Brainerd roll call...who's going? (1 Viewer)

We don't know... It's only going to be Nate and I.

We don't know if we are going to put on the whole "circus" act like normal, or just set up with Nates Dad. I'll let you know!

Sounds good.

I think Nate might have my cell number but I'll PM it to you just to be sure.

Brian. :)

Dose anybody have any details on how the zoo area camping will be this year?

They tore the whole thing up (wont be totally finished)
the map I got in the mail have the family camping extended on the track side.

The new road course goes right through the big open area in the center then cuts over. It should be interesting.

The new road course goes right through the big open area in the center then cuts over. It should be interesting.

I haven't heard anything.

Also, did anybody notice that the tickets that came in the mail had something to the effect of "No General Admission seating. All fans must have a Reserved Seat"?

I haven't heard anything.

Also, did anybody notice that the tickets that came in the mail had something to the effect of "No General Admission seating. All fans must have a Reserved Seat"?

Yep, they're not going to allow the fans to stand at the fence anymore. I've a feeling it's a liability issue. They want that area clear of people methinks.They want everyone in the seats.

This is a map that I took from their site and added my own line to it. The lime green line represents the new section of track that goes through the campground. I have no idea how it's going to effect camping this year, I guess we'll see once we get there.

track.jpg

I was planning on going, but was told I could never hang in the Zoo after my Throw-up routine in Denver so I decided to Pass!:eek:

I was planning on going, but was told I could never hang in the Zoo after my Throw-up routine in Denver so I decided to Pass!:eek:

I did say "might not be able to hack it in the zoo". Joe, your always more then welcome in the zoo. Just don't forget your camera. I will blame the Denver incident on the altitude, something you ate or the fact that you were dealing with 1000' foot racing for the first time.:D

I will be there on Fri and Sat, but Sunday I'm not sure.

I did say "might not be able to hack it in the zoo". Joe, your always more then welcome in the zoo. Just don't forget your camera. I will blame the Denver incident on the altitude, something you ate or the fact that you were dealing with 1000' foot racing for the first time.:D

I will be there on Fri and Sat, but Sunday I'm not sure.

No Biggy Scott, I knew it was a joke. Either way as long as I go to Indy every year, Brainerd's out of the question!

I will blame the Denver incident on the altitude.

Can't blame the altitude, Joe and I live in an area with a similar altitude as Denver, but the rest you can blame :)

Hey Joe, I think we are going to be at the ABQ track this weekend. Costa wants us to go out and give it a shot.

Can't blame the altitude, Joe and I live in an area with a similar altitude as Denver, but the rest you can blame :)

Hey Joe, I think we are going to be at the ABQ track this weekend. Costa wants us to go out and give it a shot.

They have a Match race with a pair of Fuel Altered's is what I heard!

I've been in Minnesota for 2 months working some of the storms and it looks like I'm gonna make it there on Friday and Sunday, hope to meet some of you there. I won't get any work done that weekend, but I can't pass up this race being this close and all. :)

i did hear that the section that was 'no camping' last year due to being
a fenced in motocross track will be re-seeded and have camping again.
the fence was gone already in june.
there are also new scoring building/s near 'bud corner' for the new circuit.
should be interesting........you know it's going to be fun.

I've been in Minnesota for 2 months working some of the storms and it looks like I'm gonna make it there on Friday and Sunday, hope to meet some of you there. I won't get any work done that weekend, but I can't pass up this race being this close and all. :)

I have one suggestion for you..... DON'T park on track property! Pay a little extra and park in one of parking lots outside the main gate. The local nearby businesses always open their parking lots to the public during this event. (for a fee) If you park on the property it can take HOURS to get back out the front gate. If you park in a parking lot off site it will take about 15 second to get onto the highway.

Have fun! :)

Yep, they're not going to allow the fans to stand at the fence anymore. I've a feeling it's a liability issue. They want that area clear of people methinks.They want everyone in the seats.

By requiring all the fans to get a Reserved seat, I wonder if that means that they eliminated the GA stands down near the finish line. Those stands sucked anyway; old rickety wooden things that I think may have been part of the old Met Stadium. The seating chart on BIR's website seems to indicate that those stands are indeed gone.

I found this secret AMATURE footage of what appears to be Paul Songas or Mark Krogen at the zoo in brainerd...

YouTube - BIR Boy

Not sure who it is, due to the distance the video was shot at......

Man, I HAVE GOT TO DO THE ZOO NEXT YEAR!!!!!:D:D:D

No Biggy Scott, I knew it was a joke. Either way as long as I go to Indy every year, Brainerd's out of the question!

Joe, even if you go to Indy, why is Brainerd out of the question? You've done consecutive events before (I know...Brainerd and Indy aren't consecutive anymore).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back