Jerry Tolivers Body In Denver (1 Viewer)

A terrible swing for the Rockstar team. First that, then they were taken out of the field due to some NHRA policy concerning one shot qualifying that reinstates a top ten team w2ith a slowe time that didn't qualify.

I think it's bogus.

At first glance I thought Jerry had expired and was just left in the pits like discarded junk.
Thank God I put on my glasses for the second look.

Whoever cut it up KNEW it wasn't THEIR'S, They had no business touching it whether it was scrap or not. That is simply knowing right from wrong, not to easy to figure out.

Are you going to tell us next that you've never picked a quarter up off the ground?

Are you going to tell us next that you've never picked a quarter up off the ground?

If I find a quarter with somebody elses name painted in 6" letters on the side, your damn right I would give it back.
And in case you didn't notice, there is a BIG difference between a quarter on the ground and a $50,000 funny car body. I'll bet you could find a few quarters at any racetrack or all most anywhere else for that matter and I'm sure you trip over a carbon fiber body every day too.

Are you suggesting what they did was somehow OK?:confused:

If I find a quarter with somebody elses name painted in 6" letters on the side, your damn right I would give it back.
And in case you didn't notice, there is a BIG difference between a quarter on the ground and a $50,000 funny car body. I'll bet you could find a few quarters at any racetrack or all most anywhere else for that matter and I'm sure you trip over a carbon fiber body every day too.

Are you suggesting what they did was somehow OK?:confused:

Ian , I like your style man . I believe you are dead on . My question is why did the track staff let this happen ? I am sure they were told that a U-Haul is coming to pick that thing up , they probabely dont let too many U-Hauls into the grounds without a heads up . I think this was a very poor error on someones part . Malicious , probabely not . Stupid and very sad it had to happen to anyone . I bet if that happend to the team that did this , it would have been world war 3 . Under no circumstance was this ok , I doubt any team would litter up any track with a 50,000 body or for that matter leave scrap for someone else . I am sure if they wanted it scraped they would have done it themselves .

I doubt there was any criminal intent, and I don't want anybody in trouble. I just think it was stupid, and if they actually stopped to think about it they would have known it too.:)

Just think, a couple pieces of paper taped to the body with a short message written in black marker could have prevented the entire thing. All they needed to do was write "Not scrap. Waiting for pickup for transport to shop." on a piece of paper and tape it to the body and it would have been left alone. Doesn't anybody at the races have a Sharpie any more? :confused:

Maybe Sharpies have been banned after the Bazemore trailer incident. :D

We purchased Johnny Gray's last independently run Firebird body complete with all hardware, trees, chute mounting hardware, chute levers and cables with a couple repairable cracks for a total of $1000. Jerry may be asking a bit much @$60K?

We purchased Johnny Gray's last independently run Firebird body complete with all hardware, trees, chute mounting hardware, chute levers and cables with a couple repairable cracks for a total of $1000. Jerry may be asking a bit much @$60K?

Those AJPE Toyotas are in VERY limited supply, Doc... This body that ran in Denver was the first backup body he got since the order was placed in January..

A terrible swing for the Rockstar team. First that, then they were taken out of the field due to some NHRA policy concerning one shot qualifying that reinstates a top ten team w2ith a slowe time that didn't qualify.

I think it's bogus.

I agree... Why bother even coming out of the box if there are only six slots available? Hell, with the Welfare points system, shouldn't they make it only the Top 8 get seeded in? :confused:

I believe they should determine what the value of the already damaged body was (how you do that?), and divide it in half, with each side assuming responsiblity for the misunderstanding.

If I thought a body was being left for scrap with a titanium tree? There'd be one nostalgia funny out there with a titanium tree in it! :D Probably have a carbon escape hatch if I could figure out how to flatten it out!

Would it not have been possible to put the roof back on?

Those AJPE Toyotas are in VERY limited supply, Doc... This body that ran in Denver was the first backup body he got since the order was placed in January..
All the more reason to not 'abandon' it and leave it sitting with no note of any sort.

I don't think Jerry Toliver has many legs to stand on. He left it there, and I don't blame WJ's people one bit. Especially because they drove back and gave them all of the parts that they took.

I can't believe Toliver wants that much money. That's completely foolish to me. In high demand or not, $37,000 is way too much money.

All the more reason to not 'abandon' it and leave it sitting with no note of any sort.

Right. You can't expect Warren's crewmembers or anyone else to just know that specific information about that body.

I left a Peterbilt fuel cap ($80 new) on a fuel island, once. I quickly saw my problem (fuel splashing out), and returned to the place. The very next driver had snatched it and put it in his side box. When confronted, he gave it back, but I still told him that I wished he hadn't stolen it in the first place. ANOTHER driver decided to smart off to me about it, and I QUICKLY got in his face and told him what part of my anatomy he could kiss. They know that most of these places have a box inside for left fuel caps and that someone had accidentally left it, not left it for "scrap."

It wasn't abandoned... The semi left the track. The guys that were driving the rental truck went back to the hotel to shower and check out and then come back (within the hour of their exiting the track) with the 24'. It was MONDAY, for cryin out loud!!! It's not like the Rockstar crew couldn't have dragged the body off to the dumpster themselves- officially, it was still in their pit, and if there was any assumption, it would have NOT been that difficult to make a phone call...Jeezzzz.....

I don't leave notes on my stuff when I pull around to the staging lanes and sit there for 45 minutes.....:rolleyes:

I can't believe Toliver wants that much money. That's completely foolish to me. In high demand or not, $37,000 is way too much money.

Thirty-seven thousand, FIVE HUNDRED, down from Forty-three thousand, EIGHT HUNDRED! :D I'd like to assume those are arbitrary numbers, but maybe he had a formula? Kelly Blue Book? :D

Why don't we have upper and lower case numbers?

I think WJ has handled the situation very well, assuming responsibility for his guys and his offer of 9K. That seems more than fair. Toliver asking for 60k on the other hand seems pretty ridiculous. After getting all the hardware back, all Toliver really lost was a used / crashed shell. Everything else (All hardware, windows, tin, and mounts) is transferable.

It wasn't abandoned... The semi left the track. The guys that were driving the rental truck went back to the hotel to shower and check out and then come back (within the hour of their exiting the track) with the 24'. It was MONDAY, for cryin out loud!!! It's not like the Rockstar crew couldn't have dragged the body off to the dumpster themselves- officially, it was still in their pit, and if there was any assumption, it would have NOT been that difficult to make a phone call...Jeezzzz.....

I don't leave notes on my stuff when I pull around to the staging lanes and sit there for 45 minutes.....:rolleyes:

I can see the possibility of people standing there with perfectly good intentions, that some would say "Hey, look what they left" while others would say "They couldn't have just left that there." That's why I think they should share responsibility and split whatever the KBB value of the body is. :D

Take the average between what Warren thinks it's worth and what Jerry thinks it's worth. Then split that in half.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back