JUSTIN ASHLEY EAGER TO GET BACK TO HISTORIC GATORNATIONALS (1 Viewer)

JUSTIN ASHLEY EAGER TO GET BACK TO HISTORIC GATORNATIONALS
PLAINVIEW, NY (March 10, 2021) --- After a busy and longer than usual offseason 2020 NHRA Rookie of the Year Justin Ashley is ready to get back on the track behind the wheel of his Strutmasters.com/Auto Shocker Top Fuel Dragster. Since the final race of last season Ashley has been working at a relentless pace adding multiple new marketing partners and extending the relationships with existing sponsors. The 26-year old second generation driver knows that every day of hard work brings him closer to his ultimate goal of winning an NHRA Top Fuel world championship. This weekend at the 52nd annual NHRA Gatornationals Ashley will literally have the rubber meet the road as he races at the historic track outside Gainesville, Florida, for the second time in his young career.
“I can’t wait to get back to the Gatornationals,” said Ashley, during a pre-season test session in West Palm, Florida. “This is one of the biggest races of the year and since it is the first race of the season we want to get off on the right foot. I am looking forward to working with new crew chief Mike Green this season and I think our Strutmasters.com/Auto Shocker team will be very prepared.”
The addition of veteran tuner Mike Green was just one of many changes Ashley made to the Davis Motorsports owned Top Fuel team. Ashley extended sponsorship deals with Auto Shocker and KATO Fastening Systems as well as bringing on new partners RISE Brewing Company and The Daily Crave. The new sponsors were landed thanks for Ashley’s strong marketing relationship with Menards. They will bring new ideas and opportunities for promotion for Ashley as well as the NHRA.
“I put in a lot of time over the off-season talking with our existing partners and also building relationships with some new companies like RISE and The Daily Crave,” said Ashley. “I have to thank Menards for being open to adding these products to their stores. We are planning on some exciting promotions throughout the 2021 NHRA season. We are still looking for some additional primary sponsors but I know getting the season started with some win lights will go a long way.”
This weekend Ashley will also be highlighting returning sponsor GuardLab as co-primary sponsor. The new look Top Fuel dragster was announced on Tuesday. Ashley continues to bring added value for his marketing partners.
“It is great to have Guardlab as co-primary sponsor at the Gatornationals,” said Ashley. “It would be great to take a bite out of the Gatornationals for the first time with GuardLab mouth guards so prominently featured.”
Last year Ashley impressed his competitors and fans alike with his competitive attitude, strong reaction times and skill behind the wheel. The same weekend he picked up his first career Top Fuel win at the rain delayed Summernationals Ashley turned heads in a wild semifinal pedal-fest with Top Fuel world champion Shawn Langdon. Langdon would go on to eventually win the race but at the end of the day most fans and FOX national broadcast viewers were talking about the back and forth tire smoking battle with Ashley.
“Getting the first win was huge of course but that next day’s pedalfest with Shawn Langdon is something a lot of people still remember,” adds Ashley, a three-time Top Alcohol Dragster event winner. “Shawn and I both have driven all sorts of race cars but I haven’t ever been in a pedal-fest like that. We both were giving it our all and he got to the stripe just a little quicker. That was a great learning experience for me as was all of last season. Every race was a first time event for me so I am looking forward to getting a second shot at the Gatornationals.”

Gatornationals TF Justin Ashley.jpg

About Justin Ashley Racing
Justin Ashley Racing in partnership with Davis Motorsports fields the Strutmasters.com Top Fuel dragster in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series. During his Top Fuel rookie season in 2020 Justin won the NHRA Summernationals, finished in the Top Ten and was recognized as the 2020 NHRA Rookie of the Year. Prior to his professional debut Ashley has three wins in Top Alcohol Dragster on the Lucas Oil Series. He is the son of multi-time NHRA national event winner Mike Ashley. In 2017, he was named to the Drag Illustrated magazine’s 30 under 30 list, highlighting some of racing’s most promising young individuals on and off the racetrack. When he’s not racing, Ashley serves as President of Ashley Developers, a real estate investment organization dedicated to the rehabilitation of distressed properties. To learn more about Justin Ashley Racing, visit JustinAshley.com.

Elon Werner
VP of Sports Publicity
Tony Fay Public Relations
M: 214.244.1184
E: [email protected]
Twitter: @TonyFayPR | @ElonWer

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back