JUSTIN ASHLEY EAGER TO RETURN TO SITE OF HIS PRO DEBUT (1 Viewer)

JUSTIN ASHLEY EAGER TO RETURN TO SITE OF HIS PRO DEBUT
PLAINVIEW, NY (May 11, 2021) --- Justin Ashley will be returning to zMAX Dragway, “The Bellagio of Drag Strips,” exactly eighteen months to the day after his pro debut on October 14th, 2019. Ashley’s first pro race in Top Fuel was a definite harbinger of the success the now second year pro would bring to the category. On that day Ashley raced to the semifinals and he took a starting line advantage in all three elimination rounds, winning his quarterfinal race on a hole-shot. A broken blower belt in the semis most likely cost him a round win, but at the time the brand-new pro was just happy to be pursuing his dream.
“That first race in Charlotte was a blur,” said Ashley, who also earned his Top Alcohol Dragster license at zMAX Dragway. “We qualified No. 12 and our goal was to finish the weekend strong. We knew we had a team capable of having success, but we also knew the greatness of the competition we faced. We had a great day and fell short to Steve Torrence in the semi-finals. It all went by very quickly, but I do remember getting more comfortable in the car throughout the day and trying to stay focused on my driving routine.”
Seventeen races later Ashley and the Strutmasters.com Auto Shocker Top Fuel dragster will return to Charlotte and the 2020 Rookie of the Year will be following the same routine when he straps into his Top Fuel dragster for Friday’s first qualifying session. The young driver has proven that the first race reaction times were no fluke. Last season Ashley led the category in best average reaction time and has started this season leading the pack. His skills on the starting line have translated to win lights and a strong reputation already in the ultra-competitive Top Fuel class.
“I really focus on doing the best job that I can when I am on the starting line. It’s something I work on all the time,” said Ashley, a semifinal finisher at the season opening Gatornationals. “I have an amazing team led by crew chief Mike Green and we all work together. My job is to be consistent inside the race car and give 100 percent every time we go down the track. I don’t think about who is in the other lane, I am completely focused on my routine.”
Ashley’s focus extends beyond the race car to his impressive sponsorship roster that will expand by one this weekend with the announcement of an additional primary sponsor for the rest of the 2021 NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series season. The team will make the announcement on Friday during a press conference in the zMAX Dragway media center, followed by the official unveiling of the newly designed dragster on the starting line before the first qualifying session on Friday night.
“I am always looking to partner with companies to create win-win relationships for their businesses and our program,” said Ashley, who this year added The Daily Crave, RISE Brewing Company and Red Line Oil to his team. “NHRA Drag Racing offers a strong platform for companies to drive business through B2B opportunity, fan interaction, and nationwide exposure. I want all my sponsors to have a positive experience and use our race team as a catalyst to grow their businesses. Our new partner will be coming to the NHRA for the first time after spending time in NASCAR, Indy Car and F1 which is exciting. They have an incredible product and I cannot wait to officially begin sharing it with the NHRA community and associated businesses beginning Friday”.
Since the start of the 2021 season Ashley and the Strutmasters.com Auto Shocker team have been making solid runs and going rounds. This weekend will Ashley’s second four-wide national event following an early exit at the Las Vegas Four-Wide Nationals earlier this season. The experience gained in the desert will be used by the 2020 Summernationals Top Fuel winner to improve his chances for success.
“I loved my first four-wide race in Las Vegas,” explained Ashley. “We didn’t have a long day, but I learned something every time down the track and I feel a lot more confident heading to Charlotte. I had some tough competitors in the first round, but the great thing about the four-wide is if you can get to the finish line first or second you get to come back. That will be our goal in Charlotte. We want to make solid qualifying runs on Friday and Saturday so hopefully on Sunday we can see three win lights.”
The Carolina Four-Wide Nationals will begin Friday, May 14 with a lone Friday night qualifying run followed by two sessions on Saturday May 15. The final eliminations will begin on Sunday, May 16 at noon. The race will be broadcast on FS1 Sunday night.
About Justin Ashley Racing
Justin Ashley Racing in partnership with Davis Motorsports fields the Strutmasters.com Top Fuel dragster in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series. During his Top Fuel rookie season in 2020 Justin won the NHRA Summernationals, finished in the Top Ten and was recognized as the 2020 NHRA Rookie of the Year. Prior to his professional debut Ashley has three wins in Top Alcohol Dragster on the Lucas Oil Series. He is the son of multi-time NHRA national event winner Mike Ashley. In 2017, he was named to the Drag Illustrated magazine’s 30 under 30 list, highlighting some of racing’s most promising young individuals on and off the racetrack. When he’s not racing, Ashley serves as President of Ashley Developers, a real estate investment organization dedicated to the rehabilitation of distressed properties. To learn more about Justin Ashley Racing, visit JustinAshley.com.

Elon Werner
VP of Sports Publicity
Tony Fay Public Relations
M: 214.244.1184
E: [email protected]
Twitter: @TonyFayPR | @ElonWer
Justin Ashley_Lewis.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back