IRL Claims Patrick "The First Female To Win A Major Auto Racing Event." (1 Viewer)

Doing a bit of checking and quick math, Women have won 78 races. And thats just in the Pro ranks. The number is higher if you add Alcohol Funny and Alcohol Dragster , which should be included in Pro class , as any vechile
that does the quarter in 5 sec at way over 200 are very much Pro. That would put the number close to 100. So Danica just the first to win in Indy.

I am probaby one of the biggest Drag race fanatics around. My husband says life does not revolve around drag racing, I beg to differ on that one. With that being said I think allthough she is not the first female to win a major race it is no less of an accomplishment. Unfountunetely Since the split of IRL and Cart the attendance at any of these races has been marginal (with the exception of Indy). There were probably more fans in attendance when shirley won her first event then there were in Japan on Sunday.

Okay, let me clarify,

when I stepped away from the sport in the 90's, I spent several years with friends racing LMS at tracks here in Virginia. It's just cell phone cup racing that bores me to tears.

First date with Kat was to Corona for dirt track race, her idea, not mine lol

d'kid

My ex husband and i raced street stock at corona in the early 80's. Both he and the track came to the same fate. Gone!!! LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back