A Question That Everyone Is Afraid To Ask (1 Viewer)

It's not the same thing with Force. His ENTIRE team (all 4 of them) sat out the rest of the year starting in March. None of those other teams did. It is really remarkable that Force, of all operations, had to sit out about 80% of the season supposedly due to so many sponsors bailing out. I still find it incredible that he has not been able, or been willing to, field at least one Top Fuel or Funny Car team by combining all the remaining sponsors on that one car. And presumably Austin Prock's Top Fuel primary sponsor (Montana Brands) bailed out as well? This is certainly all possible, but I don't know. I think for his team to effectively disappear like they have (did Force or Robert Hight even attend any races during the year, just to keep in touch with the fans, etc? I have not heard that they did). It is so unlike what they normally do. It's all too strange. Force must be climbing the walls without being able to attend to his usual activities. I say there's something else going on. And I agree that the total lack of any social media comments from the team is totally unlike them. One thing we have not heard is any other crew members of the 4 teams being let go. Perhaps they are laid off and maybe collecting unemployment? Who knows? Or are they all still on the payroll?

At any rate, I guess we will all find out the story eventually.
IMHO, I think Laurie told John your 74 and your NOT going out there, he said yes dear.

Maybe you should lighten up. I didn't say anything sinister was meant, and I can't find anything that "Flows against the NHRA brand" I just said it was an interesting headline. The link I posted was from Dec. 25th with all four JFR drivers saying they would be racing in 2021. So where's the Breaking News?

I thought the headline was worded to be click bait, as if something hadn't been disclosed before when they have said all along they would be back racing in 2021.

Alan
do u even read your own post ?? your the one who question the use of the word as if it insinuated Force was stating something reluctantly. I didnt sense any hint of that despite your subtle slight of the headline "Did they have to torture her? When was it denied?". The possibility of the most famous/successful racing team in NHRA history not being able to secure backing for the upcoming season is not a good look for the NHRA albeit not their direct fault. Racers ability to secure sponsors is essentially a defacto report card on how marketable NHRA racing is. and if vast majority of pro cars have little or no backing then what does that imply ?

James,
I thought it did insinuate that Brittany had said something reluctantly. The word "Admit" usually implies something that you have either been accused of of previously denied.

"I admit I ate the candy" Would usually follow an accusation in my mind. "Why don't you just admit that you ate the candy?"

JFR said all along that they would be back on track in 2021, including the video to their fans that apparently is no longer linked to my first post. So what was there to admit. And I read the headline as the reporter stating that he got Brittany to "Admit" something that hadn't been previously know or acknowledged.

If the headline said "Matt Hagan Admits he's coming back to race for DSR" Doesn't that make it sound like either he wasn't or hadn't confirmed it?

Am I wrong? If so, it wouldn't be the first time.

Alan

do u even read your own post ?? your the one who question the use of the word as if it insinuated Force was stating something reluctantly. I didnt sense any hint of that despite your subtle slight of the headline "Did they have to torture her? When was it denied?". The possibility of the most famous/successful racing team in NHRA history not being able to secure backing for the upcoming season is not a good look for the NHRA albeit not their direct fault. Racers ability to secure sponsors is essentially a defacto report card on how marketable NHRA racing is. and if vast majority of pro cars have little or no backing then what does that imply ?
I actually had the same thought as Alan, when I read that headline, very unusual wording. Also wondering, since, none of us know, other than thru rumor, the state of most teams funding, isn't it a bit premature to be commenting on this topic?

Interesting headline: Brittany "Admits", really? Did they have to torture her? When was it denied? I know they haven't made any official announcement, but everything I have seen is that they are planning to race in 2021. Including what I was told when i was at the shop a few weeks ago.

This was their Christmas card to the fans. Does this look like a denial?

Alan

John is still in pretty good shape for an old fart that has been blown up, burned up, almost ripped apart, and has seen Elvis at 1000 foot. 🙂

Last edited:
John and team will be on the NHRA facebook page this afternoon talking about their return. Sucks for Prock to be the odd man out. https://www.johnforceracing.com/joh...UmkebcMCBO7eHWTAR5AOU1ifEJradJR5dEQ-dbQj2j7wY
1613484976425.png

Great news that Team Force is back (even if only 3/4 of the expected team). Hard to believe that such a great, young star of the future in Prock, couldn’t get enough budget to run. I’d rather see him run than Brittany but clearly Monster and FlavR see value in her.

Great news that Team Force is back (even if only 3/4 of the expected team). Hard to believe that such a great, young star of the future in Prock, couldn’t get enough budget to run. I’d rather see him run than Brittany but clearly Monster and FlavR see value in her.

Brittany is a former champion in the category ... there is more value in her.

I also hope Prock's stay on the sidelines is a short one.

He has the advantage of being young with a good personality, has already proved he can drive a top fuel car and is hooked up with a top notch operation that can open sponsor doors. He will be just fine.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back