Brainerd discussions (1 Viewer)

We camped next to a dude and two girls from Canada, all three hard partiers (apparently Canadians are EXPERT drinkers).

It took you THIS LONG to make that discovery?? :p

I found this out at the first edition of this race in 1982! :D

( To this day, I STILL call it the Northstar Nats!)
oldfart.gif

After reading the reports from the event's first two days, I drove from Winnipeg Saturday night, arriving in Brainerd at 4:30 Sunday morning. I was sooo happy that I did. This was the first time I had attended the national event since 1997 and I'm hoping to return next year. All I have to do is find a place to sleep. :D

I shot about 125 pictures and should have them online in the next couple of days. In the meantime, here's the Top Fuel winner on his way to recording top speed of the meet in the first round.

7822985382_85fa552324_b.jpg

Last edited:
didn't think we were done with brainerd yet did you?'

fairly good representation of the campground at one the best locations
to hang.....the judges (formerly the jag) bar.
a few familiar faces.

Actually, it's always been the "Judges Bar".... according to the people who run it. However, most people call it the Jag bar because that's what they serve. (as you know)

Great pics! I'm glad you took them so that if I want to re-live the race I can check yours out. I alway's regret bringing a camera to events because I want to see the event through my own eyes and not the camera lens.... but come January with a foot of snow on the ground I regret not bringing a camera when I want to remember it.

Too much work and not enough time to do it....some of us cant live the playboy lifestyle you got!
I hear your going to hangout with Sammy Hagar in Mexico. So now who is living the playboy lifestyle. :D Your mom made hot dogs for all of us today at the jr dragster race in Joliet.:) I'm about an hour away from Forces shop right now. cya later

Last edited:
ok joe, i conceed, you are rite not all campers are watching the drag racing.
listen @ 1:03........they're behind the bleachers about 100 yards.
have no idea what day this was.

sled skipping in the pond at bir zoo 2012 - YouTube

This was Friday. They announced that they were going to be doing this after the race over the PA.. but I remember they were doing them during the last session before the session ended. I don't recall seeing them Saturday.

Great pics! I'm glad you took them so that if I want to re-live the race I can check yours out. I alway's regret bringing a camera to events because I want to see the event through my own eyes and not the camera lens.... but come January with a foot of snow on the ground I regret not bringing a camera when I want to remember it.

Thanks! I had the same thought during the race, but I decided to keep shooting. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back