Letter to Nitromater (1 Viewer)

So much for ethics in journalism....

The Tenants of Journalism are the golden law that govern your discipline.

That being the case, please tell me how
A) reporting inaccurate information
B) accosting the citizens for correcting said inaccurate information
C) informing us that coverage is not uniform and proportional to our sport because of our attitudes

follows in line with ANY of the tenants?

Which is why citizen journalism is taking so many of your jobs!

PS: I added my own "commentary" about this letter on my site too. Please read and comment!

WOW!!!!!! Everyone take the time to click the commentary link and to read what Erica wrote. I don't think it could have been said any better

So much for ethics in journalism....

The Tenants of Journalism are the golden law that govern your discipline.

That being the case, please tell me how
A) reporting inaccurate information
B) accosting the citizens for correcting said inaccurate information
C) informing us that coverage is not uniform and proportional to our sport because of our attitudes

follows in line with ANY of the tenants?

Which is why citizen journalism is taking so many of your jobs!

PS: I added my own "commentary" about this letter on my site too. Please read and comment!
I WUV YOUUU!

That commentary rocks, Erica.

If Danica were a man her comments would go 100% unnoticed.

I agree with this 100%. There are some hacks that don't belong in IRL, they just bring large paychecks ( hmmm ... sounds somewhat like another sport I know and love ). Whenever those hacks get pointed out by Wheldon or Castroneves ... it doesn't even get a second look. At least Danica was somewhat politically correct and said that "he was still learning". Not many other competitors in the IRL would have been that nice ....

I'll never forget when she first joined the IRL, man she was acting like a total Rock star! I can honestly say that Ashley and Melanie never came off like that!:rolleyes:

have you ever been to an IRL race and seen the line at her autograph table? she IS a rock star.

No, but my Mom gave me plenty of practice arguing during my teen years! LOL

Thanks for the comments!

And Joe, I DO blog weekly! That was just one of many posts on my blog! You can even subscribe to get updates on mine!

Erica I 'm gonna give you a great big hug if I see you at Vegas !
That was so intelligently written by golly there is hope for the human race!

I don't know for sure if I'd go there.

Jon is as lib as you get, as far as I have seen his politics displayed here.

and Ron D would sure back me up there.

I don't care what Asher writes and I don't care what "charles" writes.

he's got his panties in a wad for sure.

But a couple of the things he wrote I'd agree with.

And THAT should not bother anyone else here either, it's just my opinion.

All I do is look at the behavior displayed towards Ashleys win.

I mean, cripes.

Some people here will stick a pin in anything good done in the sport just out of their own cynical outlook on life.

I don't think anyone owes Danica a apology, shes a adult and probably could care less.

And I do not think she should be thrown under the bus due to some letter by "Charles".

She may not even know the guy.

And she just might be a decent woman.

but hell, that never stopped mass hysteria 'round here:cool:

JM .02

I'm on the first page of the thread and don't have time to go through the other six at the moment. I remember a Jon Asher article in which he said something about people being so "conservative" that they didn't like outspoken people. I asked him about that one several times right here and never got a direct answer. Like I told him, I never realized that was a "conservative" trait. Low taxes and smaller government, maybe. Against "outspoken" people? HA! I thought we WERE outspoken people against a mostly liberal media!

Yeah, the guy discredits himself with the FIRST SENTENCE of his letter being a generalizing personal attack of anyone of a certain political leaning and, then you're supposed to put any value in anything said afterward?

While it appears to me that there are MORE "liberals" who will go the personal attack route (Why do I think this? LOL), I wouldn't generalize ALL of them just to make an example for a totally unrelated thing!

I think liberals in the 70s saw themselves as being outspoken against the "establishment." What did they say? Don't trust anyone over 30? Now they ARE the establishment and they're over 30!

I apologize for not responding to Mr. Everett's letter earlier, but have been out of town for more than two weeks and without Internet access.

I absolutely did not lie in the post about Danica's win. The terminology used came directly from the IRL. I know this to be true because I'm o the IRL Media list and receive al of their releases. Their initial release stated it exactly as i quoted it.

Further, and probably now well known, is that since then the IRL has privately apologized directly to Ms. Muldowney for their inaccuracy in reporting Ms. Patrick's victory.

The personal attack on Ms. Muldowney by Mr. Everett was way out of line and also completely inaccurate. Ms. Muldowney may have evidenced anger at times during her career, but her interactions with her fans were, and continue to be, completely professional and excellent.

Mr. Everett's suggestion that people not contact their newspapers about inaccuracies is ludicrous. If we don't question things we know to be true we're accepting lies as truth.

Respectfully,

Jon Asher

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back