In-N-Out Burger named title sponsor of In-N-Out Burger Pomona Dragstrip and In-N-Out Burger NHRA Finals (1 Viewer)

Bodes well for the track to stay since it says multi-year sponsorship. Calling Robert Hight re: your AAA money?
I wonder if they are coming back next year ? Robert got emotional in Texas talking about AAA

AAA of So CA has been a great partner to So CA drag racing over the years. But they have become very woke in recent years, so maybe someone high up decided auto racing just doesn't jive with "climate change".

Good for Lynsi for taking over from AAA. And good for Phil Burgess for using the term "Title Sponsor" in the article instead of the ridiculously incorrect term "Entitlement Sponsor" that is so often seen in print today.

Hmm, does this mean we will be able to buy In-N-Out burgers at Pomona now? I sure hope so.

And yes, one wonders if Robert Hight's AAA sponsorship may be done. Would be ironic if that happens and he wins the FC Championship.

Can't wait to get to the drags at Pomona in a week and a half - after next weekend's "Nitro Revival" at Irwindale, of course.

Last edited:
Looks like Pomona will be around through 2033, now just need people to show up. Back when JFR returned from COVID the rumor was AAA would finish out their contracts and leave at the end of this year. If on track performance means anything, it would be hard to walk away from the best FC in the class.

Yes ACSC (AAA) has been great for racing in general for almost 100 years. I worked for Canoga Park Club Service (Bill DeYoung Automotive) from 1961 - 1967 and have been an AAA member for 99 % of all those years in between then and now. AAA was all about service and travel until relatively recent times. Now I get insurance information from them at least once a week and travel information about going to Bora Bora or some other place that you couldn’t drive to if you wanted to. They are basically a high pressure insurance company that could care less about things related to cars or racing. Their travel services are just behind the internet information and pushing companies that pay them to be AAA approved. Sad to say their business model doesn’t lend its self toward racing or even automotive anymore.
Now - In N Out is a great replacement for them. You will get a company that not only makes out of this world burgers (4X4 Animal Style with a Neopolitan Shake) but a second generation CEO that has actually driven a race car at Pomona and has drag racing in her blood. JMHO

didn't AAA join pomona/nhra around the same time as coca-cola/powerade?......and the same for force. didn't AAA come on board for gary d.'s 3rd FC around the same time?
gary stepped away eventually, and robert started driving? tony left soon after, and courtney started? but i think the AAA deal started on densham's car and then to robert.
..........win or lose the championship in FC, AAA has had a great run with JFR and pomona raceway. who can fault them for going a different direction after a 20+ year relationship
with the sport. ....... wasn't AAA also associated with the st. louis and ennis races until just this year? although i think that was AAA insurance and not the ACSC?

didn't AAA join pomona/nhra around the same time as coca-cola/powerade?......and the same for force. didn't AAA come on board for gary d.'s 3rd FC around the same time?
gary stepped away eventually, and robert started driving? tony left soon after, and courtney started? but i think the AAA deal started on densham's car and then to robert.
..........win or lose the championship in FC, AAA has had a great run with JFR and pomona raceway. who can fault them for going a different direction after a 20+ year relationship
with the sport. ....... wasn't AAA also associated with the st. louis and ennis races until just this year? although i think that was AAA insurance and not the ACSC?
Densham indeed had AAA on his car with Force. Word at that time was they wanted a younger driver after a few years and Robert got his chance.

Densham indeed had AAA on his car with Force. Word at that time was they wanted a younger driver after a few years and Robert got his chance.

I'm pretty sure Densham had AAA for many years on his own car (along with NEC) before he went to drive for Force...... Then when Gary left the team, AAA stayed with Force.

Oh man, this is awesome news!

Looks like I'll be purchasing more In N' Out more than I already do lol.

I'm just a fan that goes and sits in the stands at Pomona, and buys In N' Out frequently, but thank you with all my heart Lynsi. This is awesome.

Also - it would be great if In-N-Out picked up Robert if Auto Club gets out.
In-in-Out is a local company. Has a few in Texas, Oregon, Nevada and Colorado. They have said there is no intention to expanding across the country. They are very selective when they put up a place.
The main names on the Pomona tower are Lucan and AAA. Haven't heard anything on either one changing their involvement .

We have In N Out in Arizona. Have been in Phx area for several years. They will open a place up in Flagstaff next year. There is an In N Out up by the Costco I go to and you never see that place without a line of cars in the drive thru.

Thanks so much (not) for bringing politics into what was a “good news” thread. You could have made the same point without using President Biden’s name. And please note that just about every developed country in the world is in the same situation as we are - Covid is having a long lasting impact globally.
Exactly. Great news on the burger front. Was it Oswald they sponsored years ago? Soon we will see that new politicians in place cannot cure inflation in U.S.

I'm pretty sure Densham had AAA for many years on his own car (along with NEC) before he went to drive for Force...... Then when Gary left the team, AAA stayed with Force.
thanks brian, did not remember that ....... there is an F1 photographer Kym Illman who does weekly youtube vids from wherever he is traveling. he spent a couple days in L.A. prior
to the austin race. he promptly left LAX and went directly to In-N-Out off east end of airport on Sepulvada Blvd.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back