Who Ratted-out The Don (1 Viewer)

Karl,
Your post is exactly why I don't understand when people make comments about Wally turning over in his grave if he knew what was going on now. Hell, he knew about it then. From things I have read, he never intended for the racers to make money. HE intended to make money.

Dave,
Thanks. I was hoping it wasn't just me and Large Father that felt that way. we're talking about the same person that didn't think a 'girl' should drive a dragster. I've never understood the thoughts behind the Nitro ban.

At least Jim Tice paid racer tow money and appearance money beside the purse.

d'kid
I still think the World Finals should float from track to track...

I agree Karl, but NHRA owns Pomona so we know that aint happening.

Lease, not own. I remember when the stands had to come down after every Winternations, so the LA County Fairgrounds could have their parking lot back. After all, that's all Pomona is, a parking Lot.

Damn I Miss PAPPY Hart.

d'kid

When I was there for the Hawley class, I asked why the Pomona return road was so crappy, bouncy, and in need of some TLC. They said the the Fairplex wouldn't let NHRA touch it. They could repave or do whatever they wanted to the track itself, but the rest was the Fairplex's and NHRA couldn't touch it. Sheesh...

Who ratted out The Don? Best guess is someone affiliated with VP. In the long run, they are the ones that benefit from their bought and paid for monopoly being strictly enforced.....:(

As for the "never make enough money to do this for a living" thought process, we may have hit upon the answer to NHRA never growing up :eek:

It is time for a change........

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back