Who's going to Pomona? (1 Viewer)

HotRodCrazyBob

Nitro Member
So who’s going to Pomona?
Is there going to be a “mater meeting?” My band isn’t playing for the RFC Chapel Sunday morning so I shouldn’t have to exit the stands so fast on Sat night.
Anyone needing hotel stuff my kid works for the Best Western Inn & Suites by the Ontario Airport and they are offering some specials. (no I don’t get anything if you stay there = ha!) Send me an instant message or email me and I’ll send you the flier I got from her today.

I think Sandy Hayder usually has some racer deals at her place over in Covina too.

Light the 1st pair – see you all at the races!:)

Last edited:
we'll be there. My boys running all Div 7 this year. I hope you still come to RFC service. BTW We will be at Matco's Hospitality area again this year. (thank you VERY much Mike and crew) See ya all there! :)

:) all 4 days
Come on in! The water is fine!
I took this pic last Sunday.....

roadstershow219.jpg

So who’s going to Pomona?
Is there going to be a “mater meeting?” My band isn’t playing for the RFC Chapel Sunday morning so I shouldn’t have to exit the stands so fast on Sat night.
Anyone needing hotel stuff my kid works for the Best Western Inn & Suites by the Ontario Airport and they are offering some specials. (no I don’t get anything if you stay there = ha!) Send me an instant message or email me and I’ll send you the flier I got from her today.

I think Sandy Hayder usually has some racer deals at her place over in Covina too.

Light the 1st pair – see you all at the races!:)

Hey Hot Rod Crazy Bob! How you been, long time! Yes I will be there 3 days, can't wait! Can't wait to see everybody.:D

I'll be there all 4 days! My first Pomona.

Check out this picture from maps.live.com using the "Bird's Eye" feature. I'd guess it was taken from just before one of last year's Pomona events. The haulers were lining up ready to enter and the Nitro Mall was already set up.

pomona.jpg

Oh yeah, what about a Mater Meeting? The usual 10AM Sunday in front of the Nitro Mall? Do you guys usually do any others for Pomona?

Traditionally, there is another one after the last Pro qualifying on Saturday, I usually show up 5-10 mins later because they run round 2 of comp eliminator after the pros.

I dont beleive any of you know me here...but we will be at Pomona as well. Anyone who would like to say hi can stop by the TURNEDUP.COM Racing Pit...I promise to be nice! ;)

I`ll be there with one of my buddies and the brother in law from Fri-Sun. Staying at the Ontario Airport Marriott.

I was thinking I might go! Only Saturday and Sunday Have a Nursing class starting on the 10 that I have to finish. Hey Bob! whats up. No more Hotels for me after 30 years I got out alive lol. Selling nursing now.

This Mornings forecast improved a little = looks like the wet stuff could be here for Fri and Sat = Sunday has improved a little.

We’ve seen this before. A few years back (prior to live internet) I was listening to the NHRA Staging control on my radio scanner. It was raining at my house (15 minutes away) and they were calling the 1st round of Pro qualifying to the lanes!!!! I jumped in my truck and rolled “Code 2-1/2” to get there just as the 1st pair were in the water box!

I'm optimistic we should have at least 3 out of 4 days of racing!!:)

I've learned to never trust weather forcasts until the Wed.-THurs. before the race.
And I never trust what The Weather Channel forecasts anyways. Accuweather, imo is more reliable. But, it`s going to do what it`s going to do, plenty of other things to do in the Southland if it rains....Magic Mountain in the rain is always fun!

And I never trust what The Weather Channel forecasts anyways. Accuweather, imo is more reliable. But, it`s going to do what it`s going to do, plenty of other things to do in the Southland if it rains....Magic Mountain in the rain is always fun!

I can't count all the Fun things we've done during rainouts there, plenty of entertainment options that's for sure!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back