1,000 foot debate - 1984 (1 Viewer)

Mike we've seen what happens when nhra restricts. They tryied , less nitro, different tires (several times), wing angels, tire presure, rev limiters, ect. Just made more blow-ups.

How bout we try somethig that will really slow them down???

Smaller fuel pump , and one mag will do the trick......

Yeah, Antron has the same tune-up!!!! Lee Beard flat out said the tune up has changed. Do you think he's alone? GET A CLUE!!! 1000' SUCKS AND ALWAYS WILL!!!!
Do you guys really want to go back 15-20 years in performance just to run 1320 ft. vs. 1000'? Try and sell that one to the casual fans and potential sponsors.

I say "No Thanks", keep them at 1000' and run 'em hard.

Last edited:
Do you guys really want to go back 15-20 years in performance just to run 1320 ft. vs. 1000'? Try and sell that one to the casual fans and potential sponsors.

I say "No Thanks", keep them at 1000' and run 'em hard.

To me your argument does not make sense. The cars are 20 mph slower at 1000'. What would be the difference of slowing the cars down to run 315-320mph in the quarter. Calming them down would ACTUALLY do what you people CLAIM (but that is not true) 1000' does, which is safer, closer, and cleaner racing.

Yer right on. They've tryied "Calming" them down several times, in different ways. All it does is cause a mess (blow-ups),and cost bug $$$

I am with you guys, leave them alone and run them to 1,000ft. Given the current condition of the economy, this will likely be the choice next year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back