Brainerd discussions (1 Viewer)

FC138fan

Nitro Member
It's almost Christmas for me... BIR in 2 weeks! I've been monitoring the entry lists for the past few weeks - Things to look forward to:

23 Top Fuel Entries
18 Funnycar Entries
25 Pro Sock - Noticed Paul Pittman is entered, not sure if the entry is left from prior to the wreck though

13 Alcohol Dragsters
8 Alcohol FC's

Restored all the functions of my ATV over the summer, and have a massive pile of firewood to burn at the party known as the zoo!

DO IT!

nick, they're charging $1 for each piece of firewood thru the gate this year.
yes, paul was entered prior to denver.

Last edited:
nick, they're charging $1 for each piece of firewood thru the gate this year.
yes, paul was entered prior to denver.

Where did you hear this info?

A dollar for a piece of firewood? That's kinda outrageous... I guess if they sell firewood there and want to create a monopoly on wood they could do that - sucks for the customers but business is business...

I just called the ticket office and got a gal that said she said I would not be charged... I then tried to verify that if I rolled up in a truck with a bunch of firewood in the back they wouldn't say anything- where she then said she was un-sure and told me to call back tomorrow.

I guess Ill call back tomorrow.

I might be speaking too soon... do MN parks charge you to bring in firewood?

Thanks for the heads up, would have really sucked if I pulled in only to be asked for a firewood surcharge.

UPDATE - Looking in the 2011 fan guide "Firewood should be purchased at BIR to prevent the spread of invasive pests"

note the key word "should"... I did call previously and asked specifically if there were any restrictions on fire wood, the person said "just don't bring any rotten or bug infested wood" and I'd be fine... no mention of a fee.

Last edited:
lmao!! - just funnin' ya'......oh man, you called the track....funny stuff!!!
they'll have you pegged for sure rolling thru the gate; better wear your
clinton disguise and tellem' monica asked you to bring it.

LOL! You almost threw a wrench in my "relax by the fire" concept in the zoo this year... good one!

I will not be wearing the Bill costume this year, as I had more fun without it last year!

Are you going to camp this year?

LMAO!!!

What does it say about the Brainerd management if Nick even entertained that seriously????;)

the present owners of BIR do a great job with
the facility and hosting the lucas oil nationals.
the atv and camping fees are IMO worth every penny.

It's almost Christmas for me... BIR in 2 weeks! I've been monitoring the entry lists for the past few weeks - Things to look forward to:

23 Top Fuel Entries
18 Funnycar Entries
25 Pro Sock - Noticed Paul Pittman is entered, not sure if the entry is left from prior to the wreck though

13 Alcohol Dragsters
8 Alcohol FC's

Restored all the functions of my ATV over the summer, and have a massive pile of firewood to burn at the party known as the zoo!

DO IT!
I know the entry list isn't always accurate, but I sure would like to see a higher car count for the alky ranks.

I, unfortunately, will not be able to make it this year. Eldest son's wedding is that weekend (WTF was he thinking picking that date?????:mad:) and Ms Rocket has promised severe, painful & ugly consequences if I even entertain the notion of trying to fit in a one day trip up there.

I believe her.

I know the entry list isn't always accurate, but I sure would like to see a higher car count for the alky ranks.

I agree... I don't know why the counts are so low for them. I grew up watching the alky cars at the "local" division 3 event in OH (grew up in Pittsburgh) so I have an affinity towards them. Love how some of the alky cars pull up and stop just after the waterbox, rev it up and drop the clutch and do a high RPM and long length burnout.

The last great turnout for alcohol funny car was 2005...Manzo, Payne, Newberry, Moates and more. I think it was more than 16 total if I remember correctly.

will the DSR revised canopy make it's first appearance @ BIR?

I read an article that said typically DSR trailers go directly from Seattle to BIR. This year they are going back to Indy to fit the canopy with the modifications (and get final approval) prior to heading to BIR. It said they hope to have at least one car will have the enclosed canopy.

I'm going to expect to see it there.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back