In-N-Out at Pomona (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
I was at the Winternationals on Friday and Saturday, and I was very pleased when I walked in the gate early Friday morning to see that sure enough In-N-Out Burger (aka Lindsi's Burger Shack) had a big presence in the pits this weekend. I was really hoping they would be there with their portable cook-out trucks and they did not disappoint. I think there were 8 to 10 of them around the pits. I ate at them several times on both days and I want to say that EVERY employee I encountered was outstanding. They were all very pleasant and helpful. This is, of course, pretty typical of most In-N-Out restaurants, but the employees at the drags this weekend seemed particularly good. There were some tables that people could eat at, and there was always someone walking around asking if you needed anything, or if they could take your trash for you.

All the people who worked this weekend at the race should get a big high-five from In-N-Out management. They did a great job.

Some may not know that evidently Guy Snyder (patriarch of In-N-Out Burger and Lindsi's grandfather) was a partner in Irwindale Raceway, and the hamburger stand there at that track was an early incarnation of what became In-N-Out burger. The Snyder's have been long-time supporters of drag racing and I heard that Lindsi was competing this weekend at Pomona.

Last edited:
sponsor track, get award.....seems reasonable......pic of her and chevelle in fri. gallery on nhra.com
gallery also showing some of the in-n-out food trailers.....real nice looking setup

Last edited:
I was at the Winternationals on Friday and Saturday, and I was very pleased when I walked in the gate early Friday morning to see that sure enough In-N-Out Burger (aka Lindsi's Burger Shack) had a big presence in the pits this weekend. I was really hoping they would be there with their portable cook-out trucks and they did not disappoint. I think there were 8 to 10 of them around the pits. I ate at them several times on both days and I want to say that EVERY employee I encountered was outstanding. They were all very pleasant and helpful. This is, of course, pretty typical of most In-N-Out restaurants, but the employees at the drags this weekend seemed particularly good. There were some tables that people could eat at, and there was always someone walking around asking if you needed anything, or if they could take your trash for you.

All the people who worked this weekend at the race should get a big high-five from In-N-Out management. They did a great job.

Some may not know that evidently Guy Snyder (patriarch of In-N-Out Burger and Lindsi's grandfather) was a partner in Irwindale Raceway, and the hamburger stand there at that track was an early incarnation of what became In-N-Out burger. The Snyder's have been long-time supporters of drag racing and I heard that Lindsi was competing this weekend at Pomona.
i was there friday, and you are 100% right. the the prices were ok

Guy was Lynsi's dad, not her grandfather, although Guy's first name was also Harry. Harry and Esther Snyder were her grandparents who started In-N-Out in 1948. I can't confirm this except that I was told this, that the Snyder's had a partial ownership stake in Irwindale Raceway, hence the burger stand everyone talked about. Rich and Guy were their only children. Rich ran In-N-Out after his dad, Harry, died of lung cancer in 1976. Years later, Rich died in a corporate plane crash while on approach to Orange County's John Wayne Airport on December 15, 1993 not far from my shop. I actually attended his memorial service at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa. Guy tragically died in December 1999. Later, Esther died at the age of 86 in 2006, and Lyndsi, as Guy's daughter, was Harry and Esther's only grandchild and only heir.

Rich was involved along with Roger Stull, former Penhall Corporation President, with Bill Schulz and the Over The Hill Gang with driver Dale Pulde. Later, Lynsi sponsored Melanie Troxel for a time in a top fuel dragster after her grandmother, Esther, passed away. Later, Lynsi started racing Top Sportsman, stopped for a few years, and has recently resurfaced.

I attended a special prayer breakfast last year where Jack Hibbs, Lynsi and her husband, Sean Ellingson, were the speakers. Not much gets said about Sean, but from my seat somewhere near the back of the room, after hearing him give his testimony, he seems like a really great guy.

On the bottom of their drink cups it says, "John 3:16." I think Rich started it and Lynsi has continued it. And God has certainly blessed their business.

This is my shameless plug. After I bought my Top Sportsman Camaro, I ran it for the very first time just two months after my wife died of cancer at Lynsi's In-N-Out birthday party at the Pomona Fairplex in November 2018. It was a tough weekend to say the least. I was literally driving through tears. Anyway, someone took this picture of me struggling to get down the track and inadvertently caught Lynsi's car heading back up the return road after making her pass. I showed the picture to Lynsi at the prayer breakfast just to say thank you for putting on the event at Pomona. Now she is sponsoring the track, which is great for all of us.
Screenshot_20220208-062115_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:
Guy was Lynsi's dad, not her grandfather, although Guy's first name was also Harry. Harry and Esther Snyder were her grandparents who started In-N-Out in 1948. I can't confirm this except that I was told this, that the Snyder's had a partial ownership stake in Irwindale Raceway, hence the burger stand everyone talked about. Rich and Guy were their only children. Rich ran In-N-Out after his dad, Harry, died of lung cancer in 1976. Years later, Rich died in a corporate plane crash while on approach to Orange County's John Wayne Airport on December 15, 1993 not far from my shop. I actually attended his memorial service at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa. Guy tragically died in December 1999. Later, Esther died at the age of 86 in 2006, and Lyndsi, as Guy's daughter, was Harry and Esther's only grandchild and only heir.

Rich was involved along with Roger Stull, former Penhall Corporation President, with Bill Schulz and the Over The Hill Gang with driver Dale Pulde. Later, Lynsi sponsored Melanie Troxel for a time in a top fuel dragster after her grandmother, Esther, passed away. Later, Lynsi started racing Top Sportsman, stopped for a few years, and has recently resurfaced.

I attended a special prayer breakfast last year where Jack Hibbs, Lynsi and her husband, Sean Ellingson, were the speakers. Not much gets said about Sean, but from my seat somewhere near the back of the room, after hearing him give his testimony, he seems like a really great guy.

On the bottom of their drink cups it says, "John 3:16." I think Rich started it and Lynsi has continued it. And God has certainly blessed their business.

This is my shameless plug. After I bought my Top Sportsman Camaro, I ran it for the very first time just two months after my wife died of cancer at Lynsi's In-N-Out birthday party at the Pomona Fairplex in November 2018. It was a tough weekend to say the least. I was literally driving through tears. Anyway, someone took this picture of me struggling to get down the track and inadvertently caught Lynsi's car heading back up the return road after making her pass. I showed the picture to Lynsi at the prayer breakfast just to say thank you for putting on the event at Pomona. Now she is sponsoring the track, which is great for all of us.View attachment 12315
Thanks Randy, for sharing your connection and history of the Snyder family. Glad to hear that Lynsi is back out racing again.

I just read Jerry passed away. WTH is going on. 3's
RIP Mr Bickel

The In-N-Out story is an amazing one, and I'm grateful that they are so involved in drag racing. I was in Phoenix during the race weekend to visit my family and go to the race. I didn't go to the track Sunday, so around 2:00pm my dad says, "hey let's go grab a burger at In-N-Out". I'm thinking, sure, can't be busy at all in between lunch and dinner hours. Wrong. It was hopping, and while I can't stand lines, I was happy to that they were that busy. Wish we had them here on the east coast. Final note: Lynsi's new Chevelle is badass, but where did her Cuda go? I love that car!

After moving here I just found out they are building 3 here in the Treasure Valley in Idaho.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back