In N Out Story by Phil Burgess (1 Viewer)

Dang Cliff your are a reposting machine and I thank you for that. Irwindale Raceway, right after arriving there and putting up the race blanket, I made a beeline to the top end, pitside concession stand and would grab not one but two cheeseburgers, they were incredible. Then the rest of the event was gravy. Forget about the spec side snack bar that you see in all the pictures, that thing was always packed with a line.
Great story about Snyder.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Short Track Announcer...waiting for the green light to go racing!

Hey Mark. I'm an early riser, get up before the wife, so that's my computer time. heh So I look for stuff that may (or may not) be interesting. I've really had to limit what I post, so I don't fall into the Post Hawg catagory. Do ya know I can remember the pit concessions at Lions, but not San Fernando? Whatever that's worth. :)

I believe the concessions at San Fernando was called "Brownies Concessions." Is that right? Usually before a show at San Fernando dad would take me to eat at Coffee Dan's on Van Nuys Blvd or James Coffee Shop in San Fernando, so we were full by the time we got to the Pond around 10:30 or 11:00am.

TopFuel@Lions

i hope in-n-out does another birthday show some time,wow that was a great show.
i use to love there burgers,but i think they change something with there meat about 10 years ago,now i dont like them.but what a great company she as kept going.

We have an In N Out real close to us. Opened about 3-4 years ago, when they built a bunch of stores here in Arizona. Always a line at the drive thru. Hope they survive.

A few years ago they opened an In and Out Burger place in north Dallas and since I had never had one I stopped and ordered one.
I though it was very good but not the best burger I had ever either.

I liked the concept of the place.

Jim Hill

Maybe the California burgers are better. I went to the place in north Dallas on my way to Texas Motorplex a few years back. It reminded me of a Big Mac with extra "special" sauce.
That was the only time I've been to an In-N-Out.
Fortunately, there's a little place here in town that makes the absolute best burgers one can hope to eat.

Yes A/FD. They ran one or two cars in T/AD, one blown & other injected nitro. I think the nitro car was the better of the 2.

it would be interesting to know how much the burger chain paid to sponsor oswald in the funny car when he ran in the 90's, and then again for a year or two
when melanie drove the I&O funny car for roger burgess (name correct?). IMO the burger chain saw value at a certain dollar amount. they were the major sponsor on these
funny cars, complete with large graphics on transporter as well. if I&O could be a major sponsor on a car today for the same amount (inflation adjusted), would they?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back