Kloeber Out on Knoll's TF Team? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, so 8 months into the season, shit can the guy.:rolleyes:

Hey T, it seems to be the trend now-a-days. Herbert, Cruz, Lucas/Knoll, etc...

I think its more about the amount of money involved and the pressure to perform to keep those sponsor dollars rolling in.

I seem to think a lot of the bigger, more established teams...no offense to anyone, know how to make it work and I fully respect those competitors for sticking it out. KB had a similar issue to start the season, however he knew where the problem was and adjusted. He may not be at the top of the heap with J. Walsh, but he keeps showing flashes of brilliance with the tuneup.

I feel really bad for Millican and that whole team. It basically revolved around Kloeber. I've always referred to him as Alan Jr., just for the fact they have similar approaches and demeanors. But when a team owner/sponsor, like Evan KNoll shells out millions and says "here's the funding, kick some a$$ in the NHRA now" and it flops, he has the right to take it out on who he wants.

Mike will land somewhere quick, if he wants. But he has always taken short sabbaticals after departures. Whatever happens, I wish Mike the best!!

.....just my opinion.

Last edited:
if Kloeber had wanted out...i think they would have worded it better than "he was dismissed"

Actually Competition Plus reported...
Torco's CompetitionPlus.com has learned that veteran crew chiefs Mike Kloeber was released by team owner Evan Knoll yesterday.

Released being the key word. If Kloeber wanted out, he'd have to obtain a release to leave if under contract.

Being a Crew chief in today's world is stricly a performance oriented business. You have to do the deal or you will be replaced. One of the side effects of mucho dinero being applied to the sport. Just as an aside, it is happening in all motorsports.

jim

I used to always say, "If I had 10 million bucks, I would get a McKinney chassis with the first 50 thou. The next million would go to BUYING Alan Johnson for six months."

Well, now that Mike is unemployed, it looks like my Mega Million bucks could be spent elsewhere.

Man, I can believe he was released. Talk about "Hero-to-Zero".....

Bottom line is still "if you don't produce, adios." Except on Melanies car. Doesn't Kloeber still come home to Vancouver, WA everyweek and doesn't stay out?

I used to always say, "If I had 10 million bucks, I would get a McKinney chassis with the first 50 thou. The next million would go to BUYING Alan Johnson for six months.".............

If I had 10 million bucks I don't know if I could spend 3-4 million of it to win $500k at the end of the year..... ROI??

One would think that Mike Kloeber will have many, many opportunities to choose from within an hour of this announcement. Evan on the other hand has slim pickings, there aren't that many out there. I guess Wayno will be there next!

Wayne would be my first thought - and a good choice at that.

If I had 10 million bucks I don't know if I could spend 3-4 million of it to win $500k at the end of the year..... ROI??

Yeah, you're right....HORRIBLE return-on-investment. But, can you imagine the fun that we'd all have running the Team NitroMater.com Top Fuel Dragster!!!

We could take Luigi Novelli's "E-fans Fueler" concept JUST a bit further! ;)

Yeah, you're right....HORRIBLE return-on-investment. But, can you imagine the fun that we'd all have running the Team NitroMater.com Top Fuel Dragster!!!

We could take Luigi Novelli's "E-fans Fueler" concept JUST a bit further!

:D :D :D Yeh, it would be cool!!

I gues the true ROI is hard to measure, but there are a lot of companies that see it is worthwhile.

Now, if I was spending someone elses hard earned to win the title..... that might be a diffreent story!! :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back