Jerry Tolivers Body In Denver (1 Viewer)

It wasn't abandoned... The semi left the track. The guys that were driving the rental truck went back to the hotel to shower and check out and then come back (within the hour of their exiting the track) with the 24'. It was MONDAY, for cryin out loud!!! It's not like the Rockstar crew couldn't have dragged the body off to the dumpster themselves- officially, it was still in their pit, and if there was any assumption, it would have NOT been that difficult to make a phone call...Jeezzzz.....

The only thing they left was the body, no other parts of any kind. The body was damaged, had no note on it, and was left in the way so that WJ's team had to drag it out of the way so they could leave. It may not have been abandoned but it sure had to look that way!

I don't leave notes on my stuff when I pull around to the staging lanes and sit there for 45 minutes.....:rolleyes:
There's a big difference between having your trailer and parts in the pits during a race while you're in the lanes and packing up everything but a damaged body with no note on the day after the race. Apples and oranges. Care to take any more wild leaps while you're at it? :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to make light of this, because it is an unfortunate situation, but man, I can't help but think how fun this would be to watch on raceday if both sides involved would have been in the same class. Talk about an instant rivalry. :D

I can see the possibility of people standing there with perfectly good intentions, that some would say "Hey, look what they left" while others would say "They couldn't have just left that there." That's why I think they should share responsibility and split whatever the KBB value of the body is. :D

Take the average between what Warren thinks it's worth and what Jerry thinks it's worth. Then split that in half.

Be sure to keep in mind how good the resale value of Toyotas are....

There seems to be some dispute on the price of a Toyota Solara Fuel Funny Car... :rolleyes: What does a BRAND NEW TS body cost?? Because that is the bottom line on what damage "the crew" did to that "OTHER" car... Even with the stickers in the price please... Used or not... Damaged or not... That is what it is going to cost to fix the damage now that "the crew" finished the job, and take out the price of a headlight and grill... A BRAND NEW CAR!! minus the price of what the original bill for fixing the nose would have been without the sticker's... Sound's right to me... I think the tin was in there with the titanium tubing, correct??

Last edited:
I'm guessing that the nose fix a Jack's would have been about 9 large... but now a whole new shell... even if the tin, tree, spaghetti, and lexan is savable.... 40 large

EE who's Tom?????????????

Last edited:
I'm guessing that the nose fix at Jack's would have been about 9 large... but now a whole new shell... even if the tin, tree, spaghetti, and lexan is savable.... 40 large
Whatever it is................... :eek:
Send the bill to- :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I read about it on comp plus's board and someone said on there that they know who did it and that they have x amount of days to pay for it or face punishment. Dont know if thats true, but thats what someone posted over there. My understanding is that the team had already left and had left the body there so I'm sure whoever cut it up probably thought they were scrapping it.

If this is true, as a professional racer, they are full of SH!T that they thought it was being scrapped...Anyone with a TENTH of a brain in this sport knows that that body wasn't being scrapped...If it was, all of the mounts, burst panels, windows, spill plates and such would have been removed...

They got caught and now they have to pay....good for Jerry....They should be fined by the NHRA too...Oh, wait...the NHRA isn't smart enough to do that....

I knew I liked you for a reason, Jay..:p
The truth may not hurt, but is sure is damn expensive when you don't engage the brain...

Where ya been, buddy?

I knew I liked you for a reason, Jay..:p
The truth may not hurt, but is sure is damn expensive when you don't engage the brain...

Where ya been, buddy?

IndyCar racing....Season is almost over though...Working on a SMOKIN' deal in boat racing though...This wil be big, bro....

More important than the money is the lack of a body. Toliver's body (pre WJ incident) could have been repaired a lot quicker than a new one (if available) could be mounted. If Toliver has an issue that renderes the body on the car usless he is done unless someone loans him a body like KB did a hundred years ago when Billy Meyer needed a body. Unless, of course, Tolver has a third body hidden somewhere.

The roof and supports can be put back on the body, and the body can still be repaired. WJ should pay to what it cost to repair the roof and put the supports back in, and that's all he should be responsible for paying for. The rest of the story is just BS. It happened, it could have been avoided by both parties, but it did happen. Get over it, have it repaired and just move on in life.

The roof and supports can be put back on the body, and the body can still be repaired. WJ should pay to what it cost to repair the roof and put the supports back in, and that's all he should be responsible for paying for. The rest of the story is just BS. It happened, it could have been avoided by both parties, but it did happen. Get over it, have it repaired and just move on in life.

EXACTLY! Pay for the thing to be put back together. then it will be that same "used and previously damaged" body that was sitting there. It's not that tough to figure out. Toliver is obviously out of his mind if he thinks anyone is going to pay the price to replace it with a new one.

Now then.... How much is WJ taking out of their paychecks each payday to be reimbursed? :D:eek:

EXACTLY! Pay for the thing to be put back together. then it will be that same "used and previously damaged" body that was sitting there. It's not that tough to figure out. Toliver is obviously out of his mind if he thinks anyone is going to pay the price to replace it with a new one.

Now then.... How much is WJ taking out of their paychecks each payday to be reimbursed? :D:eek:

Ooooh yeah- I want to go 300+ with a roof that has been re-attached... Oh, and don't forget the sides that are glued back on as they were diced away for the bits inside- think "eating lobster"..:eek:

Martin,
Tony Pedregon is going 300+ with an Impala that had everything forward of the windshield replaced after his Atlanta incident. Jerry's body did not look all too pristine after he tipped it over so it may actually be better after the fix.

Roo

Just another reason to watch your stuff.

We've been hit at Vegas (wallets, cell phones, etc.) just going up to make a run. Last weekend in Seattle one of the guys left our titanium bellhousing at the back of the trailer after cleaning it. I suggested that it would probably last 2-3 minutes before it was gone and proceeded to pick it up and put it back in the trailer. I've heard of cylinder heads and stuff like that mysteriously missing from certain fuel pit areas while the crew was standing right there.

WJ had someone attempt to walk out the gate with a couple doors off his Oldsmobile P/S several years ago. The "villian" said WJ gave them to him. He should have offered WJ 50 cents on the dollar minus the paint job and lettering because the thief probably was planning on repainting them anyway. It's not the money, it's the fact that WJ would have been hard pressed to make the next round without doors on his car. Kurt could have loaned him his, I guess.

I can't believe something as complete as a funny car body with spoiler, spill plates, windows and tin still attached would be considered scrap. Shoot, the spoilers and spill plates alone are a bunch of money.

2 simple rules to live by. Rule #1: If it isn't yours, don't touch it. Rule #2: If you aren't sure who's it is...see rule #1.

RG

Martin,
Tony Pedregon is going 300+ with an Impala that had everything forward of the windshield replaced after his Atlanta incident. Jerry's body did not look all too pristine after he tipped it over so it may actually be better after the fix.

Roo

That will be changing VERY soon, RooMan... for entirely different issues..

And I'd rather have the nose fly off :eek: in front of me than have the lid come off around my noggin.. don't you agree?? ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back