Letter to Nitromater (1 Viewer)

DixonFan

Staff member
Administrator
This is a letter that was emailed to us here at Nitromater.com.

NitroMater on Danica: Childish and unprofessional

The people who post to Nitromater are a bunch of reactionaries, not unlike a right-wing pressure group.

I've been in the newspaper industry for over 30 years. I've dealt with a lot of selfish people but I've never seen a more self-centered bunch than the clique that follows the NHRA.

People who follow the NHRA expect the media to bow and scrape before your sport. They don't and for good reason.

Every time there's something you don't like, you whine and cry like a bunch of babies. It's not unlike the censorship advocates at the American Family Association or the Parents Television Council.

Jon Asher lied when he said the press was following an IRL press release. Sounds to me like he's never worked in TV or newspapers. The New York Times was relying on the Associated Press wire. So were CNN, Fox Sports and most other news outlets. ESPN had instant access because ESPN Classic televised the race live. Mr. Asher told your board to flood the local press and TV with complaints. That's not gonna help your cause -- in fact it might prompt the local press and TV to tell you to CEASE AND DESIST or you'll get sued for harassment. It's bad enough that newspapers all over are laying off people. Targeting the press with a flood of complaints won't help.

I also love how the NHRA clique worships Shirley Muldowney. She won a lot of races but she treated so many people like dirt, they want nothing to do with her. How you treat people goes a long way in how your sport gets covered.

Danica Patrick and the Indy Racing League do not owe an apology to anyone. Nitromater and its members owe an apology to Ms. Patrick and the IRL.

As for the New York Times? It ran a very telling story on the front page on April 20: All those retired generals appearing on TV news are nothing more than Pentagon pimps.

Signed:
Charles Everett

This thread ought to break all records for number of posts, lol...

The letter "might" have some value of it were signed.

This is a letter that was emailed to us here at Nitromater.com.

NitroMater on Danica: Childish and unprofessional

The people who post to Nitromater are a bunch of reactionaries, not unlike a right-wing pressure group.

I've been in the newspaper industry for over 30 years. I've dealt with a lot of selfish people but I've never seen a more self-centered bunch than the clique that follows the NHRA.

People who follow the NHRA expect the media to bow and scrape before your sport. They don't and for good reason.

Every time there's something you don't like, you whine and cry like a bunch of babies. It's not unlike the censorship advocates at the American Family Association or the Parents Television Council.

Jon Asher lied when he said the press was following an IRL press release. Sounds to me like he's never worked in TV or newspapers. The New York Times was relying on the Associated Press wire. So were CNN, Fox Sports and most other news outlets. ESPN had instant access because ESPN Classic televised the race live. Mr. Asher told your board to flood the local press and TV with complaints. That's not gonna help your cause -- in fact it might prompt the local press and TV to tell you to CEASE AND DESIST or you'll get sued for harassment. It's bad enough that newspapers all over are laying off people. Targeting the press with a flood of complaints won't help.

I also love how the NHRA clique worships Shirley Muldowney. She won a lot of races but she treated so many people like dirt, they want nothing to do with her. How you treat people goes a long way in how your sport gets covered.

Danica Patrick and the Indy Racing League do not owe an apology to anyone. Nitromater and its members owe an apology to Ms. Patrick and the IRL.

As for the New York Times? It ran a very telling story on the front page on April 20: All those retired generals appearing on TV news are nothing more than Pentagon pimps.

Sorry Shannon, but if this person who whines and complains about what is said here doesn't have the stones to put a name to their complaining about us. Well I think it's time to call the Whambulance!!!:confused:

Oh FFS! This can't be real!

If I were Danica or her PR person or even a fan I'd be more worried about this horrid photo that was allowed for public viewing. Why would any "Wahnica" fan come here to cry anyway?

DanicaPatrick-1.jpg

Good God that's just gross!

Oh FFS! This can't be real!

If I were Danica or her PR person or even a fan I'd be more worried about this horrid photo that was allowed for public viewing. Why would any "Wahnica" fan come here to cry anyway?

DanicaPatrick-1.jpg

Good God that's just gross!

Isn't that the chick in the Poison video from 1988? :p:D;)

Talk about a little LAZY person. So little he/she forgot his/her name. A typical left-wing nut-job journalist...comparing people with passion and dedication to "a right-wing pressure group." Throw a bomb and run why don't you?

Here's a lesson for you, little person. The drag racing community slams your severely biased and LAZY industry when you get the facts blatantly WRONG and, in turn, cause damage to our industry. We thank you for covering our sport...since drag racing is part of one of just three REAL sports-Auto Racing, Hockey, and Boxing-the rest are just games...since good coverage is hard to find. As for me, I have a good, working, amicable relationships with local sports and lifestyle media types so no worries here, lad/laddie.

If this letter is all you could muster in response to the drag racing community being correct (notice I didn't say right) then you are indeed a little, insignifigant person and I feel sorry for you.

PS...register, log-in, and send me a private message if you'd like my address or phone number. I'll be glad to oblige your wishes.

not unlike a typical liberal whiner that doesn't like facts. :rolleyes:

I don't know for sure if I'd go there.

Jon is as lib as you get, as far as I have seen his politics displayed here.

and Ron D would sure back me up there.

I don't care what Asher writes and I don't care what "charles" writes.

he's got his panties in a wad for sure.

But a couple of the things he wrote I'd agree with.

And THAT should not bother anyone else here either, it's just my opinion.

All I do is look at the behavior displayed towards Ashleys win.

I mean, cripes.

Some people here will stick a pin in anything good done in the sport just out of their own cynical outlook on life.

I don't think anyone owes Danica a apology, shes a adult and probably could care less.

And I do not think she should be thrown under the bus due to some letter by "Charles".

She may not even know the guy.

And she just might be a decent woman.

but hell, that never stopped mass hysteria 'round here:cool:

JM .02

Talk about a little LAZY person. So little he/she forgot his/her name. A typical left-wing nut-job journalist...comparing people with passion and dedication to "a right-wing pressure group." Throw a bomb and run why don't you?

Here's a lesson for you, little person. The drag racing community slams your severely biased and LAZY industry when you get the facts blatantly WRONG and, in turn, cause damage to our industry. We thank you for covering our sport...since drag racing is part of one of just three REAL sports-Auto Racing, Hockey, and Boxing-the rest are just games...since good coverage is hard to find. As for me, I have a good, working, amicable relationships with local sports and lifestyle media types so no worries here, lad/laddie.

If this letter is all you could muster in response to the drag racing community being correct (notice I didn't say right) then you are indeed a little, insignifigant person and I feel sorry for you.

PS...register, log-in, and send me a private message if you'd like my address or phone number. I'll be glad to oblige your wishes.

Huh......I thought Boxing and hockey were the same sports.:rolleyes:

REX

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Now that is funny stuff right there!!!

Thanks Shannon...I needed a good laugh tonight! More to come on this one!;)

Where's the Popcorn.........Oh better Can I get some Oreos and Milk!! I can't wait to see this one play out! LOL

I mean, cripes.

Some people here will stick a pin in anything good done in the sport just out of their own cynical outlook on life.

I don't think anyone owes Danica a apology, shes a adult and probably could care less.

And I do not think she should be thrown under the bus due to some letter by "Charles".

JM .02
I don't what you read but I quoted and replied to the idiot that wrote the letter, not Jon Asher.

I mean, cripes.

JM .02

How in the world did Jon Asher get brought into this?:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back