I Need Your Opinions, I Need 'Em Now. Anyone And Everyone (1 Viewer)

Patty: I have taken shots at Alan R. for years and you never see him on here whining about being picked on.[/QUOTE

Yea, but do you know how many times I have cried myself to sleep over it? And all the years of therapy? I'm just now starting to get better, so please don't start again and cause a relapse........ I'll pretend to be your friend, really......

Alan

Patrick,

You asked, so here's my take. Many of your posts come accross as though you are dictating to us. You don't say, "I would like to see changes" You say "We need to do this!" That can rub some the wrong way.

Here's a couple of examples, there are many more, but I have to get to Phoenix,

When you went on the Del thread and were asked not to derail the thread you responded; "Yea i'll derail anything I want to." You didn't make any friends with that one.

If you asked me to not track mud in your house, and I said, "I'll track mud wherever I want and you can't stop me!" How would you respond to that?

And in the same thread you said,
"I really don't care how far we turn back the clock. I think everyone would agree that I don't give a crap if we gotta break into the 4.999's again, just get us back to 1320."
To me that doesn't sound like you want to have a discussion, it sounds like you want to tell me how it's going to be. You said word for word "everyone would agree", but everyone doesn't agree. And when they don't you seem to think that you're the only one who's opinion matters. You have told others, I don't agree with you so go away. When someone responds in the same tone, you become the innocent vitim. If they say "I don't give a crap what Patrick thinks" you take it as an attack.

To put it another way, if you said to me "Hey, will you give me a hand with this?" I would be happy to help, but if you said "Get your ass over here and fix this!" I'm not so inclined to do it.

Just remember, you asked,

Alan

Ok Alan, you do have a point and said it to me in a way nobody else has. It's not what I say, it's how I said it. I did not realize that. I did not assume that people would take it like that, but more as an undertone "we" as a group of people whoever they are that wants 1320 back. I meant no disrespect. I just feel some guys took it to the extreme in there responses, and having only respond to the words on the screen and not thinking about the words having another less commanding matter. I never intended to dicate or command anything and someone should of said that to me, instead of just telling me I did not agree with anyone that was not even the truth and never fixed the real issue.

I am not taking back any of the ways that I said my POV's, but I am saying i'm sorry if you misinterpreted the tone, because i am responsible for writing it. So this is what it's all about? You guys think that when I'm on this site i wanna make it my world, my views, and wont take a disagreement, that is further than the truth.

I am moving on, if you misinterpreted what I wrote because of how I wrote it I take the blame, but i could of been made aware of it in a way like this, instead of being told i dont accept anyone opinions but my own. It's not true and can be proved. I'm tired of this drama, I was respectfully posting with a wrong tone, how was i suppose to know? I'm from NY, it's no excuse but the means of communication here are not exactly considerate and second guessing or re writing your first action is hardly ever done. You may say it should be of no influence, but when you work in a city with 8 million people and the majority are cold, of course it plays on you

Last edited:
Okay guys, read the first few chapters in Patrick's new book, and it will pretty much give you full insight into what's going on here.

Forever Endeavor

Patrick, please read what Alan just posted and take it to heart. Next time you go to post an opinion, take the time to read it over and consider the tone of it, and how other's will perceive it. I think that the biggest issue that people have with you is not your opinions, but how you present them.

Last edited:
I did not exactly authorize this view of my private life. If I wanted to make it known I would be promoting it here. I really do not agree with anyone on this site knowing about this information.

I did not exactly authorize this view of my private life. If I wanted to make it known I would be promoting it here. I really do not agree with anyone on this site knowing about this information.

I hope your book is a success, Patrick. You're getting some good feedback here and I think Alan & Lance pretty much nailed it. It's not your opinions..just the approach.

Best of luck.

I hope your book is a success, Patrick. You're getting some good feedback here and I think Alan & Lance pretty much nailed it. It's not your opinions..just the approach.

Best of luck.

Thanks, I guess I need to just write better. It's not my attitude it's my words

I too hope that your book is successful Patrick. I did not post that link to be mean, or spiteful. I did it to give people an idea of what you've had to deal with in life, and therefore that answers some of the questions that some of us have as to why you seem to come across as you do at times. It's all good, just try to take the advice given as constructive, and try to consider how your posts will be perceived by others. I'm only here to talk about Drag Racing, not to bash on others.

Patrick if you concentrate on the things that Alan said, then I think you will find that most of the members on here are pretty cool, and you will have a lot more fun on nitromater.

Last edited:
Alright I give in. I'm responsible. I never disclosed my book due to the fact that I don't want anyone giving me any special treatment do to my life. I like to play rough and sometimes when your all in your too ignorant to give up. I take back everything I said because my only flaw is I did not say it right. I will shape up and not defend things that I write poorly. Now that it's out about my book I guess I might as well admit that I was also in the 2001 Vegas-2 results national dragster as the Make-A-Wish NHRA guest at the 2001 finals. I cannot disclose what exactly took place that weekend, but I can say that part of my big displeasure with the NHRA is because they were totally against it and allowed it while they kicked and screamed.

Last edited:
What were they totally against? Having you there as a guest of the Make A Wish foundation?

Yes, they rejected the idea several times and somehow they just gave up, they wanted nothing to do with it until they accepted the idea. I was never told the full story, but that is part of what I have been told. That's the reason I know some drivers as well as I do and cannot discuss much of anything about it here. The NHRA community, Drivers, crew members, owners, incredibly nice people.

NHRA Brass personally I don't like and it's not that I dislike them personally only as the body that they make up, I would just like them to listen to anyone who doesn't have money. They do not value fan input, I tried talking to them. They just need to fix their business plans. I don't have all the answers, but it would not hurt the NHRA to take opinions on the future from their fans and view answers that owners, teams, and drivers just can't provide.

The Make A Wish Foundation is a great thing, I dunno, I find it hard to believe that anyone would be against making someone's life better. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding there. Regardless, that was 10 years ago. You cannot go through life holding on to grudges, that will only make you a bitter person.

Sure the NHRA can improve on a lot of things, but they do a lot of things really well. If there are things that you don't like, find a constructive way to address them, *****ing and complaining about issues does nothing to solve them.

Mr Keenan, look up the name Franklin Ratliff.

He probably has the record for being BANNED by more motorsports fansites than anyone on the planet.

If you can FIND any posts of his you may detect a demeanor that you may not want to emulate. Key word, demeanor.

Just a friendly hint.

Nitromater is kind, I know!

Not finding really anything, but i got a wake up call, i'm good. Franklin Ratliff so I hear is a name that have when mentioned people worry that their computers may blow up. All I used to be is nitromaniac. I thought I matured since then, and I did but thanks guys for helping me with my tone.

Mr Keenan, look up the name Franklin Ratliff.

He probably has the record for being BANNED by more motorsports fansites than anyone on the planet.

If you can FIND any posts of his you may detect a demeanor that you may not want to emulate. Key word, demeanor.

Just a friendly hint.

Nitromater is kind, I know!

Norm, you should be shot for just bringing up that name! ha ha.

Yea, but do you know how many times I have cried myself to sleep over it? And all the years of therapy? I'm just now starting to get better, so please don't start again and cause a relapse........ I'll pretend to be your friend, really......

Alan

Alan

I love it. I'll try to be a good boy, really......

John

Yeh, the spelling police on this site are wicked. Oh, and don't get any punctuation wrong, good golly almighty.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back