Who Ratted-out The Don (1 Viewer)

nitro-trucker

Nitro Member
The question of how did NHRA know about the fuel in the trailer may be anserwed. Yesterday I talked to a team owner,and they told me that Las Vegas F.D. spent alot of time in their pits. Checking permits asking what kind of fuel was used,how much was there. Checking FIRE EXTINGUISHERS and there locations. Inspecting the inside of their trailer. So without knowing DSR was approved to have that much, they said something. This is just an opinion of mine no facts to back it up. Any other team members remember the Fire Dept. in there pits.

The question of how did NHRA know about the fuel in the trailer may be anserwed. Yesterday I talked to a team owner,and they told me that Las Vegas F.D. spent alot of time in their pits. Checking permits asking what kind of fuel was used,how much was there. Checking FIRE EXTINGUISHERS and there locations. Inspecting the inside of their trailer. So without knowing DSR was approved to have that much, they said something. This is just an opinion of mine no facts to back it up. Any other team members remember the Fire Dept. in there pits.

I'm lost. In one part of your post, you say you talked to a team owner and they said the LVFD visited the site. Then you go on later to state "This is just an opinion of mine no facts to back it up." What is fact and what is opinion? Here's a whole 'nother can o'worms.

Where does PRO stand on all of this?
I have not seen a statement supporting either side from them.

Where does PRO stand on all of this?
I have not seen a statement supporting either side from them.

thats a slippery slope....i mean coming out against NHRA could lead to big problems and obviously not supporting the team owner could also be a big problem

thats a slippery slope....i mean coming out against NHRA could lead to big problems and obviously not supporting the team owner could also be a big problem

The whole deal is--I just can't come up with ANY kind of win-win scenario now that this thing has gone this far--to get it settled, SOMEONE is gonna have to lose face----not a good thing at all

I thought I read somewhere earlier this week Mr Shu quit PRO.

I could be mistaken. If I am not, could this have anything to do with it? Just curious.

I'm lost. In one part of your post, you say you talked to a team owner and they said the LVFD visited the site. Then you go on later to state "This is just an opinion of mine no facts to back it up." What is fact and what is opinion? Here's a whole 'nother can o'worms.

My opinion is that the LVFD said something. The fact is, The team owner only told me what happened to them.

Greg, if I recall correctly (hmmmmm) it seems like I read a statement by Don that he has tendered his resignation to PRO to see if they would accept it. I think he also said that most of the PRO members want him to stay on---anyone else see that in a statement or am I just remembering things I didn't see?

Greg, if I recall correctly (hmmmmm) it seems like I read a statement by Don that he has tendered his resignation to PRO to see if they would accept it. I think he also said that most of the PRO members want him to stay on---anyone else see that in a statement or am I just remembering things I didn't see?

no you're right Terry.....i just dont remember if he tendered it before or after this mess

AFTER CAREFUL RESEARCH AND STUDY IN REGARDS TO THE QUESTION (WHO RATTED OUT "THE DON").... I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT...............

IT WAS PROFESSOR PLUM....IN THE STUDY...WITH THE CANDLE STICK!

Thank you...we can all go back to work now!;)

AFTER CAREFUL RESEARCH AND STUDY IN REGARDS TO THE QUESTION (WHO RATTED OUT "THE DON").... I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT...............

IT WAS PROFESSOR PLUM....IN THE STUDY...WITH THE CANDLE STICK!

Thank you...we can all go back to work now!;)

Oh One of my favorite games!!!!! LOL

I was going to go there...:eek:

but i figured naaaa... better not out front here, chat room, the lounge maybe... and timmah and jessica left me such a nice opening:eek::D

All this chatter is friendly, but I am still curious about PRO's position on this issue.

Can we discuss that?

Don't believe PRO will position on this officially.
Go back to 1972 and the birth of PRO. Even with their own race in Tulsa Labor Day Weekend, some people ran a flopper at Tulsa and a AA/FD at Indy. I believe some even ran the same car at both races.

This was a couple of seasons before Wally made the comment about Snake and Raymond that spending $175,000 a season didn't make sense because there was no way that NHRA was going to post enough prize money that someone could make a living drag racing. You raced for the Honor of being Event Champion and Might make enough to break even for that race.

That was Wally's Attitude and is still the attitude of the NHRA. Tom and Mr.Light are 'Chips off the old block' when it comes to pro cars. NHRA needs pro cars to generate the 'Big Bucks', but the attitude is all racers are doing this for the Glory

d'kid

Don't believe PRO will position on this officially.
Go back to 1972 and the birth of PRO. Even with their own race in Tulsa Labor Day Weekend, some people ran a flopper at Tulsa and a AA/FD at Indy. I believe some even ran the same car at both races.

This was a couple of seasons before Wally made the comment about Snake and Raymond that spending $175,000 a season didn't make sense because there was no way that NHRA was going to post enough prize money that someone could make a living drag racing. You raced for the Honor of being Event Champion and Might make enough to break even for that race.

That was Wally's Attitude and is still the attitude of the NHRA. Tom and Mr.Light are 'Chips off the old block' when it comes to pro cars. NHRA needs pro cars to generate the 'Big Bucks', but the attitude is all racers are doing this for the Glory

d'kid

Karl,
Your post is exactly why I don't understand when people make comments about Wally turning over in his grave if he knew what was going on now. Hell, he knew about it then. From things I have read, he never intended for the racers to make money. HE intended to make money.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back