BRAINERD! Who's going??? (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
Hey guys.... Brainerd is right around the corner.... We'll be there Sunday night/Monday morning (yes, thats correct, you NEED to be there that early get a prime spot in the ZOO! There is hundreds of people waiting to get in) It's a great time all week. We are on the main road on the right side as you get to the T before the band shell.

2005-
BIR.jpg

As seen on TV-

BIR2.jpg

Last edited:
We are going up

this is my 11th year.

Woudln't miss it for anyhting.

Lets plan a mater meeting this year.

IN THE ZOO............

I'm bumming!!

I will not be able to make it this year for several reasons. :( :(

Not too happy about it, but nothing to be done about it.

Shoot. :(

figure about a two hour drive as the twin cities airport is on southern side
of metro area. if you're flying, check on connecting flights to
brainerd's airport - drove by it in june....runway expansion....booming area.
brainerd airport about 10 miles from track.
One couple in our group is there sat. night / in on sunday a.m. - good for
me - work through mid thurs., head down there, arrive arround 6pm.
saved parking/camping spot. costs me a box of beer each year:D

Total Est. Time: 2 hours, 49 minutes.
That's about average, if you don't hit 494 during rush hour. One mistake can turn 494 into a parking lot. It doesn't matter so much when you are going to Brainerd from MSP, but unless I have an afternoon or evening flight out of MSP the day after an event in Brainerd, I always get a hotel room close to the airport the night before.

I'll be there, don't know where I'm staying, do know it won't be in the campground, but I will have some fun!

Bob

I’ll be there with 3 friends. We should arrive at the track by Thursday afternoon and plan to stay until the last pass on Sunday night. We wont be camping at the track but we WILL be enjoying the “scenery” in the ZOO on Friday and Saturday night!!!

Hey Paul, (Stardust)
We missed you last year by just a few minutes, Hopefully this year we’ll have a beer together!! I know where you camp, I’ll be looking for you!! Did they fill in that ditch by your camp….. I can’t remember???

That's about average, if you don't hit 494 during rush hour. One mistake can turn 494 into a parking lot. It doesn't matter so much when you are going to Brainerd from MSP, but unless I have an afternoon or evening flight out of MSP the day after an event in Brainerd, I always get a hotel room close to the airport the night before.

I'll be there, don't know where I'm staying, do know it won't be in the campground, but I will have some fun!

Bob

Bob,
494 is crazy right now with road construction from about HWY 62 to HWY 394. I haven’t been through there for about 2 weeks but the last time I was it was stop and go!! It’s only a few mile stretch but it took forever!! I drive a dump truck here in town and the traffic is absolutely terrible this year!! A few months ago I went to Cross Lake for the weekend. I take the same way to Cross Lake as I do when I go to the track (Cross Lake is north of Brainerd International Raceway) I left on a Friday afternoon, about 2pm, it took me 2 ½ hours just to get to Rogers Minnesota!!! (that should normally take me about 40 minutes) Once I got to Rogers, my transmission finally hit 3rd gear for the first time!!!! If you, or anyone else reading this, plan to drive through the Twin Cities any time after about 2:30/3:00 in the afternoon to get to the race track….. Be prepared for stop and go traffic!!! Even sections of highway that aren’t under construction barely creep at a snails pace!!!

See ya at the track!!
Brian

Yeah they filled it in..... :mad: We built a brand new bridge and didn't even get to use it more then 1 year. It's probabaly a good thing though, we were having drunks fall off our bridge on a nightly basis almost. We hung up banners and signs with an opening similar to where the bridge used to be, so we still almost get the same amount of traffic through there. Look for the FUN_O_METER again.

I am visiting a good friend in MPLS that weekend (strange coincidence?) and taking him to his first race on sunday. We'll drive up on saturday and camp. I am PUMPED!

Will this be your first time in Brainerd?
If so, I think you’ll enjoy it!!

Well, look who the cat drug in! Where ya been hidin', Pat?

Been hid'in in my office, the fab shop and the race shop working 16 hour days 7 days week. Can't wait for a day or 2 of R&R at Brainerd. It is going to be a fun and busy weekend. The crew is ready to have a little fun...

Been hid'in in my office, the fab shop and the race shop working 16 hour days 7 days week. Can't wait for a day or 2 of R&R at Brainerd. It is going to be a fun and busy weekend. The crew is ready to have a little fun...
Hmmm... that's funny, Jason said you were mostly napping with your feet up on the desk while he did all the work on the car. You're gonna have to keep a closer eye on that guy, Pat. :D

But seriously, I hope you have a great weekend at Brainerd and are able to make some more headway on your program. I know you guys have put a TON of work into it.

Who's going to Brainerd?

I might have missed it in the campground tales, but whose going to Brainerd? After a year in Japan without live racing I'm going to get my fix in Brainerd and would like meet up with some Maters. I fly in Thursday.:D
Semper Fi
D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back