maters i need your input (2 Viewers)

he is "special"....just like his daddy :):)

look forward to seein all the troops out this summer Belt!

he is "special"....just like his daddy :):)

look forward to seein all the troops out this summer Belt!
ha ha... yeah i think this little guy 'chases the short bus'! but man he's pretty funny. he 'talks' so darn funny

i do think he will be a perfect track dog tho cause he is definitely 100% deaf. normally i've gotta be careful and quiet to 'sneak around' the house to keep from stirring his brother Brooks... but not Baxter. this morning was his first wake up at his new home. i got outta bed, came in the living room, opened his kennel... and nothing! i was expecting him to come flyin outta there in a frenzy... NOPE... he was out cold! i had to reach in and gently rub his ear to get him to wake up! kinda funny... definitely a new dog experience for me

Pretty cool deal. I still think you should have named him 'What'. Or you could have went with 'Beltone'. LOL.

Good luck with him and hope it all goes well for a long time for all of you. Your a good man for taking him in. He'll do you well I am sure as you have done him well already.

Now just don't get caught yelling at him! That just won't look good you yelling at a poor deaf dog. And he'll give you that sideways dog look you would so deserve.

SO SBM is now either Sean Belt Motorsports or Short Bus Motorsports...:D

Seriously good on ya boy!

Now just don't get caught yelling at him! That just won't look good you yelling at a poor deaf dog. And he'll give you that sideways dog look you would so deserve.

I can see the caption under the picture now... "I see your lips moving, but no sound is coming out pops." :p :D

Beautiful dogs Sean.

Sean, here is an article I read today. Thinking of the new boy. Hope all is well.

Lost dog found after a weeklong search

A few notes

"deaf boxer’s seven day odyssey through Highland Village and Flower Mound."

"Nilla, a deaf white boxer"

"Nilla gives a kiss to Marla Margol at the office of The News Connection, where the group gathered to recount the story of the deaf boxer’s seven day odyssey"

Sean, here is an article I read today. Thinking of the new boy. Hope all is well.

A few notes

"deaf boxer’s seven day odyssey through Highland Village and Flower Mound."

"Nilla, a deaf white boxer"

"Nilla gives a kiss to Marla Margol at the office of The News Connection, where the group gathered to recount the story of the deaf boxer’s seven day odyssey"
WOW!!... not gonna lie jim... that was hard to read and not get choked up. good to hear a happy ending for a change!

love the name Nilla btw... too funny

WOW!!... not gonna lie jim... that was hard to read and not get choked up. good to hear a happy ending for a change!

love the name Nilla btw... too funny

Tough read yes but great outcome. This whole area was wired. Signs, people looking....it was good to see everyone looking for a dog in the midst of real life being a mess as it is for everyone.

I liked this line best though. 'They also took into account the facts that Nilla, who knows some sign language...' You know I lost it right there Sean.

Ok great so the dog knows some sign language. And how many people besides me and about 10 others maybe around here do know some sign language? And exactly how does a dog communicate in sign language anyhow?

How does the dog tell you it knows ASL?

Glad it worked out for all and made me think of the new guy. Now make sure to get him chipped and tattoed, as well the brother while you're at it! Heck get one for yourself too family discount or something. Cheap insurance.

Throw up another pic or two of the boys when you get time.

And a friend of mine is now using a vibe style training collar on their going deaf Rott. They use it in short bursts one for come, two for stay... And using sign as well. Still can't get him to sign back either. LOL.

yep definitely a happy ending... thanks for the story jim

baxter went to visit the vet today and got his little micro-chip installed

he was a good boy and the vet agrees... he may be a little 'special'... i just laughed at that

here's a few pics... first 'trip' (went to my sisters for dinner) and of course the boys had to show off

the boys are pretty hard to tell apart at a glance... baxter is on the left brooks is on the right
s3a.JPG

in these 2 baxter is 'telling his brother to share'... for a deaf dog he sure is hella loud!
s5a.JPG

s6a.JPG

and if you're bored here are a couple videos
http://www.spankycuts.com/images/baxter2.AVI
http://www.spankycuts.com/images/baxter1.AVI

Last edited:
Awwww....I love this story and I love Boxer furbabies! Thanks so much for sharing!

After seeing these I ow know for sure Laila needs a playmate. It's just me, her, my Dad and my kiddo. There's something wrong with that!

Thanks. Yeah, I know. I've been looking here and there and have checked that site often. I really want to focus on a male for her. She's very submissive, so many females just dominate the heck out of her. It breaks my heart because she's my baby. We've had little 'play dates' with other females and they just end up making her sad and hurt. She just won't stand up for herself and it just seems to make them more aggressive. She's ended up with scratched and bleeding ears and one even took a big ol' chunk out of her face. So, I think a male is the best way to go. What is it with (most) female Boxers? They are so ALPHA!

cool vids Belt....i like how you talk to your deaf dog....who's the special one now?? :eek::eek:

...but you got a couple good lookin pups there and like i said before you're a good man for taken them in....i love boxers!

cool vids Belt....i like how you talk to your deaf dog....who's the special one now?? :eek::eek:
what can i say minick... he chases after it and i ride in it!!

maybe instead of flappin your choppers you can tune it up for us??

627457150_b776c21e83.jpg

ps... is it freakin' race season yet???? geez this is killing me!!!

that thing needs a blower and about 92%.....then we'll be talkin!
ha ha ha... i knew i could count on you minick!!!

so what you're saying is that the rider may be 'slow' but i'll never be late for school?? :eek:

now if you could just fix this -4 degree/ice/snow/cold/windy BS weather... we could get some freakin racin going man!!

btw... i know this will come as a shock but i actually rode a short bus (i think it's a prerequisite for driving a fuel/altered)

Last edited:
btw... i know this will come as a shock but i actually rode a short bus (i think it's a prerequisite for driving a fuel/altered)

well it makes sense.....the shortbus leads to a short wheel-base...it's a natural transition really

and i know how you feel man.....this off season is killing me!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back