Good question at Comp Plus (1 Viewer)

Remember as long as you meet the spec and don't exceed it your okay. Or does that only for a Chassis?

If memory serves me correctly, and I believe it does, Dan Olson used to be Tony's crew chief. Not that it does or should matter, but I thought I'd point out the connection anyway.

Still, I doubt very seriously there will be any controversy - I'm quite sure the Army camp requested and received approval prior to running the cylinder heads in competition. If there's any controversy, it will be that there aren't enough of the Stage VI heads available to supply all of the fuel teams at once...

I'd bet if these new Heads are are they cat's ass, they probably won't be available to anybody else until December after the army team wins another championhip. I'm sure there wouldn't have been an issue if Bill Miller tried to run unapproved Heads at Pomona?

Dave

How could that team be involved in a controversy? Aren't they the champs and didn't the heads contribute to their first win of this new season? I wouldn't be surprised if a certain moderator comes along shortly to explain everything and smooth out these concerns.

Think this is a problem? Wait until more teams than allowed end up under one team umbrella in a unique stealth mode. Just follow the sponsorship stickers and sponsor $. I'd say between this chassis controversy, the failed HD sale and these aforementioned issues, the NHRA has their hands more than full.

If memory serves me correctly, and I believe it does, Dan Olson used to be Tony's crew chief. Not that it does or should matter, but I thought I'd point out the connection anyway.

Still, I doubt very seriously there will be any controversy - I'm quite sure the Army camp requested and received approval prior to running the cylinder heads in competition. If there's any controversy, it will be that there aren't enough of the Stage VI heads available to supply all of the fuel teams at once...

The only way that should apply is if their announcement includes that they were approved as of a date prior to February 7th. Of course, if they did that, then there would be questions as to why there was not an announcement as soon as they were approved.

It's like in baseball when the umpire tries to make up a "bad" call by making a "no" call.

Perhaps this is NHRA's way of making things up to Alan, Tony, and Don for disqualifying their car from eliminations at the World Finals after the Army team refused to follow the directions to shut off their car by the the chief starter, thus handing the 2006 NHRA Top Fuel Championship to Doug Kalit...err...NEVERMIND!!!

It's like in baseball when the umpire tries to make up a "bad" call by making a "no" call.

Perhaps this is NHRA's way of making things up to Alan, Tony, and Don for disqualifying their car from eliminations at the World Finals after the Army team refused to follow the directions to shut off their car by the the chief starter, thus handing the 2006 NHRA Top Fuel Championship to Doug Kalit...err...NEVERMIND!!!

Don't even get me going on that one. Besides the money penalty, he should have been penalized points for what would be considered a safety infraction, since he was told to shutoff after a leak was discovered by starter Rick Stewart.

Don't even get me going on that one. Besides the money penalty, he should have been penalized points for what would be considered a safety infraction, since he was told to shutoff after a leak was discovered by starter Rick Stewart.

Please show me a time where the NHRA has penalized a Pro team points for not following a starters direction. The facts are he did not get penalized points by the NHRA and he won the title.

I don't know who you are, but you are THE MAN!!!!

I know the year is yet young, but Post of the Year so far- 2008!!!

So why is AJ allowed to develop a new head and as I remember Ford/Force were told hands off, just paint it blue and nothing else.

Seems like another inconsistency from the NHRA.

So why is AJ allowed to develop a new head and as I remember Ford/Force were told hands off, just paint it blue and nothing else.

Seems like another inconsistency from the NHRA.

I believe JFR was told they couldn't change the bore spacing, they couldn't change crank/cam centerline, they couldn't change valve angles... the only thing they could do is beef the bottom end. They don't run the elephant by choice, they run it because it's mandated.

By the way, I drive a 'stang, but every other car in my family for the last 30 years has been a GM... and I grew up driving nothing but MoPars.

My whole problem with this "it's a Elephant" is that its not by choice, can you imagine if someone whittled a set of fuel heads for the Gm P/S block... can't do it, because the bore spacing is wrong. The cam spacing is wrong.

We have to ask why, and the only answer I can think of is to keep Toyota from dumping a billion into a fuel motor.

d'kid

Great post Wayne!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back