The ZOO (Who, what, where, when) (1 Viewer)

We'll be cruzing the ZOO in a new ride, first true ZOO worthy vehicle. We will be arriving early Thursday staying all weekend. We like to sleep so we may stay in a "quiet" area. Our ride is called D.C. Express which comes from where it was built, Door County WI, in its previous life was a 1982 Chevy truck, still resembles it though.
The ZOO is a great time on of the biggest parties you will every go to!

We'll be cruzing the ZOO in a new ride, first true ZOO worthy vehicle. We will be arriving early Thursday staying all weekend. We like to sleep so we may stay in a "quiet" area. Our ride is called D.C. Express which comes from where it was built, Door County WI, in its previous life was a 1982 Chevy truck, still resembles it though.

Welcome abord the Mater, Michael!!!:D

Pat, You were finally able to get your watch set to "Ness Time" and have a car again?

As the sign reads at Ness's shop:

"If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done."

Jason and Brad are up there right now assembling the car. The Rear End was just dropped of at Hard Chrome in Minneapolis for a little Electroless Nickel job. Had to call in a few favors on that one for a 5 hour turn around. It should be ready to go at 5:00 pm today. Then we will finish the assembly. The Decal guy will be there this afternoon putting on the Graphics thanks to Mike and Dean Bauerly.

Got a few things we will finish at the shop here and then we will be on the road. Jerry will be leaving from NC tomorrow and arriving in Earlville Saturday afternoon with 2 or 3 fresh bullets.

As far as "Ness Time" goes...we will have to see how long it takes to get the second car now. The Chassis is done wiating to get the body mounted. I have all the Brackets, parts and 2 more Rear End Assemblies ready for Don and the troops to get it done. It has been a lot of late nights Lasering and Forming parts for Racecraft. But hey at least I have moved them into the year 2007 when it comes to Fabricating Sheet Metal.

Don still thinks he is better and faster than my Lasers and CNC Press Brakes...a standing joke between the 2 of us...

Now the decision is...who is driving. Me or Jerry? I did build this car for Jerry. It is Jerry's call...

mite not make it till sat. a.m. this year - combination of work and a family
vacation (no, BIR is not a family vacation) towards the end of the month
have put a crimp on available time this month. haven't missed friday nite
qualifying since 1988. damn. anxious to see new return road.

As the sign reads at Ness's shop:

Now the decision is...who is driving. Me or Jerry? I did build this car for Jerry. It is Jerry's call...

Well if Mr. Hemmingson ends up as the pilot, you may have to bring an extra pallet of beverages with you then.

Regardless, best of luck to you.

P.S. If you want you can drive my Super Gas car to practice up on your finish line skills, I'm sure 160 mph won't be quite the same as 200 mph+ but at least it's got doors.;)

Last edited:
Any word on what bands are playing? I know last year the big rumor was all the Jager bands were going to show up. Although one 2nd stage Jager band did play it wasn't the names that were flying around.

This year we have 2 friends who are planning to attend their first drag race EVER and will be camping in the ZOO in a pop-up camper!!! :eek: :D We told them.... "don't plan on going to bed very early and don't plan on sleeping in very late". They have NO CLUE what they are in for!! :D

Ahhh Zoo virgins :cool: send them our way. We agree typically on Friday and Saturday night we plan on not being able to sleep until 4:30am unless we medicate enough to fall asleep earlier, depends on what type of toddy were enjoying. Between run naps are manditory. We will be in the far S/W corner just before the trees on the fence side of the dirt road. Look for the white suburban, red Honda four wheeler and two green dome tents.

perhaps we need a ZOO mater meeting.

centrally located in the zoo.......

any ideas????????

Sat an hour or 2 after qualifying is over. thats generally when the pro's
lurk the zoo. That would be a good time.

perhaps we need a ZOO mater meeting.

centrally located in the zoo.......

any ideas????????

Sat an hour or 2 after qualifying is over. thats generally when the pro's
lurk the zoo. That would be a good time.

Someone has GOT to take pictures of that!!! I bet someone will be wearing a lampshade on their head!!!

The zoo looks like alot of fun,you do that in pa at the Grove you will get arrested,lol.
The last couple of years the "Police" patrol has been increasing the pumpkin inspections and warnings but no trouble yet. Hope there budget and participation was reduced this year so we can promote bead/pumpkin trading and 4 wheelers past 10:00pm.

I bet someone will be wearing a lampshade on their head!!!

Or a ZORO mask like a certain PRO driver was wearing last year! :eek::eek::eek:

Similar to this one....
ZorroEyeMask.jpg

Pat,

Jerry who? Are you talking about the Jerry I'm thinking about?

Ummm???? maybe...

After all if it wasn't for Jerry and Cheryl I wouldn't be doing this. The debt I owe them I don't think I can repay (same goes for my Crew).

Well if Mr. Hemmingson ends up as the pilot, you may have to bring an extra pallet of beverages with you then.

Regardless, best of luck to you.

P.S. If you want you can drive my Super Gas car to practice up on your finish line skills, I'm sure 160 mph won't be quite the same as 200 mph+ but at least it's got doors.;)

We just need to keep those Chute Lines out from under the Wheelie Bars. That really messes up the Wallet.

Latest news is the Graphics are on, the Rear End will be done at 6:30 pm and I will be sitting in the seat by 8:30 pm for all the final adjustments. Now what to do about working tomorrow??? I feel a slight chill, I may be coming down with something...

We'll be there Monday night.... FUN O METER on the main drag in, can't miss it... It will have a NEW look this year.

Here are some pics (ones I can show) from last year to set the mood.

Mood set, thanks for the pic's Paul. We remember the fun-O-meter fondly and I and my wife alway's contributed to raising the "pointer" though my wife received more of a response. ;) You might have seen us drive buy, a couple of years ago we painted/vinyled our white surburban to look like a white tiger, hard to miss.

I'll be there Tuesday afternoon. We take a weekend away from running our own program to watch the big boys play. Oh yeah, and have a couple beers. We camp waaaay out in the zoo where it quiets down (a little) around 3:00 AM. Been in that same spot for 8 years. I have a blue EZ GO golf cart with checkered flags on the sides and a chevy bowtie on the front. If you see me cruisin' along stop me, I usually have a cold one in the cooler. Welcome to DBK Racing

Will do Kevin, might have to print out all these discriptions so I can remember who's who. See you there S/W corner of the Zoo, fence side, white suburban.

COLD ONE!! We're all in!! Actually we are usually right behind Paul and the fun meter up the hill some, been there a few years (ever since they booted us out of Family Camping to make the reserved sites and ski pond (puddle)). Big silver canopy, a white one straped to it with our on demand hot water heater shower, and the BIRB (BIR Bus). After you stop by Paul's, swing up the hill and we'll have one. We get there Sunday afternoon and stay at our pal's place (Fast Frank, the firewood guy if THAT rings any bells!), and in right away Mon. Morning. Golf on Tues, drink the rest of the week. Cant wait, stop by!

Mark, no wonder you get such a good spot, setting up Monday morning and all. We don't usually get there until Thursday afternoon. Hot water shower! Now you have my attention. We just baught one of those bag showers for 100 bucks but haven't tested it out yet. It would be nice to have a back up wink, wink. Never met Frank, we bring our own fire wood but I'm sure we've raised our beers as we buzzed by.

I would like to know just how many "Keg-erators" there are at The Zoo. If anyone out there could just give us a general idea, I would greatly appreciate it. :D

I'm sure there are a bunch but never had the ability to count that well while attending BIR Nationals. Couldn't spell or walk that good neither now that I thunk about it.

We'll keep an eye out for ya.

Any word on what bands are playing? I know last year the big rumor was all the Jager bands were going to show up. Although one 2nd stage Jager band did play it wasn't the names that were flying around.

No clue but I'd sure like to know. Actually last year we kind of "forgot" there was band. Started hitting the Crown Royal a wee bit early that day, oops.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back