Brainerd friends of Nitromater (2 Viewers)

I think theres been rain the past two years from what I remember, so we are due for a rain free weekend, long term forecast shows rain Friday, but Im sure thatll change several times, temps comfortable in the 70s.

Nick, do you not know why everyone calls me "Rain Man"? It ain't cuz I'm autistic. At least I don't think I am.

Joe, yes, I've told you...camping tickets are separate from race tickets. Although you can buy a Super Week ticket that includes both, if I'm not mistaken. Sadly, BIR also keeps the admission ticket separate from a reserved seat. If you want to sit in the stands at all, they're all reserved seats. No GA seating.

Sounds like there will be a few maters there, Ill have the Clinton deal out sometime on each night so if you see me give me a high 5! The Jeag bar is a popular place for drivers so its always congested back there, good place to jump out and check things out on foot.

I'll check out Fleet Farm if I get a chance, but I saw some muffs meant for chain saw noise reduction for pretty cheap at Wal Mart. Are the team radio channels published as well? I have a scanner sitting here collecting dust I might try.

Doug, you're gonna have a great time! Just kick back a few and enjoy... check out the fireworks Sat night are on the south side, that's one of the highlights of the weekend! One more week!

No.

Anyone who enters BIR property has a race ticket.... anyone who wants to enter the campground (which is on BIR property) needs to pay the extra "camping" fee.

Everyone in the campground has a race ticket.

I heard most in the Zoo don't even attend the Drags, based on the walking distance doesn't Suprise...

I heard most in the Zoo don't even attend the Drags, based on the walking distance doesn't Suprise...

I would say at least 85% of people in the ZOO are true race fans, 10% are there because their friends are race fans, and 5% are there just for the party, but will still watch the racing just because it's there.

There is a designated parking area near the end of the grandstands, on the camp side of the track just for ZOO cruisers. (golf carts, scooters, atv's, etc, etc) When the Pros are running, this parking area is overflowing with vehicles. There are so many vehicles running around the ZOO that nobody has to walk to the grandstands, everybody just piles aboard and off they go to the races.

I'm sure there are a few people who occasionally miss a PRO session or two, but I've never met anyone who skips the races altogether. To say that "most people in the ZOO don't even attend the drags" is completely false.

Damn Sawgrass, where you born a Sh*t starter? You need to get laid bad dude!:rolleyes:

First off, it would be- Were you born a sh!t starter.

How am I a $hit starter?? You run your jaw about a bunch of wrong information over and over on every message board out there. What do you expect?? Then you break out the personal insults.

Last edited:
getting a lot of sh*t from buddies for contemplating a one day'r;
good entry lists for most all classes; stk is almost full @ 57;
son said he'd like to do 2 days; time to bite the bullet.

getting a lot of sh*t from buddies for contemplating a one day'r;
good entry lists for most all classes; stk is almost full @ 57;
son said he'd like to do 2 days; time to bite the bullet.

One day isn't enough... If I were there one day I wouldn't leave the stands and miss out on all the pit stuff.. The day goes so quick too once the pro's start.

Two is better, on the second day I will miss a round of alcohol qualifying, and probably half of PS so I can get my fill of nitro in the pits... But still feel like I missed out if I miss one of the 3 days.. so I always go for all three.

By the end of the third day (race day) I'm ready to go back home and I've had my fill of the drags for another year, 3 days of sweat, smoke, dust and bits of rubber coating my skin - satisfied that I've done all there is to do there - but still looking forward to next year.

nick, do you remember when the gate opened for the week @ 8am
on thursday?..... the infamous overflow lot - we pulled in there one year
on tuesday night not knowing what to expect; we were about 30th in line; had
a blast for 2 days and 2 nights all before we were even in the race; think we
all piled in a van and headed to the pickle factory in nisswa one night.
took us about an hour to get in thursday a.m. - we watched that overflow
lot finally emptying early thursday afternoon. (early 90's)

Mike

Ive been going to the race only since 1999 - was turned onto the zoo for the first time in 2003. Ive heard many stories about the good times people have had up there, I could only imagine how much went on in the early days considering how much still goes on when the place is loaded with security. If only young and single how cool it would be to go up there for the entire week..

I can only get away for 3 days now with kids and work, and I see you are having a tough time getting 2 days.

I just heard there are already people parked outside the front gate waiting for the campground to open on Monday morning. :eek:

now 20 TF dragsters registered

357 TF Keith L Murt Paducah KY '11 McKinney BAE 500 MURTCO INC / LA KINGS

I would say at least 85% of people in the ZOO are true race fans, 10% are there because their friends are race fans, and 5% are there just for the party, but will still watch the racing just because it's there.

There is a designated parking area near the end of the grandstands, on the camp side of the track just for ZOO cruisers. (golf carts, scooters, atv's, etc, etc) When the Pros are running, this parking area is overflowing with vehicles. There are so many vehicles running around the ZOO that nobody has to walk to the grandstands, everybody just piles aboard and off they go to the races.

I'm sure there are a few people who occasionally miss a PRO session or two, but I've never met anyone who skips the races altogether. To say that "most people in the ZOO don't even attend the drags" is completely false.

Haven't checked this thread in awhile, Thanks for giving me a response without Smart ass comments! I had talked to NHRA souvenior people who told me most of the Zoo crowd didn't go to the track because the cost of a Race ticket was separate, and of course the Long walk! But...you have been there several times so you would obviously know, Have a good weekend!:)

Last edited:
First off, it would be- Were you born a sh!t starter.

How am I a $hit starter?? You run your jaw about a bunch of wrong information over and over on every message board out there. What do you expect?? Then you break out the personal insults.

What Paul said. Have another beer.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back