V's roof after wreck? (1 Viewer)

mltdwn12

Nitro Member
Anyone know what this was coming out of the roof. It looked pressurized and eventually caught fire. At first I thought maybe it was the body wrap just burning, but again, looks pressurized. Do PS's carry fire systems?

Attachments

• Vgaines.jpg
    Vgaines.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 40
From one of the track crew: "The small fire on top of V's car was the power wire burning the roof, from we're it struck and slid across the track. I hit it with the CO2 as soon as I got on it then turned my attention to V. I looked up and it lit off again at that point I thought it might be some rubber then realized it was a power wire. I secured the power then hit the small fire again and it went right out. We checked V over good before getting him out of the car and he was fine and even tried to do a little dance to prove to us he was ok. LoL. I'm not privy to any of the track prep stuff so I can't add or comment on any of that stuff."

Thanks for the reply! Glad to see V got out OK. At least he has a little time to get the other car together and maybe make the 2nd round in Dallas! The teeth truck drivers put on there grills always freaks my wife out for some reason, she said it started with the movie Maximum Overdrive. Anyway V's older car had bigger teeth and she'd actually get a chill when she saw it run.:eek: I showed her the wreck on the DVR an she's saying Oh! it's the one with the teeth, just a little smaller on the new car :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back