Brainerd friends of Nitromater (2 Viewers)

FC138fan

Nitro Member
I will be camping Friday and Saturday night again this year. In the past, we've been camping on the fringe of the zoo in a nice quiet area... but spend most of the time in the zoo - so going back and forth between the two alot. I was thinking of setting up camp in the zoo this year to minimize travel time.

Anyway, I will be bringing a golf cart sized ATV this year that I'll be hauling up on a trailer. There will only be two of us going up again, enough to sit in the atv.

The trailer Im hauling the ATV on could probably hitch onto the back of the ATV and be pulled around the zoo - and to the track. If we zip tied some seats on board we could hold another 4 plus a beer cooler at least.

Does anyone want to camp next to us either in the zoo or just adjacent to the zoo and ride around? I could maybe make up a posterboard and call the ride "Friends of Nitromater" or something. The more the merrier.

I was also discussing the possibility of setting up a portable generator and hooking up my PS2 and a TV to play Guitar Hero during down time... always a good time!

Anyone interested?

I love it.
Counting the days.

hellyeah.jpg

If you can provide the women, Ill provide the trailer! Unfortunately being married for the past 9 years and at the age of 30 I don't know any girls that like to have that much fun!

Just bring back the Bill Clinton costume

That's coming for sure! People loved that thing... I won't have the Honda 110 with wheelie bar this year though I upgraded to this bigger ATV - It was wild though how many ladies wanted a pic with me -- err Bill -- on it. What was wild was older women were funner then the younger ones!

I had the idea of bringing a generator for the PS2 with guitar hero, set that up on the trailer and have a "Challenge Bill Clinton at Guitar Hero" theme. Drive that around the zoo. That might be fun, I'm trying to work out the details now.

......What was wild was older women were funner then the younger ones! .......

well that goes without saying

bill clinton fairly talented with beer bong too - witnessed
last year......good talent there nick (er Bill)....maybe should get a kennedy
mask for swilling :rolleyes:

well that goes without saying

bill clinton fairly talented with beer bong too - witnessed
last year......good talent there nick (er Bill)....maybe should get a kennedy
mask for swilling :rolleyes:

To be honest, that was my first beer bong. I wasn't prepared for how much pressure there would be so half of it spilled all over me.

Another first the previous year... first time I got sick from too much alcohol! Lesson learned and that didn't happen last year.

Amazing what the zoo does to a mild mannered civil engineer once a year! I guess Im catching up on those parties I missed in college due to studying and working non stop!

What a setup they have there though, watch the drags all day, then at night - a completely enclosed campground within the racetrack... drink all you want with no worries of having to drive home or deal with kids and wife the next morning (if you leave them at home - like me).

Everyone who goes, Have FUN!! I LOVE that Race!!

We're working very hard to be back on track in a couple of months, so Brainerd is on the Schedule for 2012 in the Funny Car!!!

Doesn't look like any other Maters are camping this year. We've determined we are going to set up camp in the same area we have been, in a quieter area outside the zoo. This area has been getting less and less people over the past two years so I expect alot of space there again. No PS2, just a frisbee, football, and the bean bag game.

Looks like 19 car fields in both fuel classes, so good qualifying action. I will be experimenting with ear muffs and a radio underneath the muffs as suggested to hear the on track commentary during the race. I think theres been rain the past two years from what I remember, so we are due for a rain free weekend, long term forecast shows rain Friday, but Im sure thatll change several times, temps comfortable in the 70s.

Is it true that the Zoo tickets and Race tickets are separate?

No.

Anyone who enters BIR property has a race ticket.... anyone who wants to enter the campground (which is on BIR property) needs to pay the extra "camping" fee.

Everyone in the campground has a race ticket.

Doesn't look like any other Maters are camping this year. We've determined we are going to set up camp in the same area we have been, in a quieter area outside the zoo. This area has been getting less and less people over the past two years so I expect alot of space there again. No PS2, just a frisbee, football, and the bean bag game.

Looks like 19 car fields in both fuel classes, so good qualifying action. I will be experimenting with ear muffs and a radio underneath the muffs as suggested to hear the on track commentary during the race. I think theres been rain the past two years from what I remember, so we are due for a rain free weekend, long term forecast shows rain Friday, but Im sure thatll change several times, temps comfortable in the 70s.

Stanley work tune headphone radios work awesome...we picked up a couple pairs last year at Mills Fleet Farm...nice to hear the interviews and Bob Frey while the fuel cars are running !

Doesn't look like any other Maters are camping this year.

I'll be there from Sunday to Monday (9 days) but I'm not camping in the ZOO. I have one of the condos next to the pro pits.

I saw Bill Clinton last year but didn't realize that was you until I saw pictures here on Nitromater after the race was over. I'll look for you this year.

Only 4 more days for me! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back