Hammer Drops for Harleys (1 Viewer)

You guys are hilarious...

so you're not pulling the chutes early lol:D

Since you and Matt have both been on these threads. What do you guys think would be the best way to even these differences out?

The class reminds me of the early pro stock car days(or at least what I read in the history books).

Obviously the rules helped the Harley get competitive early on. But now with weight and other rule changes coming all too often, what would you like to see happen to make it an even field for all?

There is really no comparison between the H-D's/Riceburner parity and Glidden dominating Pro Stock with a Ford (post 500ci implementation) as all engines were pushrod V8s w/carbs

In this instance we have two completely different engine configurations and capacities.

Well said. Don't drag Glidden into this. Anyone else who wanted to run a Ford at that time could have. They just knew they would not be able to make the same power he made because he was the man.

Well said. Don't drag Glidden into this. Anyone else who wanted to run a Ford at that time could have. They just knew they would not be able to make the same power he made because he was the man.

Yup... Frank Iaconio tried.

To me, this weight increase just means us big guys are one step closer to being able to ride in pro stock bike!! ;):D

What would solve the problem is to sell the Harley's, just like Suzuki and Buell does then other teams would push the other bikes for that make... You can buy a complete suzuki for around 60k all new, best of that make... You can buy a buell for around 110k all new, best of that make... So sell the Harley's for around what the buell sell's for and I will take one a push V&H to show there hands... Heck I will even take the old motors.... Matt Smith

Not that its any of my business and I sure dont have a vesting interest in the motorcycle class, but I think adding weight to the harleys was a poor choice in my opinion. I just think that even though it slows the bikes/cars down it presents a dangerous situation because it now takes longer to slow down something moving at that speed and acceleration. And what happens when Mr Hines and Mr Krawiec make advances in their program and go faster? Now you have just that much more speed trying to slow down.

Strictly on an isolated stance, I think this was a poor decision and should be looked at more carefully in the future.

What would solve the problem is to sell the Harley's, just like Suzuki and Buell does then other teams would push the other bikes for that make... You can buy a complete suzuki for around 60k all new, best of that make... You can buy a buell for around 110k all new, best of that make... So sell the Harley's for around what the buell sell's for and I will take one a push V&H to show there hands... Heck I will even take the old motors.... Matt Smith

Hmmmmm..................

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back