An honest question to countdown fans. (1 Viewer)

I enjoy the Countdown, and I want to know what EVERY race has on implications on the Countdown, because it does, because I was taught to count points from my Diamond P announcers Dave McClelland and Steve Evans. So no, i don't think it is overkill - if I had enough time in the day I would create my own papers and/or spreadsheets and analyze every race and every ladder pairing as to its impact on the Countdown.

Personally I enjoyed the 2007 Countdown from 8 to 4 better - it took my breath away and had me on the edge of my seat for the final 5 races or so - THAT was exciting. And getting into the Top 8 was thrilling as well.

thank you for the answer.

I'm curious. Does it bother you to see racers start going into to test mode though once their spot is secure. Not sure I would want to spend money on the final 2-5 races before the countdown deadline when not eveyone is racing to win that event.

thank you for the answer.

I'm curious. Does it bother you to see racers start going into to test mode though once their spot is secure. Not sure I would want to spend money on the final 2-5 races before the countdown deadline when not eveyone is racing to win that event.

No - crew chiefs are always going to test whether there is a countdown or not. That's the nature of the beast. If you think about it during regular seasons, teams that are struggling or have no shot at the championships would be testing through a lot of the second half of the year since they had no chance at the Championship. They often even announced they were preparing for next year. And these could be fifth place cars on down.

Also to clarify, when they first announced the Countdown, I thought it sounded so lame. But going through the 2007 season i really got into the excitement of it. 2008 was still pretty good, but not QUITE as thrilling and nerve wracking.

thats the point i can't believe anymore. They are not racing to win the event.
what is the purpose of showing up then ?

to put your sponsors name out there, or blow a ton of
your own cash, and give the fans a show.
i can't tell if they're testing or not, much less care.
nitro's nitro.

I'm glad this wasn't a rant.

To me, if a Championship points system starts the season with every car, every driver, and every team with zero points, it's fair. And to me, win Indy, and I'll remember that a helluva lot longer than winning any kind of contrived points system. And to me, any Sportsman racer who won a season points championship achieved a helluva lot more than did any pro team in any class.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back