Is Force Forcing Ashley? (1 Viewer)

Gonna hang on Monday after Richmond... understand Ashley's gonna take a squirt or two... Hope so!!!! 3 weeks and counting:D

Just had a thought..... What if Ashley wants to run A/F for next year and get really comfortable with the funny before turning pro, what a perfect opportunity for a fourth funny car team for Force to get established and running so when Ashley is ready the team will be too.

As for a driver??? I know this is insane but I would pick Whit. :eek:

jim:D

It would'nt be the worst thing in the world if Ashley did'nt drive a funny car in NHRA next year. Maybe a handful of low pressure IHRA races next year for experience. I really want to see Ashley succeed in a funny car. The best drivers out there (active or not) learned how to drive on the match race circuit. But without match races anymore, maybe IHRA is the next best option.

I know this may sound stupid, but it does pertain to the show. I can't stand the way they make the fuel cars sound like super stockers. Is there some reason they can't use the actual audio of a nitro car? I'm stupid that way, but it just makes my skin crawl when they show a flipping funny car staging and you can here them clearing the motor. It just aint right. :confused:

there's no excuse for that. the rest is entertainment. don't take it seriously.

I think I'd want to get my feet wet too, but I think they'd want to capitalize on all the Driving Force hype going into 07 with Ashley in the F/C.

Just had a thought..... What if Ashley wants to run A/F for next year and get really comfortable with the funny before turning pro, what a perfect opportunity for a fourth funny car team for Force to get established and running so when Ashley is ready the team will be too.

As for a driver??? I know this is insane but I would pick Whit. :eek:

jim:D

Jim,

That's assuming Ashley decides her intentions real soon, and it's not likely that Whit would want to race on a 1-yr deal for JFR knowing his ride was up when Ashley wanted to go pro in 2008. And once again, Whit would probably be asked to give up his seat near the end of next year just like this year since JFR couldn't run 5 Funny Cars and Ashley would need to kick Whit out to practice in competition before the next year starts. Don't see Whit accepting a deal like that, not after the DSR deal this year.

I'm hoping Whit goes with Matco over to Top Fuel with David Powers. I'd miss him in Funny Car, but hey, at least he'd be out there and he could always get back into Funny Car again later on.

That's so funny that you should make this thread................just last night I was reading the latest National Dragster and Force wrote a column in it. In it he stated just the opposite. He wrote that he hopes that he is not holding Ashley back from going Pro too quick, but he realizes how much of an animal a Nitro Funny Car can be.

The "Driving Force" show is purely entertainment, edited to be just that, take it with a grain of salt!

Is Force rushing Ashley? NO. If he was, she'd be in the car already.

Monday's show bothered me in one respect, it was all about Capps and Force (which is fine), but the show is billed as being about the 3 daughters trying to race. They didn't show one pass from Ashley in the A/Fueler at Topeka, nor from either of the other daughters competing in Super Comp.

I don't really think John is pushing Ashley to get into the FC. From what I've seen of her on the show, and on the track, I'd say she's pretty committed to racing. She expresses it differently but I don't doubt her desire. B&C otoh I can't see being in the sport for much longer - they don't strike me as wanting to move up to the top. Nothing wrong with that, not everyone can reach for the brass ring.

What I have seen on the show that may be interpreted as John pushing her into a FC was him pushing her to complete the licensing requirements. Nothing different than any parent getting their kid to finish something they've started.

I think it's funny some people think Force is rushing Ashley, yet not a peep was heard when he put Medlen and Hight in the car. Both of those guys had far less experience in racing than Ashley will have whenever she makes the move.

I think it's funny some people think Force is rushing Ashley, yet not a peep was heard when he put Medlen and Hight in the car. Both of those guys had far less experience in racing than Ashley will have whenever she makes the move.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I was away from NHRA when Force put Hight and Medlen in (blame the crappy Canadian TV deal) but I remember hearing that they weren't exactly seasoned veterans. What was/is Hight and Medlen's racing background?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I was away from NHRA when Force put Hight and Medlen in (blame the crappy Canadian TV deal) but I remember hearing that they weren't exactly seasoned veterans. What was/is Hight and Medlen's racing background?

Hight was a long time crew member and is John Force's son-in-law. I am not aware of any racing he did before testing the Funny Car in '04 to race in '05. His only prior sporting experience was as a championship trap shooter (that I am aware of).

Medlen is John Medlen's son, long time Force co-crew chief. I am also not aware of any racing he did other than testing in '03 to race in '04. his only prior sporting experience was as a rodeo cowboy, riding bareback broncos I believe.

As you can see, Ashley will be a long ways ahead of these guys on the learning curve when she steps up to Funny Car.

Chris,
Eric had his alky dragster ticket (A/Fuel actually) prior to getting in the flopper. He leased Ben Marshall's car to do the required runs.

Roo Man

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back