Harley-Davidson releases GT Tonglet (1 Viewer)

Like I said over at Comp Plus, let's hope this is a money issue.(As in cutting back to one team) GT and Rich King (the flat track racer) are both great riders and I know Rich King is a nice guy and a huge crowd favorite. I think Jay might be right when he thinks a woman might be taking GT's seat.

Like I said over at Comp Plus, let's hope this is a money issue.(As in cutting back to one team) GT and Rich King (the flat track racer) are both great riders and I know Rich King is a nice guy and a huge crowd favorite. I think Jay might be right when he thinks a woman might be taking GT's seat.

It's not money, have you seen H-D's quarterly reports of late. They (H-D) are not GM or Ford. This reeks of more politics than Iraq.

Oops, I said I'm not touching this.

Now this I wouldn't touch with A 10 ft. pole, but it's times like this that REALLY make me miss Old Photographer (Greg), Lynch and McGill.

I'm sure you can catch them on Deepstage.net. If they're not already discussing this subject, they'll probably be happy to jump in if you start a thread on it. :)

I have a hard time watching Pro Stock Bike these days.
If it's not the Army team's combo of the whiny voice and the teary DRAMA queen all over each other at the end of the track, then it's the obvious favoritism from the HD team.

DSR, do yourself and the US Army a favor, dump those two. They just don't seem like the type that would inspire anybody to join the US Army, and certainly don't inspire me to anything more than skip their rounds and get a cool one.

GT is sitting out there. Quiet, classy and a great model of what a US soldier would want to see representing them in a way the US Army rider's should.

JMHO.

Does anybody even think that just maybe Harley Davidson is downsizing they're $$$ Commitment to the V & H team? Terrence why don't you send your angry comments to H D? They're signing the checks.

Does anybody even think that just maybe Harley Davidson is downsizing they're $$$ Commitment to the V & H team? Terrence why don't you send your angry comments to H D? They're signing the checks.

Don't think for a second if I had the email addy for H-D or Vance and Hines I wouldn't do it. I know we probably will never hear the real reason for his release so we are left assume. I was at the first race when the brought out the V-rod and it was sad day for GT. He went from qualifying to being and bystander. He got the shaft plain and simple and everyone knows it.

One thing sponsors know is that if they do not get involved in NHRA sponsorship in the first place, they are in safe territory.

Should they get involved, then down the line, have a change in their plans, people ( fans ) will get on the internet message boards and let everyone know what a@@h@@ls they are.

Bottom line. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH NHRA DRAG RACING.

Jay

Don't think for a second if I had the email addy for H-D or Vance and Hines I wouldn't do it. I know we probably will never hear the real reason for his release so we are left assume. I was at the first race when the brought out the V-rod and it was sad day for GT. He went from qualifying to being and bystander. He got the shaft plain and simple and everyone knows it.
Terrance, you might want to do a little proofreading before you post. Here, all in one paragraph, you say "we're left to assume" then go on to say "He got the shaft plain and simple and everyone knows it". You can't have it both ways, either you know or you don't.

Who knows? Maybe he wants to start a family. Maybe he's got another deal in the works. Maybe he didn't spend enough time working on his setup. Maybe he's just physically too big for the class. We just don't know.

I would venture to say that none of us know for sure and any further speculation is pretty foolish on any of our parts. I'm sure the real reason will reveal itself in due time.

Jay & Tom,
You guys are making entirely too much sense and there's no room for that on this thread. We're here to speculate, assume and guess. You're screwing that up!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back