The ZOO (Who, what, where, when) (1 Viewer)

pog

Nitro Member
This will be our 5th year attending the Nationals at BIR in Brainerd MN. We no longer consider ourselves noobies and we would like to know who will be attending this year and who might be camping in the Zoo? Hope to meet some new friends and share some good times with some old friends. We will be camping in the S/W corner of the primitive camping area near Captains corner or what was formerly known Captains Corner. Bring your beads!

BEADS????.............................Sounds Kinky!!! :D

I love watching the footage of The Zoo. My favorites are the motorized living room furniture that everyone piles onto! I will have to make it up there some year!

I'll be there again this year. I haven't camped in the ZOO for many years but I usually party in there on either Friday or Saturday night then head back to the hotel for some peace and quiet. (someone in our group will volunteer to be sober driver) This year I plan to be in Brainerd by Tuesday afternoon and will spend Tues. and Wed. night in a friend's RV in the pits then check into my room on Thursday.

This year we have 2 friends who are planning to attend their first drag race EVER and will be camping in the ZOO in a pop-up camper!!! :eek: :D We told them.... "don't plan on going to bed very early and don't plan on sleeping in very late". They have NO CLUE what they are in for!! :D

The zoo looks like alot of fun,you do that in pa at the Grove you will get arrested,lol.

We'll be there Monday night.... FUN O METER on the main drag in, can't miss it... It will have a NEW look this year.

Here are some pics (ones I can show) from last year to set the mood.

4d3f4e9f.jpg

17a787d9.jpg

P8110063.jpg

P8110064.jpg

my camping partners will be outside the track this coming sunday.
thank goodness, because i'd never get where i get later in the week
without them.
thanks for the pics paul.

Please bring back pics of "pumpkins" for your friends here on 'mater.
:D
K,
THX
BYE
:D

Pumpkins..Ahhh yes lots of pictures of pumpkins. You could probably post them off site and then only the maters could use our secret decoder ring to get to them....

Have fun.
jim

I'll be there Tuesday afternoon. We take a weekend away from running our own program to watch the big boys play. Oh yeah, and have a couple beers. We camp waaaay out in the zoo where it quiets down (a little) around 3:00 AM. Been in that same spot for 8 years. I have a blue EZ GO golf cart with checkered flags on the sides and a chevy bowtie on the front. If you see me cruisin' along stop me, I usually have a cold one in the cooler. Welcome to DBK Racing

I'll be there Tuesday afternoon. We take a weekend away from running our own program to watch the big boys play. Oh yeah, and have a couple beers. We camp waaaay out in the zoo where it quiets down (a little) around 3:00 AM. Been in that same spot for 8 years. I have a blue EZ GO golf cart with checkered flags on the sides and a chevy bowtie on the front. If you see me cruisin' along stop me, I usually have a cold one in the cooler. Welcome to DBK Racing

COLD ONE!! We're all in!! Actually we are usually right behind Paul and the fun meter up the hill some, been there a few years (ever since they booted us out of Family Camping to make the reserved sites and ski pond (puddle)). Big silver canopy, a white one straped to it with our on demand hot water heater shower, and the BIRB (BIR Bus). After you stop by Paul's, swing up the hill and we'll have one. We get there Sunday afternoon and stay at our pal's place (Fast Frank, the firewood guy if THAT rings any bells!), and in right away Mon. Morning. Golf on Tues, drink the rest of the week. Cant wait, stop by!

I'm a 13 year ZOO member. Been at the same spot the whole time. Right accost the street from the big Miller Lite camp site. I wonder if it will be the Skytel sight this year???? Something tells me no.

Can't wait to get up there...........

Kevin...we will be at Earlville this weekend with a little luck shaking down a new car...then off to BIR on Wednesday night. Stop by and see us in the Pits or C-13 Reserve Caming. Should be a lot of fun this year.

And Todd I'll be looking for you...

I'll be up there racing in the dreaded super-classes. I'm sure I'll make a couple of jaunts over to the other side during the event.

Pat, You were finally able to get your watch set to "Ness Time" and have a car again?

I would like to know just how many "Keg-erators" there are at The Zoo. If anyone out there could just give us a general idea, I would greatly appreciate it. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back