NHRA PSM Rule Change (1 Viewer)

What I dont understand is, if NHRA is so worried about parity they must of forgot they have the top alcohol dragster class!

Sooo....what's going to happen when the Suzukis drag their fuel injection out of the trailer and start running in the '80's.

Mark Watkins

Clearly, the NHRA had their head up their asses when making the decision. These stats indicate there is not much of an advantage as one would think after you read NHRA's statement.

ah yes but we seem to be overlooking the most important stat $$$$$$
rules are made to be bought. I never thought it was true but how else is this explainable.

I fear what they have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve. Remember what happened the last time that was said?? Bomb them again Matt!!!

For those who asked why the Screaming Eagle bikes were not included in the rule change they have a totally different engine than the Buells. The V & H bikes have overhead camshafts ( as per the street V-rod) while the Buells are based on the old push rod engine architecture.

Roo

The exclusion of the Screaming Eagles is ludicrous. The engine has absolutely nothing in common with the street version and, in fact, has push-rods, similar to the Penske Illmor incarnations. If there is a close relative to the VHR/Screaming Eagle engine, it's the S&S. Believe me, there is nothing old design on the S&S either. Look closer.

The current VHR injected Suzuki's have yet to find their rhythm although they'll be tougher in Denver. Who knows what Steve and the Army crew can do.

Well if Matt won by 3 or 4 hundreds and they added 10 pounds of weight
to the Buell class. NHRA sould add 15 pounds of weight to the Harleys
after this weekend run at Chicago for running 5 to 6 hunders faster all day than Matt who finished runner up. Think NHRA sould put things back the way they were. Seems like Harley team is back on track after all the testing they have be doing. Also the Suzuki teams ran faster than the buells this weekend.

I'm not an enthusiastic PSM fan, and this weighting thing is one reason why!
The NHRA is trying to attain parity by rule manipulation rather than though engineering and hard work.
No one can feel good about this situation. The HD guys are saying "we didn't need the break" and the other guys are saying we shouldn't have been saddled with 10 lbs. JMHO

I had two thoughts when the rule change was announced.

1. It was unnecessary, considering the avg. e.t. of all the S&S bikes.
2. All the V-Twins should weigh the same.

After today, maybe #1 will justify, #2 never will.

Forty runs of testing I'm sure helped, however, the rules got Andrew into the chase. Period.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back