Crew Chief Change?? (1 Viewer)

The real truth of the matter is that 95% of you keyboard crew chiefs, with the exception of Susie, Evan and a couple of others, don't have a clue what you're talking about. There is, and has been, WAY more to all this than any of you know. And am I going to share any of that information??? NO...I have too much respect for my son and what he tells his Mom. Suffice to say, this was all done for good reasons and should help both teams. Now I think we can close this subject and see how it all plays out starting next weekend.

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate here for a minute. Without 100% of us "keyboard crewchiefs" the sport would not exist. Secondly, this is a "Discussion Forum" of, for and by Drag Racing fans. I haven't seen anyone on here claim to be an expert, some people have just speculated about where Tobler would end up and what impact this would have on Morgan and Mel's team. Mr. Knoll himself even posted in this thread, and everyone has been respectful of him and his contribution to this sport (VERY rightly so). I am sure whatever was done with Tobler was done for good reasons, no one fires crew chiefs willy-nilly, and I doubt we will ever know the true reasons it was done, hence the thread in a fan-based discussion forum. I am sure you are very proud of your son (as you should be) and I am sure you know more than any of us will ever know (good for you), but that is no reason to come in here and call out "95%" of us, especially when no one is being slandered, libeled, insulted or otherwise harmed.

If you have something to add to the thread other than "I know more than you, and I am never going to tell", we are all ears, otherwise, no harm no foul.

And I still say what can brown do for Tobler? I would like to see Vandergriff make the Countdown .....

And I thought we were "so over" calling people out witht the worn out buzz word "Keyboard Crewchief"...................

Evan and Ma Green(pat) always has our back! Some of these posts have been pretty funny though. Appearently Im suppose to fire myself now?? lol

Keep up the good work guys!:rolleyes:

Evan and Ma Green(pat) always has our back! Some of these posts have been pretty funny though. Appearently Im suppose to fire myself now?? lol

Welcome to the Mater Morgan. Take care and good luck.

P.S.> Will you have to look in the mirror to fire yourself or do you send a e-mail.:)
Also thanks for sponsoring Sportsman racers, if you need another one, send me a P.M. (just joking, sort of)

Emails are to easy. Ill just have Corey and Willliam do it. They seem like they got a handle on how things are and how they should be handled.

Oh and as far as sponsorship you have to contact headquarters.

Hang in there Morgan!
If you take everything you read to heart, you'll soon be heartless . . .

. . . yeah, kinda like the keyboard crewchiefs.

Welcome to the Mater and don't be a stranger. You'll actually get a kick out of setting the record straight every once in a while. It's definately worth the price of admission.

Good luck to both teams -- so you can get in the chase and shut up the detractors!

Good luck the rest of the year Morgan. I am sure you guys will get it figured out. Always nice to see someone with a sense of humor.

I dont know what is easy Morgan , apparently you do though . Easy come , easy go . I will gladly eat my words and apologize to you later when you show us what you know . Lets face it , the results are not and have not been there .

I can not expect you to fire yourself , it will be some more re-fires or re-hires first to go . Do not take this personally man . I am actually pretty stoked that you have the role as owner , manager , and driver . Thats what we all dream about , especially at your age . I am kinda glad that my words struck a cord in your response . I can honestly say that your probabely busier than you need to be , but your driving is great . As you were mentored in your driving ; I will say that maybe you need some mentoring in your ability to realize what you really have , and work with it ( thats what managers do ) , even though this decision was agreed by all in your group . You are truly surrounded by great people and I know that you and your family have always had to make tough calls as business owners . So has Evan . So , I guess seen as how I dont have what you have or Evan has ; you are right :rolleyes:

Good Luck . Maybe when Force gets rid of Austin or Schumacher cans A.J. you can hire them . Thats was my point , they are hanging tough with some people that are proven , just like what you had . They are not going to lose their sponsors either because they know what they have and what those crew chiefs are capable of . I cant imagine you losing your ride due to lack of results either , unless you do in fact fire yourself and your families sponsorship . That will never happen either . It must be nice to have that going for you . So I guess the only things you are reeling about is two nitromater members comments . Wow . It must be nice .

I would like to also say that only you and your team really know what is right for your success . We are all hoping for it and waiting . Get some pointers from Amato or Kenny , you cant possibly already know it all . Oh wait that already shows .

All my answers to your success are just my opinion . You hold the answers to your success . That is not an opinion , just so far a short coming . Go get em ................

I dont know what is easy Morgan , apparently you do though . Easy come , easy go . I will gladly eat my words and apologize to you later when you show us what you know . Lets face it , the results are not and have not been there .

I can not expect you to fire yourself , it will be some more re-fires or re-hires first to go . Do not take this personally man . I am actually pretty stoked that you have the role as owner , manager , and driver . Thats what we all dream about , especially at your age . I am kinda glad that my words struck a cord in your response . I can honestly say that your probabely busier than you need to be , but your driving is great . As you were mentored in your driving ; I will say that maybe you need some mentoring in your ability to realize what you really have , and work with it ( thats what managers do ) , even though this decision was agreed by all in your group . You are truly surrounded by great people and I know that you and your family have always had to make tough calls as business owners . So has Evan . So , I guess seen as how I dont have what you have or Evan has ; you are right

Good Luck . Maybe when Force gets rid of Austin or Schumacher cans A.J. you can hire them . Thats was my point , they are hanging tough with some people that are proven , just like what you had . They are not going to lose their sponsors either because they know what they have and what those crew chiefs are capable of . I cant imagine you losing your ride due to lack of results either , unless you do in fact fire yourself and your families sponsorship . That will never happen either . It must be nice to have that going for you . So I guess the only things you are reeling about is two nitromater members comments . Wow . It must be nice .

I would like to also say that only you and your team really know what is right for your success . We are all hoping for it and waiting . Get some pointers from Amato or Kenny , you cant possibly already know it all . Oh wait that already shows .

All my answers to your success are just my opinion . You hold the answers to your success . That is not an opinion , just so far a short coming . Go get em ................
HOLY COW!! :confused: Morgan please tell me it's not like this at the ropes... :D
Sorry Corey, babble on... :eek: :p

Wow............anyone get an actual count on the number of personality changes in that post(#171):eek:

Wow............anyone get an actual count on the number of personality changes in that post(#171):eek:

I was definitely being sarcastic . I would also be a fool to just state some of my perceived thoughts without acknowledging some of the positive things happening over in Morgans camp . I want every racer to be successful , including Morgan . Again that family has thrown so much money at racing events and sponsorships , and as I said before that is a great thing . It seems that more of the "outsiders" have alot of the same thoughts , as opposed to the insiders that have all the deep dark secrets and answers . All us outsiders watching all the personnel changes shaking our heads are the real losers I guess . I know this isnt something everyone can do (drag racing) , but when you have the Lucas where withall , what is holding them back .... It cant be the personnel all the time .

I mean come on , having Rahn (or the countless others) over there in that camp should be on the plus side for them or any team . So what ever the deal is it must have been too much to go on with I guess ( happens everytime over there ) . So be it . I have not lost a race yet (keyboard) . But we know who has . I just hate seeing people beating themselves .

All my "personallity changes" are and will be no where near what the personnel changes will be over there at the current pace .

Dont forget that Evan has Jimbo Ermolovich is his camp. He just tunned Scotty Cannons car to a nice 4.55 at Rt.66. Their first shot at a NHRA track,

Having been involved in the running of a funny car and dragster operation I find the response for cory lees amazing in the total lack of understanding what it takes to field a winning team to include the crew, tuner/crew chief and car. This is not an easy thing to do regardless of what many think. Just show up with $$$ and all the rest falls into place. Don't work like that, regardless of what the keyboard crew chiefs feel.

An excellent example is the man himself, John Force. Before he hooked up with Austin Coil he had a hell of a time just winning a round. It takes ALL the pieces to fit to include the car tuneup, equipment tuneup and the personnel tuneup.

Give Morgan some time as they are trying the best they know how. Also remember the competition is very hard out there and if your stuff is not exactly right on they will eat you alive.

One other thing to remember, At least he is out there doing it..... Are you?:rolleyes:

jim

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back