NHRA PSM Rule Change (1 Viewer)

He was a 90, Angelle was a 94/95 and she had the record at a 91 previously. Personally I didnt think that there needed to be a change but I thought it was coming.

I think NHRA jumped to quickly. Did Suzuki's not win 3 of the first 4 events? Not to mention Angelle's 91 as stated above. I think NHRA should have left well enough alone for at least this season.

i agree....i think matt's bike was just that good at St Louis...it's not like all the Buells were puttin up those kind of numbers

Wow... I have seen changes based on engine type (V twin, inline four, 2 valve, 4 valve, etc) but never based on brand before. Should be all V twins or none.

Jay

Wow... I have seen changes based on engine type (V twin, inline four, 2 valve, 4 valve, etc) but never based on brand before. Should be all V twins or none.

Jay
Didn't they slap some weight on just the Harley's a couple years back when they were running away from the field?

No, it was all V-Twins. This is in the very least, curious rules stewardship.
I could have sworn that only the HD's got dinged a while back because the Buell's at that time still weren't running the numbers. PSM is beginning to look like the TAD and Pro Mod classes with the never-ending rules tweaking.

I could possibly see a change down the road..if the Buell keeps progressing..but this seems to be kneejerk.

How dare you for working your ass off and finally getting your combination working! :mad:
What a joke I will refer this to one Suzuki team's rule! :cool:
Why don't they let everyone else catch up like the good old days let him enjoy his success!
Unbelievable!!!

I could possibly see a change down the road..if the Buell keeps progressing..but this seems to be kneejerk.

I don't really follow Bikes... but David, you should have left the first syllable off the the last word there... don't understand this at all, got 2 different bikes here that can run within .01 of each other, and the one that ran those kind of numbers second is the one that gets nailed????

I hear ya, Karl. It wasn't like Matt was blowing the field away..he got his breaks throughout the day.

Angelle was right there.

I don't get it at all.

What do you say, Matt?? What the hell is up with this? Who's Cheerio's did you pee in?

Maybe, just maybe, it was the Harley teams that were complaining. Remember guys, there are 3 different motor combinations out there.

Are both versions of the V-Twin required to run the same C.C. and weight? And if not, what is the difference?

Maybe, just maybe, it was the Harley teams that were complaining. Remember guys, there are 3 different motor combinations out there.

I think that is where the most complaining probably came from. Harley and Screaming Eagle put way too much money into the series to allow their cousins to stomp on them.

I think that is where the most complaining probably came from. Harley and Screaming Eagle put way too much money into the series to allow their cousins to stomp on them.

I believe that Harley/Screaming Eagle has an exclusive with V&H. In other words, nobody besides V&H can run a PSB "Harley" except V&H. That is why all the other non-V&H teams run "Buell".

Another reason in my opinion to lose the freaking bikes.Instead of letting a team develop a winning combination within the current rule structure,they punish that team when they do,all in the name of keeping the class competitive.Why bother doing any R & D work,just have lots of money and whine loudly when another team is doing better than you,the dimwits at NHRA will slap more weight on the succesful team for you.Sounds like we need another round of "You can't fix stupid" t-shirts.:rolleyes:

I agree that this was a knee jerk reaction for only one bike. It would have been cool to see what Matt could have run at a track close to sea level with some decent weather conditions. I have a question for some of the pros, what is the potential impact on ET from the additional 10 lbs?

Well I think NHRA jumped really to soon here... I think its BS.... This is the 1st time a buell has ever had the record.. The 1st time a buell has ever lead in points... This is the 1st buell win since Indy Last year.... Angelle went 6.94 and I went 6.90 in st.. Thats 4 hunds.... Last year when reading I was the fastest buell there with a 6.97 and angelle went 6.93 and set the record... Thats 4 hunds.... I don't understand NHRA's deal.... I'm not out running people in the back half I'm doing down low.... And thats what I have tested so much for this year.... Larry Morgan is so right about this crap... U CAN"T FIX STUPID..... Didn't the girls win the 1st 3 races why not throw 10 lbs on them... All thats right they want them to win.... Sorry everyone I'm just pissed about this crap.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back