Ashley is the real loser (1 Viewer)

racerb

Nitro Member
The real loser in this deal is Ashley Force. When Tony being the A**hole that he is came across and started mouthing off he stepped on her moment of Glory, winning the big one straight up then the crap hits the fan. I really feel sorry for her she is a class act and handled it great. I would have took a swing at Pedregon and her dad. It was her win and her turn to shine. The TV reporters are as much to blame as A**hole Tony and John.
I better just say congrats to Ashley and keep my mouth shut. I am sure she will have many more wins in the future.
Flame away guys thats just my take on the whole mess

Last edited:
Conversely, this really made Matt Guidera's story old news fast.

I was thinking the same thing. I can't believe in that interview reason for not making the 24 hour deadline he said " We are real busy here in Indy and being all high! pause pause pause ON Racing cough cough" OMG dude tanked it!!!

Since I didnt see the show only the utube piece, I forgot all about that. That must of been hard to take for her. Congrats Ashley!!!
I felt sorry not seeing shows and how its progressed, for Hight to fake his way doing the promo thing on camera, it looked painful to him.

New to this board..Hi everyone..Ashley is a class act..At "E" Town she was very cool and signed alot of stuff for my daughter..Now the thing is what was bigger,Ashleys win or all the bs that happened..??

The real loser in this deal is Ashley Force. When Tony being the A**hole that he is came across and started mouthing off he stepped on her moment of Glory, winning the big one straight up then the crap hits the fan. I really feel sorry for her she is a class act and handled it great. I would have took a swing at Pedregon and her dad. It was her win and her turn to shine. The TV reporters are as much to blame as A**hole Tony and John.
I better just say congrats to Ashley and keep my mouth shut. I am sure she will have many more wins in the future.
Flame away guys thats just my take on the whole mess
Well let's just make another thread..this time make it a size 4 bold font to make your point. Have you seen any of the previous threads on this? Ashley's win came after the bullsh!t..and I thought she got her glory..IMO. At this point it is a no win situation. It happened..it's over. They were both as$holes..period.

I would like to move on. But like Bobby Miller said in another thread..the footage will probably be used for promo purposes..LOL

Thanx DW...As always the best thing is to just move on..A huge win for her..
As a matter of fact the hat she signed for my daughter is going into a vacumed sealed container..It will be worth alot someday if not right now...Great win AFH.....!!!

Well let's just make another thread..this time make it a size 4 bold font to make your point. Have you seen any of the previous threads on this? Ashley's win came after the bullsh!t..and I thought she got her glory..IMO. At this point it is a no win situation. It happened..it's over. They were both as$holes..period.

I would like to move on. But like Bobby Miller said in another thread..the footage will probably be used for promo purposes..LOL

DW If I had seen the other post before I started this one I would have posted on it. I know why a lot of people don't post much on this site it's people like you. I wanted to have my say and I did with all the "B S" crap going on here I like a lot of others don't set around all day on this site I guess thats why I have 18 post and you have over 2400 and if you look we joined the same month. Have a nice day

Bobby is right. I'm guessing we will see it......5 times during the next race. And also used in the intro for nhra today show.

Yes Ashley was wronged. Being "THE FIRST" only happens once. And the media choose to ignore her. :(:mad:

DW If I had seen the other post before I started this one I would have posted on it. I know why a lot of people don't post much on this site it's people like you. I wanted to have my say and I did with all the "B S" crap going on here I like a lot of others don't set around all day on this site I guess thats why I have 18 post and you have over 2400 and if you look we joined the same month. Have a nice day

That's funny as hell!!!!!!!!:D I know exactly what you mean Butch. That is why i'm keepin' my opinions to myself.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but, I am elated that Ashley got this monumental win, and I'm not happy that it got swept under the carpet by the idiotic crap going on between her Dad and, Tony, P., but you know what?

Ashley Force has been the beneficiary of MORE MEDIA ATTENTION that any TEN Funny Car drivers in the last couple of years, and this unfortunate set of circumstances that transpired on Monday, should be viewed in that light, I think.

I'm a big Ashley Force fan, but come on.... she has been the "darling" of NHRA TV ever since she started driving, and I think this Labor Day debacle is not quite the tragedy it would be if, say, Mike Neff had won and had gotten virtually ignored. His TV coverage hasn't been a speck on the wall, compared with hers... and, won't be.

I think we have to look at it from that perspective, to be realistic.

Just my 2-cents...

Bill

Last edited:
Ha, I picked Ashley to win LOL... anyone see where she said she wanted to climb back in the car when she saw what was going on?

There were plenty of losers while the ESPN Staff played up the Tony/John fiasco.

Greg Stanfield went to the Finals in Pro Stock, barely lost by less than 2 thou, and not a single topend interview in an extended show.
Anybody catch how down Jason Line was during his only topend interview?? There is a story there, but no follow up at all.
Anybody see Mater fave Alan Reinhart shuffling out of the way when the argument started? A head taller than anyone involved and running away like a little girl??

I hope the TV wasn't on in Coil's hospital room. Get well soon, big guy.

Welcome back Dickie Venables...he had to be happy with the oportunity to lay low and stay out of the limelight!!

Bernstien brings in a new sponsor...Welcome to Drag Racing! 30 years with Budwieser, lucky if they make it 30 weeks with the new one.

Yeah, plenty of losers, mostly the hardcore NHRA Fans who tuned into watch racing, not a soap opera.

People like me, Butch? What did I do other than point out you found it necessary to use a bold type 4 font to make your point? It just kind of comes across as yelling. You're more than welcome to have your say..and my intention was not to offend you.

I check frequently throughout the day (your tax dollars at work..hehe) and try and help moderate this place. For whatever reason..I also apologize for my post count. :eek:

I disagree that she wasn't worthy of coverage on such a monumental moment just because she's "had her fair share".

Yes, the media overplayed her intro to nitro... I'm sure she got quite sick of answering the same questions about how does it feel, what advice did dad give her, etc. It was an overkill, but you can thank the media for that, not her personally.

But to not give the coverage for her first nitro US Nationals win, being one of the elite few women to do so, and the first in funny car? That was the story I really wanted to hear as a fan.... as a woman, and as a sidelined racer who can only look to her as inspiration and hope in such a sad economy. Yes, I get that there was action and drama, which makes great TV, but let her (and the rest of us at home) have her moment.

I'm just plain happy for Ashley. She's a poised and very gracious, composed person. She won Indy, and was a good winner! I am happy for her accomplishment.

-90% jimmy

Also drove great all day. Left first 3 of 4, all the lights within about .02, the one she didn't leave first she has .061. Definitely earned the win!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back