).
Later that same morning I received a very polite email from one of their
editors, thanking me for pointing out the oversight and that they
had changed the verbage (which they did around noon that day)

Nothing else, simple stuff.....nobody was upset or irrate, the rest of
my monday was wonderful, as are most days.
How are you feeling Chuck?

What's this guys name?

IT DOESN"T MATTER WHAT HIS NAME IS!!!!

sorry WWE flashback moment:D

So much for ethics in journalism....

The Tenants of Journalism are the golden law that govern your discipline.

That being the case, please tell me how
A) reporting inaccurate information
B) accosting the citizens for correcting said inaccurate information
C) informing us that coverage is not uniform and proportional to our sport because of our attitudes

follows in line with ANY of the tenants?

Which is why citizen journalism is taking so many of your jobs!

PS: I added my own "commentary" about this letter on my site too. Please read and comment!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back