BRAINERD! Who's going??? (1 Viewer)

It may be slightly off-topic, but thank you for your service, DeVallion, and enjoy the races at Brainerd, Devil Dog. After a year in Oki, you deserve a little nitro! ;)

I wish I could go to Brainerd, but while you guys will be watching qualifying runs on Saturday, I'll be getting ready for my 10-year high school reunion.

Sigh.

It may be slightly off-topic, but thank you for your service, DeVallion, and enjoy the races at Brainerd, Devil Dog. After a year in Oki, you deserve a little nitro! ;)

I wish I could go to Brainerd, but while you guys will be watching qualifying runs on Saturday, I'll be getting ready for my 10-year high school reunion.

Sigh.

Thanks, I sure you'll enjoy the reunion, I missed my 10 and 20 year reunions. I'll take a big snort of nitro for you.

S/F
D

I should be home for a while. I'm off active duty and looking for a job, maybe one that will take me back to Asia

D

Thanks, I'm hoping to sneak in a few races before I get back in the rat race.

D

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/734/1999/1600/Brainerd Golfcart2.jpg

This was me @ Brainerd last year, loaded down with beads and headin' for "The Zoo" !!
...Not my favorite track but MY FAVORITE RACE !!!
Brainerd%20Golfcart2.jpg

I was able to hit Brainerd in 98 and remember the chainsaw engine driven Maragrita mixer and the motorized picnic tables. I should be able to indulge in the fun this time around.

S/F
D:D

Thanks, I sure you'll enjoy the reunion, I missed my 10 and 20 year reunions. I'll take a big snort of nitro for you.

S/F
D

Oh I am sure I will enjoy the reunion. I'm quite curious to see the folks I went to school with.
Yay! I love to live vicariously through people.

I was at the race at Pacific Raceways a couple weekends ago. I am just a click away from booking my trip to Vegas at the end of October. I'm just waiting for my husband to finalize the time off with his boss.

It sounds like you've earned your nitro fix. Heh. Just a week away...hope I can make it til then. TV coverage is better than nothing at all. :D

True, the upside of being on Okinawa these days is the on base cable system carried ESPN Austrailia/Pacific Rim, so if I wasn't deployed I could watch the races after staying up all night listening to them on the internet. I'm curious to see some of the folks I went to school with, one of my buddies is still on active duty and just finished up his first tour of Iraq.

D

True, the upside of being on Okinawa these days is the on base cable system carried ESPN Austrailia/Pacific Rim, so if I wasn't deployed I could watch the races after staying up all night listening to them on the internet. I'm curious to see some of the folks I went to school with, one of my buddies is still on active duty and just finished up his first tour of Iraq.

D

Ahhh yes, those hot & sticky days in Northeastern Okinawa (Camp Schwab).
Miss the ol' "white flag" and "black flag" days of summer. NOT ! ;) So where were you DP ? Schwab.... Hansen....Foster....? Welcome home young man

I was with MTACS-18 on MCAS Futenma. Very rarely went up to Hansen, only hit Schwab once. I spent a lot of time in Korea and a little time in Thailand

S/F
D

I'm a long time reader of the "Matter" but a first time poster. Have been going to BIR for about 8 years now. I will pick up my son in the "Cities" and be at BIR Fri- Sun. Meeting at the nitro mall is good for me cause I'm not camping there.

Let me know when & where
Ken

Chef Dale, another Devil Dog? ;)

My grandfather was a Marine. And I have written a couple of articles about a local Marine -- heck, he turns 20 on Monday, damn -- who served in Iraq and was injured by an IED. The past nine months or so I've been lucky to be welcomed at another online community dedicated to Marines and have learned quite a bit about the Corps. One being that you find them in some of the most interesting places.

Anyway, I don't wish to de-rail the thread.

It's nice to find Marines who like drag racing, too. Yay!

how bout' friday nite in front of the pallet fire,
i'll be the guy holding a beer:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back