Brainerd friends of Nitromater (1 Viewer)

Saw Jim Head's rig on I94 at about the 12 mile marker in Wisconsin on my way to work this afternoon. I've' always liked Jim. :)

Stop by Scotty Palmers pit , don't come any better than scotty , ashley and andrew! Thank you Farmers Insurance for helping out Palmer Racing TF5050. , scubasteve

We got 0.57" of rain at the track this afternoon (Tuesday) lots of wet spots (in the zoo), but the forcast shows no more rain this week, maybe it will dry out by the weekend for there rest of the weekend.

Hey Eugene..hope you guys have as good a weekend this year as last year. I'll have to stop by and say hi Friday or Saturday.
Thank's David we will give it our best shot. Hopefully we can get these new clutch levers that we have been trying for the past 3 races figured out before raceday. Make sure you stop by.:)

We got 0.57" of rain at the track this afternoon (Tuesday) lots of wet spots (in the zoo), but the forcast shows no more rain this week, maybe it will dry out by the weekend for there rest of the weekend.
It was a little muddy back there for sure. I just got back from the jagermeister bar and the party was going strong when I left. I had our hauler parked at the gas station since mon, and I moved it in to the track during the downpour and it was raining so hard that I could hardly see driving down the return road beside the track. I hope the forcast is right and that is all we get this week, and I hope you guys all have fun this week.:)

Sounds like things are coming together! Full fields and only 2 more days till the smells and sounds of the best weekend of the year!

comp plus should start their photo gallery from BIR on monday ;)
by some beer for an all week camper, have him/her email a couple dozen
photos per day monday, tuesday & wednesday :D

quick entry lists counts nets approx. 370 cars... think there's been way more
in years past? anyone know how 370 stacks up against completed events
so far this year?
comp. eliminator is odd class out this year, but when they made this rule
there was not a top sportsman class?, now there is and there's 23 on the list;
among them bruno massel

anyone hear who won the rickshaw trophy?

Mike, Rumor has it Morgan Lucas never brought it back. He was supposed to give it to the Al-Anabi (not sure if Dixon or Worsham won it) team last year and wouldn't thinking he had won it again when he didn't. I'll let you know if I hear more. :rolleyes:

Stopped by camp rickshaw last weekend, they had a mechanical bull there too. But the place wasn't really jumping, people standing around a big bonfire staring off into space. I could have been there at a bad time but I think things in the zoo get old quickly - as I found when I wore the Clinton suit on Friday. I didn't wear it Saturday and had a better time just walking around and having fun with people.

I think there's just less extremely wild stuff going on back there.. there's just too many cops and "safety officers". Not that this is a bad thing - you can still have tons of fun, just not out of control over the top stuff anymore. Huge swing too in that some safety officers are very cool and joke around while doing their job, and some are strict a-holes who just rub you the wrong way.

Another thing occurred to me this weekend about why there's no more general admission seating anymore. I remember with the generals there was a huge problem of smuggling people into the stands. The system was so easy to beat in that you could walk two people into the stands with tickets, then walk one out with both tickets, and smuggle in another... and so on.

One year they tried to combat this by handing out ticket stubs to people going into and out of the stands -- you get one leaving stands -- and must give it back when entering the stands - which theoretically solved the problem. But it turned into a bunch of unhappy fans who thought it was a pain in the ass, and if you lost the ticket a huge argument ensued.

So they eliminated general admission... so every seat was higher priced and assigned. Just another cost that screwed over honest general admission goers in that tickets are now more expensive then ever. But what can you do?

So they eliminated general admission... so every seat was higher priced and assigned. Just another cost that screwed over honest general admission goers in that tickets are now more expensive then ever. But what can you do?

I like the heightened security and no longer having general admission seating. We buy reserved seats every year, and used to have to contend with "seat jumpers". The general admission seat holders that would sneak into reserved areas and try to find seats. as the stands would fill, they would move around trying to wedge themselves into a seat, causing all kinds of hassles. A real pain in the butt if you're in your own seat, and trying to watch the races. Kudos to security and track management for keeping the alcohol free sections alcohol free too. I saw alot of empty beer mugs with dissapointed looking owners walking into our sections, as the security guys made them either chug or dump them before entering. All in all the improvements made in recent years are making the races alot nicer to attend.

I like the heightened security and no longer having general admission seating. We buy reserved seats every year, and used to have to contend with "seat jumpers". The general admission seat holders that would sneak into reserved areas and try to find seats. as the stands would fill, they would move around trying to wedge themselves into a seat, causing all kinds of hassles. A real pain in the butt if you're in your own seat, and trying to watch the races. Kudos to security and track management for keeping the alcohol free sections alcohol free too. I saw alot of empty beer mugs with dissapointed looking owners walking into our sections, as the security guys made them either chug or dump them before entering. All in all the improvements made in recent years are making the races alot nicer to attend.

I agree 100% - as a reserved seat purchaser and a non-alcohol drinker during the day.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back