Brainerd discussions (1 Viewer)

It's almost Christmas for me... BIR in 2 weeks! I've been monitoring the entry lists for the past few weeks - Things to look forward to:

23 Top Fuel Entries
18 Funnycar Entries
25 Pro Sock - Noticed Paul Pittman is entered, not sure if the entry is left from prior to the wreck though

13 Alcohol Dragsters
8 Alcohol FC's

Restored all the functions of my ATV over the summer, and have a massive pile of firewood to burn at the party known as the zoo!

DO IT!

I would love to go, but this close to Indy! No way..

I would love to go, but this close to Indy! No way..

I don't know if Indy - or any track - has (or had) something similar to what BIR has in the zoo... an on-site campground full of fans, racers, live music, and everyone (well, 98% of them) are out to have a blast all weekend long. I've been to a ton of races, and racing is racing... but the zoo adds so much to the weekend. I highly recommend it!

Nick, I am here at BIR now, and I did't see any Dot on the way here.

I figured when it was found that the bikes were from Sturgis that DOT wasn't the problem.

Hope you and the gang have the best of luck this weekend. You are definitely a fan favorite up here.

Does the Bode gang make rounds in the zoo over the weekend?

indy campground is a blast / BIR is a blast x2
been to both - prefer BIR.
same cars, just a few more and a little more variety @ indy.
same campers, just a few more and a little more variety @ BIR. :)

indy campground is a blast / BIR is a blast x2
been to both - prefer BIR.
same cars, just a few more and a little more variety @ indy.
same campers, just a few more and a little more variety @ BIR. :)

If your trying to compare the Car counts at Brainerd to Indy don't even go there! They added Both TF/FC shoots this year, not to mention both Sportsman shootouts! If it wasn't for The Zoo, I doubt Brainerd would even be on the Schedule, even though 80% of the Zoo Zealots don't even watch the Drags!

actually mark the race i would prefer over both is the cordova world series.
BIR is too close & convenient.

After 20 plus years of BIR, I gave up on going there. Luckily I found the world series in cordova as a replacement. Try it sometime, it's a blast. Great bang for your buck.

actually mark the race i would prefer over both is the cordova world series.
BIR is too close & convenient.

I was trying to convince the wife about what a great idea it would be for us to go visit her cousin who lives in Davenport, IA on Aug 24 & 25, which is about a 30 minute drive from Cordova. I didn't fool her. She knew I was trying for the Trifecta.:D

I don't know if Indy - or any track - has (or had) something similar to what BIR has in the zoo... an on-site campground full of fans, racers, live music, and everyone (well, 98% of them) are out to have a blast all weekend long. I've been to a ton of races, and racing is racing... but the zoo adds so much to the weekend. I highly recommend it!

I figured when it was found that the bikes were from Sturgis that DOT wasn't the problem.

Hope you and the gang have the best of luck this weekend. You are definitely a fan favorite up here.

Does the Bode gang make rounds in the zoo over the weekend?
Thank's for the support. We are excited to see how our new combo will work on a cool track. The whole team trys to get some time to go to the zoo at least one time during the weekend. I usually arrive a couple of days before the rest of the team, and I stay a day or two after they leave, so I spend a little more time in there then they do. Actually I just got back from the zoo.

I have a great idea for a T-shirt I'm going to wear Friday...

forSM.jpg

After 20 plus years of BIR, I gave up on going there. Luckily I found the world series in cordova as a replacement. Try it sometime, it's a blast. Great bang for your buck.

started going to world series in 1975 (was 9) through about
1987.....miss that race a lot, glad to hear you enjoy it.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back