Brainerd roll call...who's going? (1 Viewer)

oh, one more

P8110090.jpg

I don't know if they are playing at the boom (bada) but Jed told me earlier this year one night is an A/C D/C tribute band, I don't remember the other. I don't know if I'm working or just coming to watch and hang out but I would like to meet the maters that will be up.

OK....OK... Enough... This is painful enough, knowing that I can't go this year!!! That has got to be the most Amazing "PARTY" on earth....! Nitro in the Tanks, Nitro in the "COOLERS", Nitro in the BLOOD!!!!

I've got to get to this place next year!

Hmmmm........:rolleyes: Business trip next year to sell VAPOR TRAIL products I'm thinking!;)

OK....OK... Enough... This is painful enough, knowing that I can't go this year!!! That has got to be the most Amazing "PARTY" on earth....! Nitro in the Tanks, Nitro in the "COOLERS", Nitro in the BLOOD!!!!

I've got to get to this place next year!

Hmmmm........:rolleyes: Business trip next year to sell VAPOR TRAIL products I'm thinking!;)

Could you just take a crash test dummy, dress it up in clothes you normally wear, and leave it where you normally hang out during the weekend?

Just a thought.........

Could you just take a crash test dummy, dress it up in clothes you normally wear, and leave it where you normally hang out during the weekend?

Just a thought.........

Heck, I'm sure my kids wouldn't mind... I'll just tie a T-Bone steak to their necks and call over the neighbors dogs to keep them occupied...:rolleyes:

Yeah, that might not get me nominated for Daddy of the year. That and the lack of FUNDAGE make it tough... BUT... I get to go to 10 Races next year with my new Job, so.... I'll think I'll make sure "THE NORTHSTARS" (i'll always call it this btw) will be on my list for sure!;)

... I get to go to 10 Races next year with my new Job, so.... I'll think I'll make sure "THE NORTHSTARS" (i'll always call it this btw) will be on my list for sure!;)

Tim, what is your new job?

And yes, it will always be the Northstar nationals to me too! :D

Tim, what is your new job?

And yes, it will always be the Northstar nationals to me too! :D

Oh if I told you Brian, that would ruin all the fun...:D

Let's just say, that there is a teaser somewhere on this post, and that my current Part time job, will turn into full time hopefully in a few months....Not saying BYE BYE to my current Employer just yet, but just Expanding my Motorsports opportunities;) Oh, and a few new products coming for Drag Racing and Street Rodding markets from this company and somebody needs to go to races and talk with the racers, like... a ... RACER...!

oh and one more thing, possibly a R & D car out of this shop...:cool:

Oh if I told you Brian, that would ruin all the fun...:D

Let's just say, that there is a teaser somewhere on this post, and that my current Part time job, will turn into full time hopefully in a few months....Not saying BYE BYE to my current Employer just yet, but just Expanding my Motorsports opportunities;) Oh, and a few new products coming for Drag Racing and Street Rodding markets from this company and somebody needs to go to races and talk with the racers, like... a ... RACER...!

oh and one more thing, possibly a R & D car out of this shop...:cool:

Gotcha! :D

Brainerd - only one week to go! I do have to say my favorite time of the year. We will be there Fri - Sat - Sun, camping Fri and Sat night. Happy to say we have our seats in the first row at the starting line above that hole in the grandstands where people walk through to get to their seats. With that, the 1000' thing shouldn't change our expierence in the least (other then these wierd times that I haven't gotten used to). Just a thought, back when it was Winston Drag Racing they gave away cartons of cigarettes - how come they don't give out cases of Powerade? Especially in Brainerd where it always seems to be the hottest weekend of the year.

One more thing for those nitromater fans attending the race. I love to party in the zoo, though my main reason for going to the race is - to watch the race. Therefore I like to get to bed at a reasonable time so I can be up to watch the race. Now the party in the zoo goes on till 5 am or so, so we have been staying in the family camping. Over the past few years those sites have been getting tighter and tighter and this year with the road course I think we might get pushed out into the zoo. Being that we can't make it up there till Friday morning, can someone going up early in the family camping spare enough room for two guys, a car, and a tent? Or give some advice on where there will be a quiet area on Friday morning to squeeze into?

See you at the race!

Brainerd - only one week to go! I do have to say my favorite time of the year. We will be there Fri - Sat - Sun, camping Fri and Sat night. Happy to say we have our seats in the first row at the starting line above that hole in the grandstands where people walk through to get to their seats. With that, the 1000' thing shouldn't change our expierence in the least (other then these wierd times that I haven't gotten used to). Just a thought, back when it was Winston Drag Racing they gave away cartons of cigarettes - how come they don't give out cases of Powerade? Especially in Brainerd where it always seems to be the hottest weekend of the year.

One more thing for those nitromater fans attending the race. I love to party in the zoo, though my main reason for going to the race is - to watch the race. Therefore I like to get to bed at a reasonable time so I can be up to watch the race. Now the party in the zoo goes on till 5 am or so, so we have been staying in the family camping. Over the past few years those sites have been getting tighter and tighter and this year with the road course I think we might get pushed out into the zoo. Being that we can't make it up there till Friday morning, can someone going up early in the family camping spare enough room for two guys, a car, and a tent? Or give some advice on where there will be a quiet area on Friday morning to squeeze into?

See you at the race!

I think the party never ends really. For the very reasons you stated Nick (there to watch the race), I stay at our place on Mille Lacs and drive over each day.

just make sure your wallet's full of money - from what i'm hearing every ticket
this year will be reserved (?), ATV/Golf cart is up to $25, and the track's
website also shows a $50 restricted camping fee (that's family camping
i think)........oh well, that's why we work......can't wait

I saw last year they cracked down on people getting into the reserved seats by using that ticket stub crap (although its nice that they cracked down on it cause it sucks to see general admission sitting next to you in your $200 seats). Because of this I thought the general admission seats looked PACKED, the fence was like 10 deep.. I figured lots of those people would be buying reserved this year. Now that general is gone I wonder if less people will be going (and more camping available)

The whole Brainerd ticketing policy is strange IMO. It's the only event on the tour (I think) where you can't buy individual day tickets in advance (other than Sunday only). If you want a Saturday only ticket, as is the case for one of my friends who can only attend Saturday, it's $80 at the gate. $80!?!? Geez, Indy is only $60. Well, it would be nice to have my friend sit with us on Saturday so I caved and bought a 2-day ticket for $95. Fortunately, I found a taker for the Sunday portion of the ticket.

Last year, their GA seating was a joke. It seemed like they had considerably downsized it from previous years and if you didn't get there early, you weren't going to find a seat.

I'll be there Thursday morning, can't wait I'm not going to be very productive and work the week thinking about the ZOO. Here's a picture that someone posted somewhere don't remember, but I'm driving the D.C. Express (name for our party wagon) through the ZOO, I think at one point we had 18 people on it last year. I left it in the hand of others from our group and I guess it's paint up nicer now. I you see us cruising give a shout our for Yummy (me).
See you all at the ZOO.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back