Brainerd discussions (1 Viewer)

- mark krogen must have been there - it rained saturday (but not long:))
- wanted wilk to win sooo bad, just not there yet, maybe indy, will vote for him
- alexis d. have mic in helment? unfortunate round 1 for her.
- cagnazzi and a. johnson definitely have the package in PS rite now.
- chase copeland threw it away, should have been back to back winner
- chamber of commerce weather yesterday
- TF started immediately following anthem, no unnecessary talking :cool:
- sat. nite fireworks amazing.....REALLY amazing......again.
- endless fun when the racing is done; bands, bars, beers, _oo_ _ :cool:
- zoo provided capps & tobler with mojo rite into winner's circle.
- lucas wins @ lucas race; thank you forrest and charlotte for everything.

Last edited:
- mark krogen must have been there - it rained saturday (but not long:))

Where we were sitting, my back was to the black clouds that were rolling in and Nick, seated across the track, texts me about "hopefully no more oildowns, we might not get Q4 done". I turned around wondering what he's talking about and immediately thought "seriously?.....again?". Schleprock is very tired of rain following him to the race track.

not sure if their site is locked or not? but if you search for
Tiki Bar at BIR on facebook - there are a few good shots from the weekend - and a lot from last year.

No zoo pics, I also don't want to take my camera out as it would probably end up broken. Fun stories though, especially Sat night --

We camped next to a dude and two girls from Canada, all three hard partiers (apparently Canadians are EXPERT drinkers). I went into Sat night thinking I wasn't going to drink until after dark but at 6:30 or so the Canadians invited us to a drinking game, so we accepted. We nearly finished off all the alcohol by 9:00 or so. During the drinking discussions and challenges (very interesting) we ended up heading to the rickshaw races on or 4 wheeler with me driving, my friend in the passenger seat, two girls in bikinis hanging off the front and back, and the Canadian guy hanging off the back as well.

But the one girl burned her leg pretty bad on the engine exhaust, so after getting her patched up I drove her back to camp and decided to hang out and sober up by the campfire. We talked for a couple hours and had an awesome time talking about the drag races and the NHL (Canadians - go figure).

BTW, all three were very into the drag races, the two girls were very intelligent -- the girl who burned her leg is going for her masters in business management, the other is a chef going back to school for food science.

The Canadian dude came back with the other girl around 12:30, and they were wasted. The dude had a giant gash in his leg and blood all over his jeans and went to bed immediately. At that point I was totally sober so I started talking with the other girl, where discussions led to me asking why she liked drag racing - which led to an hour and a half discussion about the drags. Again, a great night!

btw - 1 win and 1 loss at the rickshaw races

Looking forward to next year already!

Where we were sitting, my back was to the black clouds that were rolling in and Nick, seated across the track, texts me about "hopefully no more oildowns, we might not get Q4 done". I turned around wondering what he's talking about and immediately thought "seriously?.....again?". Schleprock is very tired of rain following him to the race track.

Please bring some light showers with you to Indy on the Monday - I'd love to see a US Nationals like 94 when eliminations were ran under the lights. See you soon mate.

anyone see the guy airlifted out late yesterday?
walking back from victory ceremonies just past chainlink separating
day trippers from campers - were hauling someone out in ambulance;
other fella told me about 5 different people worked on this guy and gave
him the paddles at least 3 or 4x; someone said he had an IV - drove the
ambulance to zoo (fields) where helicopter came to get him.
this was probably about 4:30 - 4:45 yesterday.

they were in one of the disabled paved camp spots rite behind the lower
grandstands

- mark krogen must have been there - it rained saturday (but not long)
- wanted wilk to win sooo bad, just not there yet, maybe indy, will vote for him
- alexis d. have mic in helment? unfortunate round 1 for her.
- cagnazzi and a. johnson definitely have the package in PS rite now.
- chase copeland threw it away, should have been back to back winner
- chamber of commerce weather yesterday
- TF started immediately following anthem, no unnecessary talking :cool:
- sat. nite fireworks amazing.....REALLY amazing......again.
- endless fun when the racing is done; bands, bars, beers, _oo_ _ - zoo provided capps & tobler with mojo rite into winner's circle.
- lucas wins @ lucas race; thank you forrest and charlotte for everything.

-Seeing Mike at the Tiki Bar Sat. night :eek::D

Last edited:
anyone see the guy airlifted out late yesterday?
walking back from victory ceremonies just past chainlink separating
day trippers from campers - were hauling someone out in ambulance;
other fella told me about 5 different people worked on this guy and gave
him the paddles at least 3 or 4x; someone said he had an IV - drove the
ambulance to zoo (fields) where helicopter came to get him.
this was probably about 4:30 - 4:45 yesterday.

they were in one of the disabled paved camp spots rite behind the lower
grandstands

That would be at least 3 taken out of BIR in an ambulance.. I saw two with my own eyes - one Fri night at the 4 corners, one Sat during the rain delay near Jag Bar

No zoo pics, I also don't want to take my camera out as it would probably end up broken. Fun stories though, especially Sat night --

We camped next to a dude and two girls from Canada, all three hard partiers (apparently Canadians are EXPERT drinkers). I went into Sat night thinking I wasn't going to drink until after dark but at 6:30 or so the Canadians invited us to a drinking game, so we accepted. We nearly finished off all the alcohol by 9:00 or so. During the drinking discussions and challenges (very interesting) we ended up heading to the rickshaw races on or 4 wheeler with me driving, my friend in the passenger seat, two girls in bikinis hanging off the front and back, and the Canadian guy hanging off the back as well.

But the one girl burned her leg pretty bad on the engine exhaust, so after getting her patched up I drove her back to camp and decided to hang out and sober up by the campfire. We talked for a couple hours and had an awesome time talking about the drag races and the NHL (Canadians - go figure).

BTW, all three were very into the drag races, the two girls were very intelligent -- the girl who burned her leg is going for her masters in business management, the other is a chef going back to school for food science.

The Canadian dude came back with the other girl around 12:30, and they were wasted. The dude had a giant gash in his leg and blood all over his jeans and went to bed immediately. At that point I was totally sober so I started talking with the other girl, where discussions led to me asking why she liked drag racing - which led to an hour and a half discussion about the drags. Again, a great night!

btw - 1 win and 1 loss at the rickshaw races

Looking forward to next year already!

nick - you're a regular casanova - yeah, better sharpen up on your
NHL vernacular when hanging with those canucks eh? :D

The one girl said she played "Ball Hockey"... I grew up playing "street hockey" so hearing them refer to it as ball hockey got a funny look from me every time I heard it.

Those hard headed Canadians ... she was calling Sidney Crosby a P-word because he was benched for nearly a year with concussion symptoms. I tried explaining how serious concussions are and how they can be career ending but she was having none of that...

That would be at least 3 taken out of BIR in an ambulance.. I saw two with my own eyes - one Fri night at the 4 corners, one Sat during the rain delay near Jag Bar
We were riding or pit scooters around the zoo on Wed evening and we had just passed a guy, when all of a sudden a bolt of lightning nailed him, and they had to transport him out by air.

We were riding or pit scooters around the zoo on Wed evening and we had just passed a guy, when all of a sudden a bolt of lightning nailed him, and they had to transport him out by air.

The Judge Bar was collecting money for him all weekend. Rumors were that he doesn't have any medical coverage. The lightning bolt got him in the head and went out through his underarm.

Nick, she was coming on to you.

I grew up in Michigan, played a lot of hockey in the upper midwest and Canada and never heard ball hockey.

This chick had lots of fun with lots of dudes over the weekend... neither she or her friend came on to me ... :confused: ... must be this wedding ring I always wear :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back