maters i need your input (1 Viewer)

Good looking kids there Nebraski... YoYo wants to know if Scotty dates...

d'kid
He sure does, Karl! And as a proud father you can be sure she is safe as Scotty got "tutored" last month! He was getting old enough to be way too interested in Little Kitty who hadn't been fixed yet either. took em both in at the same time and the Vet gave me a "group rate!"

He sure does, Karl! And as a proud father you can be sure she is safe as Scotty got "tutored" last month! He was getting old enough to be way too interested in Little Kitty who hadn't been fixed yet either. took em both in at the same time and the Vet gave me a "group rate!"

Same with YoYo Christmas Eve... she seems more chilled out about somethings... but she still looks at the grandsons like they might be a tasty meal... she just lays there, licking her chops, whenever they are in the room...

hummmmm

d'kid

Same with YoYo Christmas Eve... she seems more chilled out about somethings... but she still looks at the grandsons like they might be a tasty meal... she just lays there, licking her chops, whenever they are in the room...

hummmmm

d'kid
I know whatcha mean, Karl--when Big Kitty is on top of the Cat-Tree, I catch her looking at me like a food source also--she's sneaky

I know whatcha mean, Karl--when Big Kitty is on top of the Cat-Tree, I catch her looking at me like a food source also--she's sneaky

There is a cat hanging around my yard that I'm a little worried about. She cries like she wants food, doesn't touch what I leave out for her, and arches her back and hisses when the kids walk by her. I've tried to befriend the cat (she is longhaired, so I'd have to take her to the pound even if she was friendly), I borrowed a humanitarian trap from a friend and tried to trap her, what worries me is how she arches her back and hisses at the kids. It wouldn't be so bad but she doesn't hide from the kids, she walks toward them, with her back arched. I've thrown rocks around her just to her to get her to go away, I've been wanting a cat for a long time, but this cat just gives me bad feelings.

There is a cat hanging around my yard that I'm a little worried about. She cries like she wants food, doesn't touch what I leave out for her, and arches her back and hisses when the kids walk by her. I've tried to befriend the cat (she is longhaired, so I'd have to take her to the pound even if she was friendly), I borrowed a humanitarian trap from a friend and tried to trap her, what worries me is how she arches her back and hisses at the kids. It wouldn't be so bad but she doesn't hide from the kids, she walks toward them, with her back arched. I've thrown rocks around her just to her to get her to go away, I've been wanting a cat for a long time, but this cat just gives me bad feelings.

Jenn, is she near an area that might be protecting a litter? She definitely sounds like she is in attack mode. If not, make sure you bait that trap with a small can of cat food. Once trapped, put a towel over the trap while you pick it up or transport it to keep her calmer and to prevent her from planning attacks. Wear gloves when handling the trap with her in it. Much easier to prevent scratches and bites from feral or dumped cats that to have to clean & then and worry about possible diseases.

Jenn, I was going to post some ideas, but Georginna covered it better than I could have--all I will add is, the outside cats that live at my farm are 100% feral and have never been domesticated--that being the case, they usually will run from strangers UNLESS, as G said, they have recently had a litter, or have made a kill and have stashed it nearby. Then, they will become very confrontational, and the arching back and hissing are their equivalents of a rattlesnake and his rattles....
Hey, you never told me you wanted a cat---hmmmmmm

Since she seems to come out from all areas, I don't think she's protecting anything unless she's moving them around alot.

I'm not even sure it's a she or a he right now anyway, but it looks well cared for. But I tell you what, if that cat chases the kids with her back arch, I got a loaded surprise for you. I love cats, but the kids come first.

tim i have always LOVED the name donovan!!... someday if i ever have a 2 legged kiddo... donovan would be at the top of my list

Sean, that is my son's middle name. my ex wife thought it was b/c of Dixon's son named Donovan. I just loved the name.
My vote would be for Brady or Digger since you are saving Donovan.

heh sean, you are good folk.it takes a lotta work to do what your doin, and a big heart.Good luck with your racin. oh,what about buell (bikes). all the best , mike

That is Nancy Matter's dogs name!!! He is cuuuuute!
ha ha... cool!! well scott gaulter (who owns the nitro madness car and magazine) has a pup named wally-dog! so it's already taken in my extended family

Sean, that is my son's middle name. my ex wife thought it was b/c of Dixon's son named Donovan. I just loved the name.
My vote would be for Brady or Digger since you are saving Donovan.
now that you say that i do recall dixon's son being named donovan. very cool! hmmm... man i'm overwhelmed with good options now!

heh sean, you are good folk.it takes a lotta work to do what your doin, and a big heart.Good luck with your racin. oh,what about buell (bikes). all the best , mike
i like it mike... and i like that it keeps the 'b-theme' to go with 'brooks'

gotta say thanks to all for the suggestions... i've gotten a lot of good ones here and some from family and friends. not all of them have been car/auto but... i've added a few to the list just because they really fit the character of the pup as his foster-mom has described him to me and from pics.

and just to update i've gotten 4 of the 5 approvals from their adoption board that i need to be approved (i think it might be easier to adopt a human than a dog?)

if all goes well, and i expect it will, i'll be headed to little rock on saturday to bring the little guy home! i'll post up the 'short list' of names soon

Look forward to meeting your new "kid" Sean!!!
yeah me too wes!!... and i'm all excited cuz i got the call yesterday that my 'adoption' was approved by all of the necessary people on the rescue board. i've talked to the foster mom and i've got a trip planned to little rock this weekend to pick the little guy up!

hey maters... well after a little road trip and a crazy nite in little rock (wow... better not go back there for a while!) i finally got to meet the new pup today

he is quite a little character... i know he's deaf, but i think he's a little 'touched' or 'blessed' as well if ya know what i mean.

funny thing is his bark... much like a deaf human that has speech difficulties he's got this goofy off-pitch bark/whine thing. pretty funny. so now i'm just chilling at home letting the boys get to know each other. this is gonna be interesting!

i think i'm gonna name his Baxter. back in the 60's there was a speedshop in lawrence, ks called don's speedshop. they were one of the biggest midwest shops and happened to sponsor my dad who raced a 55 chevy in the ahra's 'street eliminator' category. and in 1968 my dad won the ahra finals (just a little family history). then in 80's (maybe early 90's?) don baxter's son tim baxter had a pretty strong running t/ad here in the midwest called the jayhawker. loved watching that car run! and tim was always a great guy to talk with in the pits.

here are a few pics...
Brooks, me, Baxter
dd1.jpg

dd2.jpg
dd3.JPG

Tim Baxter's Jayhawker
BaxterComp.jpg

Baxter's Jayhawker TAD was always one of my faves. Great name for a pup!!!!

He's a cutie Sean!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back