NHRA PSM Rule Change (1 Viewer)

Hang in there Amanda & Matt. You have it going on buddy..you keep doing what you're doing..and you'll still kick their collective asses! What then?

It's unfair what NHRA did..and everyone on the planet knows it.

Turn your head..then just turn it around again..looking back when they're trying to catch your ass!

And thanks Don for resounding..I certainly don't think the Army team was whining.

Go get 'em Matt !!! All this shows is NHRA's attempt (again) of stifling innovation. A team comes up with any advantage and they feel change needs to be made to keep it equal. But this change came way to quick..which only creates controversy.

Damn..

So with Don S. reply that they did not take part in the complaining, then the question REALLY is who DID the complaining to get this rule changed ???? :confused:

Don't be so naive enough to believe that NHRA came up with that on there own. Somebody was pushing for it. Once you find out WHO, then you will have the answer as to WHY...................:rolleyes:

jim

I see Andrew Hines is logged on right now, it would be interesting to hear his view since he was the victim of such a weight increase a few years ago when he had the field covered at E-Town.

Do we honestly think that anyone will come on here and say that they were in favor of or complained, or even demanded a rule change??????

I'd love that kind of honesty and to hear their reasons behind it, but I can't imagine anyone doing that.

This is the type of thing that made me decide to get away from NASCAR and start watching NHRA. Has the France family started controlling the NHRA with the rules changes, points format, and inconsistency?

This is just STUPID!!!!

I feel sorry for ya Matt. Sheeesh... A few good races and you get penalized. I appreciate you and Evan being honest with your feelings in a public forum. Of course I appreciate Don taking the time to respond too. I think that helps us fans get a little perspective rather than just speculating.

I hope NHRA sees how knee-jerk this is and re-thinks it.

Don it was great talking to u at the Truck race friday night... I was just told by Don Taylor that the 2 biggest teams out there were whinning... Sorry if I thought it was u and ur team....

Well I think NHRA jumped really to soon here... I think its BS.... This is the 1st time a buell has ever had the record.. The 1st time a buell has ever lead in points... This is the 1st buell win since Indy Last year.... Angelle went 6.94 and I went 6.90 in st.. Thats 4 hunds.... Last year when reading I was the fastest buell there with a 6.97 and angelle went 6.93 and set the record... Thats 4 hunds.... I don't understand NHRA's deal.... I'm not out running people in the back half I'm doing down low.... And thats what I have tested so much for this year.... Larry Morgan is so right about this crap... U CAN"T FIX STUPID..... Didn't the girls win the 1st 3 races why not throw 10 lbs on them... All thats right they want them to win.... Sorry everyone I'm just pissed about this crap.....

Matt, out of curiosity, what does 10lb equate to ET wise?

Keep up the good work mate, I enjoy seeing yo do well.

I will not say who i beleave is crying but there are a few I KNOW but i can tell ya that alot of crying behind closed doors are done in this sport like a bunch of damn babys. You can say in public whatever you want to but behind the doors is another DEAL!!!!!!! This is bull sh*t period:mad::mad::mad:. Thanks Evan.

I will not say who i beleave is crying but there are a few I KNOW but i can tell ya that alot of crying behind closed doors are done in this sport like a bunch of damn babys. You can say in public whatever you want to but behind the doors is another DEAL!!!!!!! This is bull sh*t period:mad::mad::mad:. Thanks Evan.

I can read quite well between the lines on this one! Thanks Evan, you're not only a great resource and support for our sport but you're honest and that's refreshing to say the least.

Now this statement I truly believe!
With all do respect to Don in Corporate America you have to put on the PC suite and we will never really know who complained but there is a lot of truth to what Mr. Knoll just said!
I believe Don's statement, was what he knows, but if somebody under his umbrella said something do you think they would tell him if he asked?
Probably not, which wouldn't be Don's fault, but it still wouldn’t change the fact that they said something.
If NHRA has any creditability left they will rescind the rule change and make it right but I won’t hold my breath!

For those who asked why the Screaming Eagle bikes were not included in the rule change they have a totally different engine than the Buells. The V & H bikes have overhead camshafts ( as per the street V-rod) while the Buells are based on the old pushrod engine architecture.

Roo

Here are some stats I came up with that are posted on DRO...let me know what you think...

jim

Clearly, the NHRA had their head up their asses when making the decision. These stats indicate there is not much of an advantage as one would think after you read NHRA's statement.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back