1000ft drag racing in Denver (1 Viewer)

Is that a definite? The story sounded like it was a rumor but it was listed in the news section.

The Pussification of this sport is now at Hand! What a F'n Joke! Looks like I might have to start going to Nostalgia races....:confused:

it's official over on nhra, but it sounds like it will ONLY be for top fuel and funny cars and could be temporary but doubt it

Sure wish I'd known about this a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have wasted $500 going to this race!

The Pussification of this sport is now at Hand! What a F'n Joke! Looks like I might have to start going to Nostalgia races....:confused:

Boy that opens a can of worms! I want 1320 ft tracks but if the people that put their lives on the line when making a pass want 1000 I'll live with it. Never would I even consider calling a driver of a 7- 8,000 hp vehicle a "Puss". If it goes to 1,000 feet you might want to try IHRA and drive one for yourself. Here's a thought, NHRA is going to 1,000 foot track surfaces for safety’s sake at least until they figure out a permanent solution.

Well, I read the article over at NHRA, looks like Connie Kalitta is on board.

Guess you all will have to argue with him...........

So, all of a sudden.......nobody will watch anymore,

Yeah, right.:cool:

REX

Boy that opens a can of worms! I want 1320 ft tracks but if the people that put their lives on the line when making a pass want 1000 I'll live with it. Never would I even consider calling a driver of a 7- 8,000 hp vehicle a "Puss". If it goes to 1,000 feet you might want to try IHRA and drive one for yourself. Here's a thought, NHRA is going to 1,000 foot track surfaces for safety’s sake at least until they figure out a permanent solution.

DITTO'S...............Yeah, fuel drivers pussies, what a-holes:cool:

REX

how much nitro is burned between 1000 and the 1320? How many rods and pistons are put in the recycling bin? How much extra money is spent?

Good idea all around.

i'd like to think nitromethane through a blown/piston driven
V8 engine is what needs to remain for pro FC and TF.
change the points, change the length of track, change weights, change
motor parts......as a spectator and fan, it doesn't bother me.

after englishtown it became painfully obvious that older tracks were
built for entirely different speed than the present.

some tracks such as brainerd have longer shutdown areas.
is it possible (as mentioned by others recently) to have varying lengths
at different tracks?

Hows this ...... race to 100ft. with the parachute out the whole time and a 101 ft cable tied to the rear of car. When Scott died ... so did the 1/4 mile.

I think you hit this one on the head. As I Read it, it said this is an "interim" thing.

"An interim is a temporary pause in a line of succession or event. It is frequently used as an appositive noun, in which case it serves as an adjective meaning "in between," "transitional," or "temporary.""

So I would say don't get your shorts in a bunch.

Many drivers have said that until they find a better way 1000' is a good idea.

Some people on this board tend to characterize the NHRA as both evil geniuses twisting their collective handlebar mustaches and laughing maniacally while screwing both fans and racers or as bumbling fools.

Is the NHRA perfect? No but I believe they along with Team Owners, Crews and Drivers are working to find solutions to a problem that never happened before. It's going to take some time to both find a good solution and then implement it. I think some patience is in order.

Just my .04, .02 won't get you much anymore

Dan

u have got to be kidding !!!! i was about to order 4 tix for maple grove this year but the hell with that. with some of the decisions this organization makes sometimes i honestly believe These guys are intentionally trying run drag racing into the ground !! geeeez !!! :mad::mad:

I am all for anything that will enhance the safety of the sport, and I certainly don't think any of the nitro pilots are "pussified". But my question is will 320 feet of extra shutdown make that much of a difference at 300 MPH, a speed easily attainable at 1,000 ft? I am asking because I don't know, not to slam anyone or promote an agenda.

In the high altitude the parachutes do not work as well,so I'll bet that this could be just a Denver thing.(or hope so.)

I applaud this decision for the shorter tracks that if the chutes don't come out you are guaranteed a trip in the litter, or worse. Hell, pro stock ought to be a 1000' race at Pomona. There should never be a reason for glowing red rotors just make a turn off and keep it out of the litter. Body and suspension parts are expensive too. :eek:

I am all for anything that will enhance the safety of the sport, and I certainly don't think any of the nitro pilots are "pussified". But my question is will 320 feet of extra shutdown make that much of a difference at 300 MPH, a speed easily attainable at 1,000 ft? I am asking because I don't know, not to slam anyone or promote an agenda.

As PJ pointed out in another thread, it's really 640', 320' less acceleration, 320' more stopping.

The racers want it, if not for the good, then, why?

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back