NHRA PSM Rule Change (2 Viewers)

Don't be sorry Matt... like I said, I'm not really a follower of the bikes... but this move by NHRA makes no sense at all... what is ten pounds gonna do to the bike down low???

Well said Matt! I was just reading my National Dragster covering St. Louis and Angelle's quote was "The best I ran this weekend was 6.94, but that's all we've got. I can't go a 6.90; none of the Suzuki's can.". I wonder if this statement has anything to do with the rules change. To your point, I do not recall any of the Suzuki riders crying in Reading when Angelle had the field covered. I guess it is all about politics in the NHRA, especially with their official sponsors such as the Army.

Well I think NHRA jumped really to soon here... I think its BS.... This is the 1st time a buell has ever had the record.. The 1st time a buell has ever lead in points... This is the 1st buell win since Indy Last year.... Angelle went 6.94 and I went 6.90 in st.. Thats 4 hunds.... Last year when reading I was the fastest buell there with a 6.97 and angelle went 6.93 and set the record... Thats 4 hunds.... I don't understand NHRA's deal.... I'm not out running people in the back half I'm doing down low.... And thats what I have tested so much for this year.... Larry Morgan is so right about this crap... U CAN"T FIX STUPID..... Didn't the girls win the 1st 3 races why not throw 10 lbs on them... All thats right they want them to win.... Sorry everyone I'm just pissed about this crap.....

I agree 100% this is bull sh*t the kid is on his own and my rider and wtf is nhra thinking? This is uncalled for just because he is on his own with his dad and dont have the OTHER factory support of SOME so they CRY? NHRA keeps playing these games and it will not be put up with:mad::mad::mad:!!!!!!!! Thanks Evan.

Interesting these changes never take place when teams had a .05 of a second advantage in Pro Stock car. It was a quick knee-jerk reaction to 'ONE" good weekend.

I only hope, but doubt they will, NHRA comes to their senses like they did with Steve Johnsons victory at Indy and reverse this absolutely bogus bullshit rule change!
Matt no need to apologize I watched you work your way up the performance latter only to have the latter kicked out from under you! :mad:
I hope you kick the competitions ass the rest of the season and I will be rooting for you it's obvious you were on your way of doing so!
I guess this is how NHRA rewards someone for hard work!

Interesting these changes never take place when teams had a .05 of a second advantage in Pro Stock car. It was a quick knee-jerk reaction to 'ONE" good weekend.

I can give one reason why this has not happened in Pro Stock car, Summit the official mail order auto parts store of the NHRA:mad:

I can give one reason why this has not happened in Pro Stock car, Summit the official mail order auto parts store of the NHRA:mad:

Good one, but seriously I haven't been following racing for as long as some of you hve, but has there ever been a time in PS that a certain engine combination (GM, Dodge or Ford) has ever been penalized for dominating? I can't recall it ever happening personally. This isn't the IROC series where everyone has the same combination and has to be ther better driver?

I think this is just another bad call and really makes teams think twice about stepping up and trying to dominate. What's the benefit? You step up and get pushed back down plus everyone else has to take the penalty - great way to make friends, isn't it?

I have never seen them react this quickly over one race weekend. Especially when the girls won the first 3 races of the year, Angelle had the record, and he was only .04 ahead of her. I think they were worried b/c Matt set the record in not the best conditions but still Angelle was only .04 behind him and honestly those are the 2 best bikes in the class. Stoffers is there too and Ellis sometimes but the rest of the field arent that fast. Even the other buells. It just doesnt make since. Matt I hope you kick there ass the rest of the year. Question b/c of bikes I dont really know but how much will 10lbs slow down the bike?

If I was on the Harley team I'd be pretty embarassed by this rule change, with all the factory support and headstart they had they now they need a rule change to keep up with a lower funded operation? Its not right.

Paul T.

If I was on the Harley team I'd be pretty embarrassed by this rule change, with all the factory support and head start they had they now they need a rule change to keep up with a lower funded operation? Its not right.

Paul T.

Screaming Eagle in all likelihood was not a factor in this. It wouldn't make sense. Before this change, all the V-Twins were lumped together (as they should've been). If all the Buell's were flying it may have warranted an assessment, however we're talking one team here. That assessment under the past rules should've included the V-Rods.

The 10 pounds will probably cost 3 or 4 hundredths. The V-Rods need a tenth. I'm curious if the Buells are over weight as a delivered package.

Screaming Eagle in all likelihood was not a factor in this. It wouldn't make sense. Before this change, all the V-Twins were lumped together (as they should've been). If all the Buell's were flying it may have warranted an assessment, however we're talking one team here. That assessment under the past rules should've included the V-Rods.

The 10 pounds will probably cost 3 or 4 hundredths. The V-Rods need a tenth. I'm curious if the Buells are over weight as a delivered package.

Harley is behide this to... Don Taylor told me it was V&H and the Army team crying... Shame on them... Both those camps need to hire a clutch guy so they can run there bike down low... They already out run me and the other buells down the backhalf... They just can't 60 ft... Yes it will cost us 3 to 4 hundrends...Mr. Knoll thanks for the call today on all this crap from NHRA... I know we will be alright.... They have opened a can of worms!!!!!!!!!!

I agree 100% this is bull sh*t the kid is on his own and my rider and wtf is nhra thinking? This is uncalled for just because he is on his own with his dad and don't have the OTHER factory support of SOME so they CRY? NHRA keeps playing these games and it will not be put up with:mad::mad::mad:!!!!!!!! Thanks Evan.
Since the NHRA won't talk with Bruton Smith about selling to another entity (where common sense could then prevail) couldn't he couple his efforts with the likes of some other principals and open season on a superior sanctioning body that could ultimately eclipse the "old school" where progressive thinking, standardized rulings, sponsorship non-scalping, group driven evolutions could rule the day? This seems too much like a dictatorship to me. Although this ruling could rightly be called a knee-jerk reaction to one team's performance, it's potential to be politically driven seems mysteriously founded. This is not the first time the knee-jerk reaction has cost the NHRA their credibility. Ask any TAD racer-better yet ask any of the Pro Stock Truck team owners. Somewhere this needs to stop in order for our sport to move forward.

Good one, but seriously I haven't been following racing for as long as some of you hve, but has there ever been a time in PS that a certain engine combination (GM, Dodge or Ford) has ever been penalized for dominating? I can't recall it ever happening personally. This isn't the IROC series where everyone has the same combination and has to be ther better driver?

I think this is just another bad call and really makes teams think twice about stepping up and trying to dominate. What's the benefit? You step up and get pushed back down plus everyone else has to take the penalty - great way to make friends, isn't it?

Funny you should open up old wounds, In the very early 70s NHRA decided the Mopar Hemi was too dominate in pro stock racing so made them carry more pounds per cubic inch than the rest of the cars, This put the hemi at a disadvantage and created a massive boycot by the Hemi racers. Needless to say this put an end to those pesky mopar racers winning in pro stock and all the GM and Ford fans where happy again!:(

This is 100% bs.

Thanks Matt and Evan for actually saying so too and not playing the pc game.

The dominance is not there to even think about a rule change, looks like money talks on this one though. Shame on the teams that whined about this, if you can't compete go soemwhere else.

Good luck Matt, seep the season now and really give them something to complain about.

This seems like the early pro stock days. Constant rule changes.

its pretty bad to screw matt for thinking outside the box. i don't watch much ,but i heard a familular name to mountian motors get mentioned by matt after his win. i guess you could say my ears sure perked up.
whats next, not allow a person to crewchief on a fuel car if they use a cylinder head produced by a company he owns.

Matt

I saw you in Charlotte this last weekend. No one from the U.S. Army team complained or commented negativly on your record. We want to congradulate you on your record and win.

Would it be to simple for NHRA to simply provide details of why this needed to be done instead of the usual blanket "The increase is part of NHRA's ongoing efforts at maintaining competition within the category."???

Things continue to heat up over on the dragbike forum: Dragbike.com Forums: Buells

I know everyone has said their peace, however I just felt that I should speak my mind as well even if it has already been said. So here goes.

I totally agree with everyone on here in that this is extremely unfair and not just because it is my brother. He has however worked very hard to get where he is right now and it seems like his hard work is being taken away. I like all the PSM riders out there and think they all need to speak up in this matter. I mean, no one did anything to the ARMY suzuki's last year when they won the first four races, nor did anyone do anything to the girls when they won the first three races this year. A Buell has finally stepped up and made it's mark, whether it was Matt driving it or whomever doesn't make a difference, but he goes into St. Louis and sets the national record and poof NHRA makes a change. Are you kidding me?

If you all could just look at the back half numbers and compare them to the other bikes they are all in the ballpark of one another. The 60 foot times and the front half times are where the difference is and that is made by knowing how to get off the line and the clutch setup. Matt has worked his butt off in trying to figure it out and has finally succeeded and now this crap. It just amazes me how things work over there.

For goodness sake take back the change and let the bikes run. If Matt or whomever has a big lead who cares. The Summit Boys the last few years have more than dominated Pro Stock and what about Schumacher in Top Fuel the last few years. They worked their butts off to get where they got and now that the Buells have finally figured out how to run with the suzuki's and NHRA makes them add weight. Just ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. Punishing someone or a group of someones for working hard and running well is totally uncalled for. :mad::mad::mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back