The 6.90 memo (1 Viewer)

Talking behind their backs what a howl!
Andrew got on here and said what he felt he needed to and we stood by what we heard and said and Matt and Evan agreed there wasn't anything being said behind anybodies back!
I do repect Andrew for stating his opinion and contributing to the discussion
he still didn't directly answer Matts question but I thought it was cool that he stood up for himself or at least what he knew of the scenario.
Competition was close at Norwalk and everybody stood within the index and all was good but sooner than later they are going to breakout and if NHRA reacts then I'm going to assume that the memo is real but only time will tell!

Suzuki has got a new combination and it could have an advantage, isn't that what this sport is all about? What's the problem, are the Harley guys worried about Suzuki beating them? There could be penalties for using the Suzuki combination if they go too quick? This sounds like a Restriction of Trade case for the courts. If the powers don't want Suzuki kicking ass, than just make Suzukis illegal and reqiure that if you run Pro Stock Bike, you must run a Harley! Sounds fair to me?

What will they come up with next, not allowing nice looking petite women to compete?

Dave

What's interesting to me is, I thought Team Army was at the very least a suspect in the initial complaint rumor. Then Don and Matt hang out and, it appears, not to be the case. Second, in spite of the fact that I thought/think the V-Twins should've been considered a single entity, and VHR was innocent, because of their conspicuous exclusion with regards to the revision, NHRA put VHR behind the suspicion 8-ball. Now it appears the current target is Army's alleged development of the next generation Suzuki and, likely, Muzzy's Kawasaki. My question, if a new Suzuki or Kawasaki appears and runs mid 6.80, why would anyone expect anything less than a rules revision? That's how it's always been.

Having said that, why a memo/mandate? Maybe, at this point, NHRA should legislate in silence, in a fair and prudent manner.

What's interesting to me is, I thought Team Army was at the very least a suspect in the initial complaint rumor. Then Don and Matt hang out and, it appears, not to be the case. Second, in spite of the fact that I thought/think the V-Twins should've been considered a single entity, and VHR was innocent, because of their conspicuous exclusion with regards to the revision, NHRA put VHR behind the suspicion 8-ball. Now it appears the current target is Army's alleged development of the next generation Suzuki and, likely, Muzzy's Kawasaki. My question, if a new Suzuki or Kawasaki appears and runs mid 6.80, why would anyone expect anything less than a rules revision? That's how it's always been.

Having said that, why a memo/mandate? Maybe, at this point, NHRA should legislate in silence, in a fair and prudent manner.

Good point Johnny!

So let me see if Ihave this correct:

Super Street

Super Gas

Super Comp

Super PSM :rolleyes::p

I think they need a big serving of LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!

jim:)

Suzuki has got a new combination and it could have an advantage, isn't that what this sport is all about? What's the problem, are the Harley guys worried about Suzuki beating them? There could be penalties for using the Suzuki combination if they go too quick? This sounds like a Restriction of Trade case for the courts. If the powers don't want Suzuki kicking ass, than just make Suzukis illegal and reqiure that if you run Pro Stock Bike, you must run a Harley! Sounds fair to me?

What will they come up with next, not allowing nice looking petite women to compete?

Dave

Dave remember with each "New" Combination comes a higher pricetag. And NHRA's in the Cost containment business anymore. AS for Petite Woman riders, was there any other rider under 150 lbs. before Angelle? You can't compete in PSB unless your a Horse jockey anymore... :rolleyes:

uh oh if this is now a .90 class does this mean throttle stops on on the way too:rolleyes:

it just doesnt make sense. the army bike already went into the 80s, and a new combo on the way, and the new combo wont be slower. not sure what nhra is going to do , but its like them wanting pro stockers to only go in the 60s, and theyve already been in the 50 and the drce4 in the works. geez why dont the nhra just hand out throttle stops to every pro team. :(

If this is going to be the case drop them from the pro's and create another sportsman catagory!
These people who run NHRA need to go!

What if..... they're giving a chance for team with a new combo to catch up? :eek:

Hmmmmm.....

Seems strange to worry about a "Vaporcycle" out of the box stinking up the show when there is a full field within .1 of each other.

Picture if this was said about P/S car :
"we're worried the Toyota will be too fast out of the box-throw some weight on the Mopars + Pontiacs."

MY,My,My what is all the chatter, now you get what the alcohol guys
have been dealing with, i feel for the motorsickle guys, this ain't about racing
don't you guys get it's about money money money get the ole lube ready
gonna be a stiff one:confused:

On the sidelines in Bama:D

Get the alky-shine ready fuzzy! Or maybe nitro-shine?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back