Snake/Dixon's Hauler (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
Anybody know exactly what caused it to catch on fire yesterday? How bad was the damage? When we left the fire trucks were just getting there and it was still smoking bad. For those of you who dont know what I am talking about, the Skytel trailer caught on fire somehow yesterday in the pits. They had it blocked off when I tried to go see but I heard it was the hospilality trailer or something, not the actual race hauler. Just wondering what happened and hopefully no one got hurt b/c we saw a medic running with a back board.

That was pretty scary! I hope all are OK.....I have no confirmation of injuries or details.

This was on NHRA.com

Fiery finish: Snake Racing's SkyTel hospitality rig was engulfed in flames at the end of Sunday's action after a fire started in the kitchen section of the trailer. No one was hurt in the blaze and the kitchen was not in use as the crewmen packed the trailer for transport back to Indianapolis. The origin of the fire was undetermined. Local fire investigators were on hand to determine what happened.

"Thankfully no one was hurt," said team driver Larry Dixon. "It destroyed a bunch of stuff but it can all be replaced. It appears it started in the front area where the kitchen is located. They had it halfway loaded up when they realized there was a problem. Then everyone just cleared out. It was quite a fire."

Had they put the car out before they rolled it into the hauler... maybe it was the source of flame??

:D :D

Just playing guys!! ;)

EXACTLY?? NO!!
To many candles on Snakes cake??
Burnt the Chicken??
TJ was showing how not to deep fry a bird??
Brakleen and a open flame do not mix??
Another grease fire, that got outta hand??
Dixon and the ole M-80 in the toilet trick??
One of Emeril's BAM tricks went BOOM instead??
Cooking with Bender in the kitchen skit for an upcoming Raceday show??
The smart-azz chef saying, WATCH THIS??

Pretty lame reasons I know, hopefully no one was hurt...
Shall we start a no hospitality area in the pit thread on here??
Send your messages here. ____________________

no one got hurt and that was a good thing, but seriously was there anything that said Skytel on it that wasn't on fire yesterday :D :D :D :p

Shall we start a no hospitality area in the pit thread on here??
Send your messages here. ____________________

Yeah! Lets ban them unless I get an invite to them all.

Glad no one's hurt. It had to be among the most difficult weekends for everyone there. Now it's behind us, everyone can start healing.

If you look at the picture of the top fuel final on NHRA.com you can see the smoke in the background, it looked like it must have been quite the fire.

So Snake needs a new kitchen...fire that chef!...nothing worse than burnt up appliances...thank goodness no one was hurt!

It was believed that a plasma screen tv in the kitcthen area caused the fire! Whatever the cause it sure was a mess!

I did hear that Snake purchased that Motorhome from an F-1 team, it Had every amenity available. What a shame!

I heard a rumour that a pack of Miller leaked on to a Skytel Pager which the chef left on the work service. WOW! What are the odds!?

Cheers

James
;) ;) ;) :confused:

Your blatant, yet weak, attempt at a cheap shot serves what purpose.....?
Glad to see that you, of all people, find humor in another mans loss.........

Chill Man... :D

I think you have mistaken someone's friendly jibe as a serious insult at someone's loss.

Maybe I am mistaken?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back