Crew Chief Change?? (2 Viewers)

As long as Morgan is getting Melanies crew chief, they might as well do this-

Take the POW/MIA car, take the body off. Take the Lucas Oil car, take the body off. Back both cars out of their pit. Push the MIA car in the Lucas pit, and Lucas car in MIA pit. Put Lucas body on MIA car and MIA body on Lucas car.
DONE! :eek:

stranger things have happened. Sure hope not in this case. Mel's doing well and is a contender for the final 8.

Bottom line is that the proof will be in the performance of both cars. Time will tell.

Mel will be just fine she is my driver and on my payroll and both teams should do very well with the crew's we both have. We wanted change and two dragsters the same its all good for everyone involved. Mel will still have the POW/MIA dragster and Morgan will have HIS Lucas oil dragster. Thanks Evan.

Evan
While we have your attention.......who is going to drive the "second funny car?"

Enquiring minds want to know:D

Lance has been making the final adjustments since Rahn started there.
Interesting Tony. I was told just a couple days ago by someone, that Tobler has a lot more success tuning a car where there`s a tuneup already in place, and not quite as good when it`s his own. Suzie O, care to ask the brothers about that one?

Interesting Tony. I was told just a couple days ago by someone, that Tobler has a lot more success tuning a car where there`s a tuneup already in place, and not quite as good when it`s his own. Suzie O, care to ask the brothers about that one?
He seemed to do pretty damn good tuning Shirley all those years.

Spoiled rich kids . This has never worked for any team . Who has gone through crew chief after crew cheif and ended up on the plus side . It takes patience . I can also see Rahn was stuck trying to make sure Morgan was on top and within that , why would he share what the tune ups were . Not that Mel would need that info anyway , she was ; WAS better off at that point . Too bad we will never see what probabely panned out for the better for the whole team (Lucas and Mel). Rahn is not an idiot over night , maybe he had to juggle too many problems , whims , and "you better just do this" . Oh well . You will never see Morgan on top when he treats this like a stock trade . Oh my god panick , sell sell sell . Then bam you miss the big gain . AND they will as long as they dont think about these things reasonably .

As far as Mel in the top 8 , there is a lot of time left . This is the mad dash way too soon to get Morgan feeling better . I hope he feels better , but he never will for long as far as they keep doing the Doug Herbert shuffle . I really see Evans deal in this having Morgan running stonger sooner to help keep people away from Mel and her spot . Evan is a brilliant man and I think he is rolling over knowing that he is eventually going to be the one that benefits from this . Why not , Morgan will fire those guys too and they will just go back to the other side of the tent , SWEET . Thats my rant . I would like to say though that both Evan and Lucas Oil products have done so much for the racing community , and we all thank them for that . I just find it amazing that Morgan wont take a deep breath so he can benefit from what he had . I guess he just thinks he will always have what he wants when he wants it .

I think Evan played the situation perfectly , and he will end up not being sorry for it . Neither will Mel .

When I say final adjustments, I mean adjusting the idle and idle mixture. Most of the other significant decisions have already been made in the pits.

As far as tuneups, the only two cars I know of that Rahn tuned before the Lucas car was his own and the Mac Tools car. So I don't know where that came from.

How smart was Kalitta racing before Dick Lahaie was hired?

My take on the Lucas thing is...I would assume Forrest Lucas has spent up to 4 to 6 million dollars to get the top fuel team up and running. So whoever comes in there is going to have to use the equipment that has been purchased. So one may find themselves using parts they aren't accustom to using. Last time I checked...Rome wasn't built in a day.

My question would be, why are they just know having Richard Hogan take over? If they are a two car team, he should've had a fair amount of influence on what was going on over there as far back as winter testing.
Sounds like to me the people making the corporate decisions over there could use a kick in the testicles themselves.

...and could the moderaters delete some of the drivel on this thread?

Last edited:
...and could the moderators delete some of the drivel on this thread?

All of the drivel!

The libelous nature of some of the posts is appalling. What would be great is if Morgan and Rahn both succeed.

I'm sure establishing a team as crew chief is very different than attempting to turn one around mid-season. I'd also guess owning/running a team is a learning curve in itself. It's likely some mistakes are par for the course.

A smart business person knows when to cut his losses. After some of the performances this year, it would appear that the Lucas' are reasonably patient. They went a lot of races going 1000 ft. and grenading (when it wasn't going 100 ft. and smoking the tires). There are a lot of Lucas oil products from that car distributed on a lot of track surfaces to this point. I'd guess that's not part of the mission statement.

I'd say it took integrity to call Stewart back, considering the circumstances.

Morgan is not my favorite Top Fuel racer or personality. Having said that, I would never stoop to the level of unsubstantiated bitch-foolery demonstrated in some the childish, jealous, player-hating, posts authored in this thread.

LONG LIVE THE LUCAS' AND ALL OF THEIR RICHES. We are all, as fans, better off for them.

Flame on!

I thought Tobler said in an early interview that the parts in the Lucas car were different than Doug Ks, and we was trying to work w/ what they had in place. I am sure Crew Chiefs would like to use the parts they are familar with. Remember Lee Beard made wholesale changes to KBs car when he replaced Armstrong.

Mel will be just fine she is my driver and on my payroll and both teams should do very well with the crew's we both have. We wanted change and two dragsters the same its all good for everyone involved. Mel will still have the POW/MIA dragster and Morgan will have HIS Lucas oil dragster. Thanks Evan.

Well, you're certainly the man in the know. I think we all acknowledge without your support, the face of drag racing would be quite different. There must be more to this story than that on the surface as on paper this deal doesn't wash. For Melanies sake I hope it works out.

The real truth of the matter is that 95% of you keyboard crew chiefs, with the exception of Susie, Evan and a couple of others, don't have a clue what you're talking about. There is, and has been, WAY more to all this than any of you know. And am I going to share any of that information??? NO...I have too much respect for my son and what he tells his Mom. Suffice to say, this was all done for good reasons and should help both teams. Now I think we can close this subject and see how it all plays out starting next weekend.

thank you Pat! I don't know everything that happened, that is between Connie & the people involved. I know what everyone else knows that read the press releases.

As far as I am concerned, we are all sooooo over this subject and I just want to see a Team Kalitta car in the winner's circle!

The real truth of the matter is that 95% of you keyboard crew chiefs, with the exception of Susie, Evan and a couple of others, don't have a clue what you're talking about. There is, and has been, WAY more to all this than any of you know. And am I going to share any of that information??? NO...I have too much respect for my son and what he tells his Mom. Suffice to say, this was all done for good reasons and should help both teams. Now I think we can close this subject and see how it all plays out starting next weekend.

So, when all this comes out into the light, you'll update us, right?

Most likely not. There are goings on within the teams that no one else needs to know about. Being the Mom of one of the crew members has its privledges, right Susie?

Well Pat, you are certainly correct in stating that most of us don't understand what is going on, but some of us do know what we are talking about (that might or might not include me). I hope that Mel's new crew chief, who was dismissed by this organization earlier this year, can maintain her current level of performance. We'll know very soon and if you are correct, I'll be first in line to acknowledge your "I told you so". If you are wrong . . . DUCK!
Since I am not privy to insider information, this is only my uneducated and inexperienced opinion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back