IRL Claims Patrick "The First Female To Win A Major Auto Racing Event." (1 Viewer)

I'm with you guys! ESPNews botched it also. Putting up a graphic indicated Danica was the first since Shirley Muldowney. They too forgot about Melanie and the PSB ladies.

It seems to me that the real reason for Danica's popularity is her willingness to strip down to her undies. Melanie and Ashley (and many other female racers) have too much respect for their sport to allow themselves to be pimped out.

I'd still root for them if they want to do that! :D

This fellow, Bruce Martin, needs some emails from us as well.
Bruce Martin: Patrick proves skills equal to her beauty - Bruce Martin - SI.com

His statement:
She also will be remembered as the "first female" ever to win a major auto race. While such drag racers as Shirley Muldowney, Ashley Force and Melanie Troxel have won in drag racing, Patrick's series races on closed race courses against more than one competitor at a time.

So, by his reasoning, boxing victories don't mean much either because they're fighting only one person at a time.

Randy...I also sent a letter to the IRL Media Hounds... I also included a link to this video... TIMMAH'S LADIES OF THE NHRA VIDEO Gave them some stats on SHIRLEY, ANGELLE and MEL'S NHRA PRO WINS, and even gave them a smiley face at the end of the email.

Got a response from a Friend of mine who works for the PR firm that supports Tony George and his boys...PARAPHRASING HIS EMAIL.."Don't rain on our Parade Timmah!"

Thinking about sending them a :mad: Next!

When someone opens the door for you , it would only be polite to say thank you. And I'm sure Danica is aware of who opened the door. The news people on the other hand have no excuse, or is anyone really suprised the media reports anything correctly. Between Shirley, Melanie, Angelle, there are at least 50 wins, and 3 world championships.

D

Ya ought ta live in "the South" and people don't understand why, if you like drag racing, you don't like circle go round round.

S/F

d'kid

Wait a minute....I followed NACAR for years. Sure I slacked off after the death of Dale Sr., but I've gotten back into it lately. Yes, for more reasons than the NAPA relationship. I started back before that. In fact, I've gotten into the local dirt circle track racing. Um, that might be personally motivated. ;) Even so, in our neck of the woods there are MANY crossover fans!

That being said.....I totally respect peoples likes and dislikes. My ex and my wife in-law (his current wife) have embraced NHRA over the last 2 seasons. At first, it was reluctant.....but they mainly did it for my kiddo. Now, I think they're hooked.

Gotta love Texans.....we are multi-faceted! :D

You deserve kudos for posting those!

BTW, I always have to laugh at people who think drag racing "is all setup" and "How hard can it be, it's only 5 seconds."

The best way to shut these people up? I wish one team owner can arrange a "You think it's so easy, why don't YOU try it" contest: 10 people who are on record as saying such things get a chance to make burnouts and 60 foot squirts. I bet 8/10 will not be able to manage the burnout, much less the 60 footers. Sadly, this will probably never happen due to liability concerns.

Wait a minute....I followed NACAR for years. Sure I slacked off after the death of Dale Sr., but I've gotten back into it lately. Yes, for more reasons than the NAPA relationship. I started back before that. In fact, I've gotten into the local dirt circle track racing. Um, that might be personally motivated. ;) Even so, in our neck of the woods there are MANY crossover fans!

That being said.....I totally respect peoples likes and dislikes. My ex and my wife in-law (his current wife) have embraced NHRA over the last 2 seasons. At first, it was reluctant.....but they mainly did it for my kiddo. Now, I think they're hooked.

Gotta love Texans.....we are multi-faceted! :D

I'm a nitro fan first Kelly, but I think i'd rather watch a local dirt track race than a race at a Nascar cookie-cutter speedway anyway. I still need to check out Lucas Oil Speedway- especially since it's only 60 miles or so away!
/threadjack over
Welcome to Lucas Oil Speedway - Lucas Oil Speedway

I'm a nitro fan first Kelly, but I think i'd rather watch a local dirt track race than a race at a Nascar cookie-cutter speedway anyway. I still need to check out Lucas Oil Speedway- especially since it's only 60 miles or so away!
/threadjack over
Welcome to Lucas Oil Speedway - Lucas Oil Speedway

Bran-Sp20.jpg

I agree with you about dirt track racing. I for one certainly prefer the sprint cars to NASCAR. I live 10 minutes from Skagit Speedway and try to take in as much as possible each season. When the World of Outlaws come to town each summer the haulers are usually parked just a couple of blocks from my house. I love to take my stepdaughter down to watch the crews work on the cars, which they do right on the street.

Okay, let me clarify,

when I stepped away from the sport in the 90's, I spent several years with friends racing LMS at tracks here in Virginia. It's just cell phone cup racing that bores me to tears.

First date with Kat was to Corona for dirt track race, her idea, not mine lol

d'kid

You deserve kudos for posting those!

BTW, I always have to laugh at people who think drag racing "is all setup" and "How hard can it be, it's only 5 seconds."

The best way to shut these people up? I wish one team owner can arrange a "You think it's so easy, why don't YOU try it" contest: 10 people who are on record as saying such things get a chance to make burnouts and 60 foot squirts. I bet 8/10 will not be able to manage the burnout, much less the 60 footers. Sadly, this will probably never happen due to liability concerns.

The only squirt they could pull off would be in their pants! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back